• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joecct
    replied
    Re: Greatest Moments in Frozen Four History

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    I wasn't born then, but Dan Lodboa (a defenseman!) had a natural hat trick within 7:14 during the third period of the championship game in 1970 to complete a comeback over Clarkson and cap off the undefeated season. He scored an even strength, SHG, and PPG, including a go-ahead goal and the eventual game winner.
    DON'T REMIND ME!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    I was at that FF. I remember walking in and there was 1:08 on the clock in the first period and there were sticks, gloves and helmets all over the ice. Probably the biggest fight in FF history. Not sure if it was Brown/Tech - could have been Minnesota.
    It was obviously North Dakota. Who else starts fights?

The Kolanos goal isn't that impressive, he only had to get around Aaron Schneekloth...

Leave a comment:

• A Shot and a Goal
    replied

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    I was at that FF. I remember walking in and there was 1:08 on the clock in the first period and there were sticks, gloves and helmets all over the ice. Probably the biggest fight in FF history. Not sure if it was Brown/Tech - could have been Minnesota.
    I'm trying to recall. The other semi-final was Minnesota-BU and I don't remember a fight in that one. I think it was Brown-Tech.

Hey, nice job as usual showing up nineteen minutes after the opening faceoff. Catching a last pitcher or five at Chez Wiste, were we?

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
    One of my favorite Frozen Four moments comes from the 1976 tournament held on the DU campus in the Pioneers' old barn.

Michigan Tech played Brown in one semifinal game. Dave Joelson won it for Tech, 7-6, in double overtime. It may have been Brown's best team ever. That was one of the "Gilligan's Island" teams Brown had in that era. Bill Gilligan, Dave McIntosh, Dave Roberts and Tim Bothwell were the stars of the team.

The rink in George V. Meehan Auditorium, where Brown played and still plays it's games, was affectionately known as "Gilligan's Island" at the time because of Gilligan's scoring exploits.
    You forgot goaltender Kevin McCabe!!! IIRC (or as Kevin tells it), the last game of all of this 3 varsity seasons ended with an OT loss (forget the hangover consolation game). However, the proud Papa in 2007 saw his son backstop his HS to the Maryland state championship.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

One of my favorite Frozen Four moments comes from the 1976 tournament held on the DU campus in the Pioneers' old barn.

Michigan Tech played Brown in one semifinal game. Dave Joelson won it for Tech, 7-6, in double overtime. It may have been Brown's best team ever. That was one of the "Gilligan's Island" teams Brown had in that era. Bill Gilligan, Dave McIntosh, Dave Roberts and Tim Bothwell were the stars of the team.

The rink in George V. Meehan Auditorium, where Brown played and still plays it's games, was affectionately known as "Gilligan's Island" at the time because of Gilligan's scoring exploits.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I thought it was because all the co-eds looked like Ginger and Mary Ann.

Leave a comment:

• A Shot and a Goal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Greyeagle
    replied

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
    Worst ending to an emotional game/series/season I've ever witnessed in person.
    Been there (sans losing the coach) and can empathize completely, which for Gopher fans made the win all the sweeter. The Maine fans my dad & I sat next to were amazing, just oozed class.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    No but it sent them there, its a stretch but was a pretty solid moment. Threw it out there, not sure it fits.
    It's all good, just giving you crap.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
    Winner.
    ******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wr2Ke5hEIqo&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wr2Ke5hEIqo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
    I would nominate that game for one of the top 10.

North Dakota was down 2-0 late in the 3rd, and Dean Blais pulled the goalie and North Dakota scored twice to tie it.

We all know how it ended.

Leave a comment:

• Federal League
    replied

Thanks. Somehow I forgot to post it here.

And thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. I probably would've missed at least three of the top 10 without them.

Leave a comment:

• redhawkman10
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Something tells me that wasn't in a Frozen Four.
    No but it sent them there, its a stretch but was a pretty solid moment. Threw it out there, not sure it fits.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    What about Joe Whitney's goal in the regional final against Miami to send them to the FF?
    Something tells me that wasn't in a Frozen Four.

Leave a comment:

• redhawkman10
    replied

What about Joe Whitney's goal in the regional final against Miami to send them to the FF? That diving play to score the ot winner was pretty awsome, for BC fans that is lol.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

http://www.nesn.com/2010/04/top-10-f...r-history.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X