• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: To be or not TV

Originally posted by natta View Post
    Do you qualify espn 360 as on TV?
    ESPNU is airing the 4 games they are not carrying live on tape delay. Further, they are making the games available to local and regional outlets. It may be fashionable to pick on the Boys from Bristol, but this time they're doing a good job.

Leave a comment:

• IrishHockeyFan
    replied

Originally posted by natta View Post
    Every game not live on ESPNU will apparently be televised live by one or another of many regional sports networks, as well as some free over-the-air stations in some of the schools home markets. Is that as good as having every game on free, over-the-air TV so anyone who wants to can watch the games? No, of course not. But welcome to the real world. Most die-hard sports fans do have access to a cable or satellite package that can receive these regional sports channels. My guess is most fans who want to watch these games on TV will be able to. Those who cannot have further incentive to pressure their providers to pick up the channels so in the future they will be able to.

Leave a comment:

• natta
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    What are you talking about? Every game is telecast by ESPNU. Just because you don't get ESPNU doesn't mean the games aren't there.

If you want a blackout, just remember that the NCAA used to mandate that regionals had to be sellouts or none of the games could be on any TV (like the 92 tournament).

Leave a comment:

• natta
    replied

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Everyone is turned off by {100% Minnesota residents}
    Jealous?

Leave a comment:

• crossjcek
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    The $7 a month or whatever it is for charter is well worth it to order during the hockey season. Every North Dakota home game is on as well as a ton of other games from the CCHA.

It also comes in handy during the NCAA hockey tournament every March.
    excellent point. You can always cancel after the season and pick it back up next year. Also Charter internet now supports espn360. I wish all games were on major cable with great announcers at times of my choice, but I will take any coverage I can get and happily pay the $5 a month and I don't watch other sports on TV so I guess I'm not one of THOSE, as was stated earlier.

Leave a comment:

• thebrain
    replied

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
    Huh? i guess by "almost no TV" you really mean that every game will be on TV.
    It's opposite day.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
    ESPNU is not TV for the 95% of the population who's life includes more than watching sports. **** ESPN. **** Charter.
    The $7 a month or whatever it is for charter is well worth it to order during the hockey season. Every North Dakota home game is on as well as a ton of other games from the CCHA.

It also comes in handy during the NCAA hockey tournament every March.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Seriously? Haha, wow.
    Yeah, the 1992 regionals were blacked out. It was the first year off campus and the NCAA was afraid people would stay home and watch rather than attend the games, so they adopted the idiotic blackout policy. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed the next year and the regionals could be picked up by local stations.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

If you want a blackout, just remember that the NCAA used to mandate that regionals had to be sellouts or none of the games could be on any TV (like the 92 tournament).
    Did Dollar Bill Wirtz used to run the NCAA along with the Blackhawks?

Leave a comment:

• MikeAnderson
    replied

I think that's a bit of a stretch. ESPNU is part of my basic service.
    ESPNU HD is a part of mine.

Leave a comment:

• Pucknut
    replied

I see complaints that the coverage isn’t in HD and my Directv Ch. 614 is not HD. I don’t give a hoot as long as I can see the games. If I had to depend on the Internet I may as well go stack wood. I remember when the NC$$ had the blackout rule also, it stunk.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Seriously? Haha, wow.

Leave a comment:

• MoFan
    replied

Cablevision finally added it.

Leave a comment:

• RedFreak
    replied

Lucky you.

Leave a comment:

• moe24
    replied

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
    ESPNU is not TV for the 95% of the population who's life includes more than watching sports. **** ESPN. **** Charter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X