To be or not TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To be or not TV

I see complaints that the coverage isn’t in HD and my Directv Ch. 614 is not HD. I don’t give a hoot as long as I can see the games. If I had to depend on the Internet I may as well go stack wood. I remember when the NC$$ had the blackout rule also, it stunk.

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
      I think that's a bit of a stretch. ESPNU is part of my basic service.
      ESPNU HD is a part of mine.
      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
      2006 Time Person of the Year
      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        If you want a blackout, just remember that the NCAA used to mandate that regionals had to be sellouts or none of the games could be on any TV (like the 92 tournament).
        Did Dollar Bill Wirtz used to run the NCAA along with the Blackhawks?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Seriously? Haha, wow.
          Yeah, the 1992 regionals were blacked out. It was the first year off campus and the NCAA was afraid people would stay home and watch rather than attend the games, so they adopted the idiotic blackout policy. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed the next year and the regionals could be picked up by local stations.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
            ESPNU is not TV for the 95% of the population who's life includes more than watching sports. **** ESPN. **** Charter.
            The $7 a month or whatever it is for charter is well worth it to order during the hockey season. Every North Dakota home game is on as well as a ton of other games from the CCHA.

It also comes in handy during the NCAA hockey tournament every March.

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
              Huh? i guess by "almost no TV" you really mean that every game will be on TV.
              It's opposite day.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                The $7 a month or whatever it is for charter is well worth it to order during the hockey season. Every North Dakota home game is on as well as a ton of other games from the CCHA.

It also comes in handy during the NCAA hockey tournament every March.
                excellent point. You can always cancel after the season and pick it back up next year. Also Charter internet now supports espn360. I wish all games were on major cable with great announcers at times of my choice, but I will take any coverage I can get and happily pay the $5 a month and I don't watch other sports on TV so I guess I'm not one of THOSE, as was stated earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  Everyone is turned off by {100% Minnesota residents}
                  Jealous?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    What are you talking about? Every game is telecast by ESPNU. Just because you don't get ESPNU doesn't mean the games aren't there.

If you want a blackout, just remember that the NCAA used to mandate that regionals had to be sellouts or none of the games could be on any TV (like the 92 tournament).
                    Do you qualify espn 360 as on TV?

Comment

Originally posted by natta View Post
                      Every game not live on ESPNU will apparently be televised live by one or another of many regional sports networks, as well as some free over-the-air stations in some of the schools home markets. Is that as good as having every game on free, over-the-air TV so anyone who wants to can watch the games? No, of course not. But welcome to the real world. Most die-hard sports fans do have access to a cable or satellite package that can receive these regional sports channels. My guess is most fans who want to watch these games on TV will be able to. Those who cannot have further incentive to pressure their providers to pick up the channels so in the future they will be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by natta View Post
                        ESPNU is airing the 4 games they are not carrying live on tape delay. Further, they are making the games available to local and regional outlets. It may be fashionable to pick on the Boys from Bristol, but this time they're doing a good job.

Comment

Working...
                        X