X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richl49
    replied
    Re: Teams in the NCAA

UAF is providing free tickets for anyone taking the bus to Wochester. The bus leaves Wednesday and should be there by next Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• redeagle
    replied

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    No info on Miami student tickets, but they are charging everyone that buys from them $274 for 2 tickets. Yes, there is a $100 surcharge for 2 tickets, so ticketmaster is relatively inexpensive given that. If you want 4 seats together? $1,348. There is a $1,000 fee. No lie.

I don't know if you should call that a "fee." Only Red and White Club members havd access to tickets (at least initially). It's to join the Red and White Club at different levels. I did not pay the "fee" and got tickets through Miami (I'm in the Red and White Club). Is it stupid for Miami to do this? Yes I think it is. Maybe for the Frozen Four where there normally (like last year) is more demand than supply, but I don't get Miami or anyone else doing this for a regional in Ft. Wayne--not if Miami want its own people there.

jd, do you know what they are charging Miami students?

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    News Flash: Everything costs money.
    News Flash: The BC ticket office has listened to the complaints of those who emailed and has reconsidered. Our student tickets will now be $35 dollars for the two-game package and there will be a free student bus.

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

No info on Miami student tickets, but they are charging everyone that buys from them $274 for 2 tickets. Yes, there is a $100 surcharge for 2 tickets, so ticketmaster is relatively inexpensive given that. If you want 4 seats together? $1,348. There is a $1,000 fee. No lie.

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

Originally posted by btg1204 View Post
    How much is your school charging your students to go to the regional? I ask because once again the moneyhounds at BC are charging the students $85 for the 3 game pack which is absolutely absurd.

Thanks.
    Free, free, free, everybody always wants something for free.

News Flash: Everything costs money.

Leave a comment:

• bueller
    replied

Try calling the arenas too. IIRC, last year the Van Andel (Midwest) had a student ticket package that was ~$30 for all sessions, but you had to buy in person.

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

Well, it seems Yale is helping out our disadvantaged youth, nice gesture by the University.

NCAA NORTHEAST REGIONAL -

Subsidized all-session tickets (regularly priced at $85) will go on-sale directly through the Athletics Ticket Office (20 Tower Pkwy.) at 2pm on Tuesday, March 23 for $35. The all-session ticket provides admission into all three Regional games. Tickets for Yale students will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Transportation
    Bus transportation will be provided free-of-charge for Yale students interested in attending the game(s). Transportation will only be available for students that purchase a game-ticket. On Saturday, the buses will leave prior to Game 1 and return directly after the Yale game. If Yale advances to the Championship game, bus transportation will also be provided to, and from the game. More information on the bus schedule will be provided at the time of purchase.

Game Schedule
    (Sat) March 27 | Game 1 | Boston College vs. Alaska-Fairbanks | 1:30pm
    (Sat) March 27 | Game 2 | Yale vs. North Dakota | 5:00pm
    (Sun) March 28 | Winner ‘Game 1’ vs. Winner ‘Game 2’ | 5:30pm

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by UML View Post
    So is the cheapest ticket available for a single game in Worcester $47.50?
    god... I remember back in 1993 my father paid $60 for 2 tickets for 4 games in Worcester... $7.50 per game. I also got most of the BU team to sign my program... lost that one dammit.

Leave a comment:

• slurpees
    replied

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
    BC needs their students to show up to bowl games in order to have a prayer of being asked to go to a better bowl.

There's no such issue with hockey.
    Yeah, the big time schools just assume their students will go and if not, oh well for them. It is what it is. Nice of some schools to help subsidize the cost.

Leave a comment:

• candycanes99
    replied

Originally posted by btg1204 View Post
    Understood but usually schools subsidize part of the cost (ex: bowl games are free for BC).
    BC needs their students to show up to bowl games in order to have a prayer of being asked to go to a better bowl.

There's no such issue with hockey.

Leave a comment:

• NMU8405
    replied

NMU is charging 193 to 320 dollars depending on the hotel option you choose. Cheapest is a quad, most expensive are singles. Tickets are 94 dollars and includes the bus ride to St. Paul

Leave a comment:

• RITProf
    replied

RIT is charging students $20 for each day with free busses available to the first 110 to sign up.

(Faculty, Staff, Alumni get to pay the going public rate for the full weekend and a little less for a special alumni package for Friday.)

Leave a comment:

• slurpees
    replied

I don't remember ever hearing of anyone giving discounted student tickets for the NCAAs. BU never has, and I don't believe BC or NU (that one time) has either, but I could be wrong on that.

Leave a comment:

• UML
    replied

So is the cheapest ticket available for a single game in Worcester $47.50?

Leave a comment:

• Billy Blanks
    replied

NMU is charging $94 for the regional package.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X