• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcarter7669
    replied
    Re: Show me the money--Players turning pro

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
    This forum is about college hockey, not me or you. Do you have any facts or opinions to offer about about college hockey, past, present, or future?
    You first.

Leave a comment:

• ts8801
    replied

This forum is about college hockey, not me or you. Do you have any facts or opinions to offer about about college hockey, past, present, or future?
    do you have a rebuttal to my valid counter point or are you going to continue avoiding them?

Leave a comment:

• DarthBruno
    replied

Actually, this THREAD is about this year's players who are turning pro. You have your own thread about the very existence of college hockey that you can post your opinions on, rather than in this thread.

As for opinions, you know what they say about them....

Leave a comment:

• Osorojo
    replied

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
    Why are you even on a college hockey fan board? I hear nothing from you but bitterness about the very existence of competitive varsity athletics in various threads here.

I call: Holier-than-thou faculty member who resents the very existence of college varsity program.

Leave a comment:

• DarthBruno
    replied

No amount of tap-dancing sophistry can alter reality.
    Oh, there we go -- fancy rhetoric alert. Definitely a disgruntled prof. Must have tenure and lots of time to hang around and troll here.

Back to the discussion of players turning pro... please?

Leave a comment:

• DarthBruno
    replied

Why in blazes should colleges recruit unwilling, untalented students, pay their expenses, and provide them with hockey programs in the hopes a hockey program will help them become scholars and graduates?

Why are you even on a college hockey fan board? I hear nothing from you but bitterness about the very existence of competitive varsity athletics in various threads here.

I call: Holier-than-thou faculty member who resents the very existence of college varsity program.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
    but he is already doing such a good job ignoring my valid argument against him, since he has no rebuttal for it.
    Well, he is a senior citizen so maybe he just forgets.

Leave a comment:

• ts8801
    replied

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    Ignoring stuff doesn't make it go away either. You can ignore the fact that I never said anything that you attributed to me, but it doesn't make it any less true and just serves to show your delusion.
    but he is already doing such a good job ignoring my valid argument against him, since he has no rebuttal for it.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Attacking the messenger doesn't change the news.
    Ignoring stuff doesn't make it go away either. You can ignore the fact that I never said anything that you attributed to me, but it doesn't make it any less true and just serves to show your delusion.

Leave a comment:

• Osorojo
    replied

*****http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/images/smilies/ohno.gif******

How can someone so illiterate even know what is a fact and isn't a fact.
    And why do I care if you take me seriously, after pages and pages of dialogue, you still attribute a whole host of "my opinion" that I have never even spoken of on this thread. Dude get some help for your delusions and stop making **** up until you do.
    Attacking the messenger doesn't change the news.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

No amount of tap-dancing sophistry can alter reality. FACT: State and federal governments regularly transfer large amounts of (public) funds to public AND private colleges and universities. The institutions accept these payments and use them, within limits, at their own discretion.

This is not a bad thing so long as educational institutions use this money to advance academic education, which marks the limits of honest and ethical disbursement of public funds to private and even public colleges and universities.

History proves that funding abuses involving college athletic programs are unhappily frequent, even though denizens of this site found their arguments on the assumption that there is never any corruption of academic standards or academic financing to benefit college athletic programs.

You are entitled to your opinion that college athletic programs never violate financial ethics and never subvert the mission of academic institutions. However, you are not entitled to your own facts. You can even profess that training professional athletes is a high priority for public and private academic institutions. Just don't expect to be taken as a serious person.
    *****http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/images/smilies/ohno.gif******

How can someone so illiterate even know what is a fact and isn't a fact.
    And why do I care if you take me seriously, after pages and pages of dialogue, you still attribute a whole host of "my opinion" that I have never even spoken of on this thread. Dude get some help for your delusions and stop making **** up until you do.

Leave a comment:

• Osorojo
    replied

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
    I would have went to college if I knew they had a university for the endowed.

*****http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/bigbreast.jpg******
    Me to.

Leave a comment:

• jstadts
    replied

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post

Leave a comment:

• badgerhawk
    replied

I attended a private, endowed university .

Leave a comment:

• Osorojo
    replied

http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_...sp?ods_key=aag

No, not exactly. But listen I'm done with this conversation. You win, I don't care. If you want to be ignorant of whether a private college is given public money go ahead, be ignorant. That's your choice.

BY the way if you look at Chapter 2 this is discussed in detail.
    Should a PI leave the school has 3 choices :
    A.) close the grant
    B.) let the grant go with the professor
    C.) NOMINATE another PI to take over.

The grant was written and granted based on the PI's experience, which is why C is never used because NSF will turn it down. Since it would be spiteful to close the grant for no reason that's not done either. So B is the way it works. But you are correct in that it really isn't the professors, but wrong, in that it's not the schools. Just FYI incase you choose to educate yourself about what you speak off.

Good Day.
    No amount of tap-dancing sophistry can alter reality. FACT: State and federal governments regularly transfer large amounts of (public) funds to public AND private colleges and universities. The institutions accept these payments and use them, within limits, at their own discretion.

This is not a bad thing so long as educational institutions use this money to advance academic education, which marks the limits of honest and ethical disbursement of public funds to private and even public colleges and universities.

History proves that funding abuses involving college athletic programs are unhappily frequent, even though denizens of this site found their arguments on the assumption that there is never any corruption of academic standards or academic financing to benefit college athletic programs.

You are entitled to your opinion that college athletic programs never violate financial ethics and never subvert the mission of academic institutions. However, you are not entitled to your own facts. You can even profess that training professional athletes is a high priority for public and private academic institutions. Just don't expect to be taken as a serious person.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X