Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Show me the money--Players turning pro

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
    No amount of tap-dancing sophistry can alter reality.
    Oh, there we go -- fancy rhetoric alert. Definitely a disgruntled prof. Must have tenure and lots of time to hang around and troll here.

Back to the discussion of players turning pro... please?

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
      Why are you even on a college hockey fan board? I hear nothing from you but bitterness about the very existence of competitive varsity athletics in various threads here.

I call: Holier-than-thou faculty member who resents the very existence of college varsity program.
      This forum is about college hockey, not me or you. Do you have any facts or opinions to offer about about college hockey, past, present, or future?

Comment

This forum is about college hockey, not me or you. Do you have any facts or opinions to offer about about college hockey, past, present, or future?
        Actually, this THREAD is about this year's players who are turning pro. You have your own thread about the very existence of college hockey that you can post your opinions on, rather than in this thread.

As for opinions, you know what they say about them....

Comment

do you have a rebuttal to my valid counter point or are you going to continue avoiding them?
          Originally posted by Mankato student
          Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
          "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
          -- Peter Klein

Comment

You first.
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

So instead of continuing on this stupid, stupid argument...

I read in the Star Tribune this morning that the Wild signed Jarod Palmer from Miami to a 1 year deal. I believe he was a senior.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Congrats and good luck to Palmer, and he is a senior graduating in two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  So instead of continuing on this stupid, stupid argument...

I read in the Star Tribune this morning that the Wild signed Jarod Palmer from Miami to a 1 year deal. I believe he was a senior.

You are on topic. What is your problem??!!!!1!1!11!!??

Comment

The debate/argument is over and the thread reverts to pro signing news....

Ohio State Soph. D-man Matt Bartkowski signs with Boston. His rights were traded from FLA to BOS at the March trading deadline.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=527488

That is the third player the Buckeyes have lost this offseason (Dalpe, Bishop).
                    The number of players leaving early has now surpassed 25.

Comment

Wisconsin Jr. defenseman Cody Goloubef signs with Columbus.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=527502

Comment

Toronto signed Scrivens to a one year, entry level contract:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=319772

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                          Toronto signed Scrivens to a one year, entry level contract:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=319772
                          I believe Scrivens graduated with a four-year degree, and I know he did not have an athletic scholarship.
                          How many college hockey players who were awarded and collected college scholarships dropped out this year? I don't know. Do You? If you do, please share the source of your information. All others need not respond.

Comment

How many college hockey players who were awarded and collected college scholarships dropped out this year? I don't know. Do You? If you do, please share the source of your information. All others need not respond.
                            About 20 have left early so far this year:

(Refernce Link below -- look for the asterisk that indicates underclassmen)
                            http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...gnees_0910.htm

All in all a small number, and most of them will be making double to 20 times more than their classmates in the first year out of school. And they can all go back and finish their degrees.

These guys have their whole lives to be college students, but they don't have their whole lives to be pro hockey players. I don't blame any of them for taking the money.

Comment

I believe Scrivens graduated with a four-year degree, and I know he did not have an athletic scholarship.
                              If you'll notice from my post on your thread, my objections to your proposal (which, by the way, you never responded too) have nothing to do with statistics over graduation. I could care less what the percentage of Hockey players who graduate with degrees are. My post was simply noting that a collegiate player had signed a professional deal (which was the whole point of the thread).

If you want to make this into a argument about your thread, go back there and argue about it.

Comment

Leaving school while in good academic standing and making progress toward your degree in order to take a shot at a dream you've had since you were a very young kid is not "dropping out." It's a smart decision, and one that I would encourage my children to make if they ever have that chance.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X