Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Regional Syndication

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
    Alright I'm not usually one to complain about this stuff... I understand completely that ESPN get's more viewers from dog shows and drag racing (really, they do!)... but what is this radio show that's pushing back the NMU/St. Cloud game???

It's a RADIO SHOW... ON TV... and it's not Mike and Mike...
    If you're talking about ESPNU, its not pushing back the NMU vs SCSU game...If you're talking about MASN, that has nothing to do with ESPN
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      If you're talking about ESPNU, its not pushing back the NMU vs SCSU game...If you're talking about MASN, that has nothing to do with ESPN
      I'm talking about MASN... I'm saying I realize ESPN has a reason to put us on ESPNU and not cover a game, its simple business. What I'm saying is that I don't see how it beneficial for MASN to tape delay this game to show a radio show.
      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

I'm talking about MASN... I'm saying I realize ESPN has a reason to put us on ESPNU and not cover a game, its simple business. What I'm saying is that I don't see how it beneficial for MASN to tape delay this game to show a radio show.
        I don't really understand why its beneficial for MASN to broadcast any of these games...MASN is based in Washington D.C., Baltimore, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware. We should be thankful MASN is showing all of tomorrow's games live and tonight's game at all...I would assume they got a deal by asking to broadcast all 4 games instead of just one...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I don't really understand why its beneficial for MASN to broadcast any of these games...MASN is based in Washington D.C., Baltimore, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware. We should be thankful MASN is showing all of tomorrow's games live and tonight's game at all...I would assume they got a deal by asking to broadcast all 4 games instead of just one...
          True enough. According to someone else, though, MASN is actually available nationally on Dish Network and DirecTV... so they're probably hoping to pick up national viewers that way.

I think my point is.. if you were flipping through channels like the average viewer and saw MASN what would you be more likely to stop and watch... College hockey... or a televised radio show?

The answer to that question may actually depress me now that I think about it.
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

Comment

True enough. According to someone else, though, MASN is actually available nationally on Dish Network and DirecTV... so they're probably hoping to pick up national viewers that way.

I think my point is.. if you were flipping through channels like the average viewer and saw MASN what would you be more likely to stop and watch... College hockey... or a televised radio show?

The answer to that question may actually depress me now that I think about it.
            Yes I get MASN on DishNetwork in minnesota but they can't cater to us because I'm not going to buy a car from some baltimore car dealership, etc. The advertising is focused on the Mid-Atlantic area. I sent the MASN contact according to NCAA.com a email thanking him on behalf of college hockey fans all over the country for picking up these games and I think we should just be happy as hell that we can watch every game this weekend between ESPNU and MASN and the only one that is delayed at all is NMU vs SCSU and its only delayed 90 minutes unlike all of the ESPNU tape delays.

Comment

Yes I get MASN on DishNetwork in minnesota but they can't cater to us because I'm not going to buy a car from some baltimore car dealership, etc. The advertising is focused on the Mid-Atlantic area. I sent the MASN contact according to NCAA.com a email thanking him on behalf of college hockey fans all over the country for picking up these games and I think we should just be happy as hell that we can watch every game this weekend between ESPNU and MASN and the only one that is delayed at all is NMU vs SCSU and its only delayed 90 minutes unlike all of the ESPNU tape delays.
              Thanks for the info, I would have though that if they broadcast nationally they may offer some sort of adjusted local advertising.

Any chance of getting that MASN contact's address? I'd like to send a thank you email as well!
              Let's go Terriers!

Comment

Thanks for the info, I would have though that if they broadcast nationally they may offer some sort of adjusted local advertising.

Any chance of getting that MASN contact's address? I'd like to send a thank you email as well!
                Mark Hadfield
                MHadfield /at/ masnsports /dot/ com

Be nice everyone!

Comment

Mark Hadfield
                  MHadfield /at/ masnsports /dot/ com

Be nice everyone!
                  I also left comments here: http://masnsports.com/masn-contact-center.html

When DIRECTV broadcasts the regional sports networks to Sports Pack subscribers, viewers get all the local commercials too.

Comment

Oh look...The Miami/Michigan game is in OT and is spilling over into the Lacrosse window!!

Anybody want to wander over to the College Lacrosse forum and see how they feel about us?
                    Slaw. Counter-Slaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect8RowESeat15 View Post
                      Oh look...The Miami/Michigan game is in OT and is spilling over into the Lacrosse window!!

Anybody want to wander over to the College Lacrosse forum and see how they feel about us?
                      LOL!

Comment

Just got some of the ratings for the regionals:

Best-rated regional: Miami-Michigan .158 (181,700 households)
                        Lowest-rated regional: Michigan-Bemidji .005 (5,750 households)
                        Average rating: .05 (57,500 households)

For comparison, "Poker After Dark" averages about a .6 - at 2:05 in the morning. I know how much people here love poker

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Just got some of the ratings for the regionals:

Best-rated regional: Miami-Michigan .158 (181,700 households)
                          Lowest-rated regional: Michigan-Bemidji .005 (5,750 households)
                          Average rating: .05 (57,500 households)

For comparison, "Poker After Dark" averages about a .6 - at 2:05 in the morning. I know how much people here love poker
                          Ouch! lol...but I wonder how many of those people with poker on at 2:05 are just throwing ESPN on when they get home? And obviously the Miami-Michigan ratings are highest because it was the only game on and everybody was home on Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                            Ouch! lol...but I wonder how many of those people with poker on at 2:05 are just throwing ESPN on when they get home? And obviously the Miami-Michigan ratings are highest because it was the only game on and everybody was home on Sunday night.
                            POKER AFTER DARK airs on NBC, not ESPN...I know because it's often on when I go to bed. If you ever wondered what happened to Gabe Kaplan from WELCOME BACK KOTTER, tune in sometime, lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X