Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional Syndication

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Just saw that the games are on tape delay if they aren't on live. Guess that rules out syndication.

Friday, March 26
    11:30: 2-St. Cloud State (23-13-5) vs. 3-Northern Michigan (20-12-8) at St. Paul, Minn., ESPNU (tape delay)

Saturday, March 27
    11:30: 2-Bemidji State (23-9-4) vs. 3-Michigan (25-17-1) at Fort Wayne, Ind., ESPNU (tape delay)

Sunday, March 28
    9:30 a.m.: 1-Boston College (25-10-3) vs. 4-Alaska Fairbanks (18-11-9) at Worcester, ESPNU (tape delay from Saturday)
    Noon: 2-North Dakota (25-12-5) vs. 3-Yale (20-9-3) at Worcester, ESPNU (tape delay from Saturday)
    Games are shown live on ESPN360.com even with Tape Delay....so there is your syndication possibility.

NCAA.com has TV for all those games listed as Synd./ESPN360
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Even though I'm hated around here and I like to just cause problems, I'll help everyone out just because deep down we all just want to watch good hockey and thats what this tournament will be. Book mark these:

http://www.justin.tv
      http://www.ustream.tv
      http://www.livestream.com

These are the best work around for when ESPN screws all of us (and not just on hockey).

Comment

ESPN360 is only available to certain people. I can't get it. As a Comcast Internet subscriber, I probably never will.
        Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
        I think ESPN360 is fantastic. The thing is, it's totally up to your internet provider if you have access to it. Which leaves large groups of people out in the cold. (I think in one thread it was said that virtually no one in Alaska has access to it.)
        Holy ****! You're right. Last time I bothered to look we couldn't get on. Cool!

But if your ISP isn't on their list, you can't access it.
        I dont have access to it for my apt isp but my parents isp does so all I had to do is sign in under their isp and its worked ever since for me with all isp's under that username
        Originally posted by Mankato student
        Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
        "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
        -- Peter Klein

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the national title game on ESPN get over 1 million viewers on a Saturday Night? That seems very good for cable. Especially considering the event was not really promoted by ESPN. It seems short sighted of ESPN to delegate some of the games to tape delays considering that they could garnish some decent ratings.

Comment

I have Qwest and can't get on
            - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
            Go you Green and White
            Go Bemidji Beavers
            Fight with all your might!
            Rah! Rah! Rah!
            We are here to cheer you
            We are out to win your fame,
            So, Go Bemidji Beavers
            Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Same thread every year about how awful ESPN is and how they're screwing you out of seeing College Hockey...It's so predictable and tiresome...Get out of the bubble you live in and be realistic about the situation...It's about business. If it was good business for ESPN to air all the games live and have it take over ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU, they would, but it's not. If you want me to go back to last year's thread and pull the ratings, I will. That should pretty much settle the argument.

The regionals are exactly where they should be, ESPNU (which by the way, is in over 70 million homes now) That said, coverage has taken a step back from where it was last year...The regionals got some play on ESPN and ESPN2 last year, of which, it appears there is none this year.

For a network that has ZERO NHL coverage, I think this is a pretty good deal for College Hockey fans...If ESPN didn't do the games, who else would distribute them on a National Level? Everyone is always so quick to condemn, but not come up with a single viable alternative to the current system...
              Slaw. Counter-Slaw.

Comment

I thought the championship game got around a .6 cable rating....I don't remember what that translates into viewers anymore though.

No idea what the regional games ratings were, that would be interesting. It'd also be interesting to know what the conference tournament ratings were.

I'd think ESPN would want to sell the rights for the games to those that would want them(FS North, FS Detroit, NESN, Altitude, and so forth) so they wouldn't have to bother putting them on their own channel and could air something else.

All games are in HD this year correct? It'd be interesting to find out how much ESPN loses on the productions.

Comment

And someone always brings up FOX. FOX Sports Net is no longer on in New England so unless someone can convince Comcast to pick it up its a non-starter to me...
                  MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
                    I have Qwest and can't get on
                    find somebody that can and sign into the 360 page under their internet provider then you should be ok.
                    Originally posted by Mankato student
                    Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                    "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                    -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by nudgy_olsen View Post
                      Even though I'm hated around here and I like to just cause problems, I'll help everyone out just because deep down we all just want to watch good hockey and thats what this tournament will be. Book mark these:

http://www.justin.tv
                      http://www.ustream.tv
                      http://www.livestream.com

These are the best work around for when ESPN screws all of us (and not just on hockey).
                      This is the first (and probably last) quality post nudgy has made.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Went Back to find a few of last year's posts and ratings samples from the Friday and Saturday on ESPN2...

The Championship Game rating changed slightly because the first the .634 is the overnight...The .67 is the Final official number.

Also notice the number of homes ESPNU reaches is almost 3x higher than it was last year at this time, mostly because of the Comcast deal...

Originally posted by Sect8RowESeat15
                        Looked into it...Highest rated Championship Game since 2002. Came in at a .67, but peaked at a .88 (Little over 1 million households) at 9:45pm.

Championship Game Rating - .634
                        NASCAR Nationwide Race before it at 4pm - 1.22
                        11pm Sportscenter after the game - .697
                        Hey Guys--

I know you wanted the Saturday ESPN2 ratings...Here they are.

11am - College Basketball Scoreboard Show - .243
                        Noon - Lacrosse - Maryland/Virginia .230
                        3:21pm - UNH/No Dak (Joined in Progress) - .247
                        5:06pm - SportscenterU - . 200
                        5:55pm - Ohio State/BU - .163
                        8:27pm - NHRA Qualifying - .261
                        9pm - US/El Salvador Soccer - .416
                        11:30 - NCAA women's B-ball - Ohio State/Stanford - .411

FYI, ratings aren't done for ESPNU since it's only in 26 million homes or so.

Lowest rating of the day from noon to midnight was BU/Ohio St...Not surprising considering it was a blowout...Tough to hold an audience at that point.

Before I say anything, just so you know, I'm on your side...Do I think it's absurd ESPN would rather show D-II women's basketball, tractor pulls and World's Strongest Man competitions from 8 years ago rather than the NCAA Hockey Regionals...Absolutely. But it's easy to understand why their position is what it is...The ratings are in for ESPN2 from Friday...

OTL 4PM .133
                        Baseball Tonight 4:30pm .084
                        NASCAR NOW 5pm .104
                        Denver/Miami (OH) 5:30pm .091
                        Minn St/Franklin Pearce Women's Hoops 8:10pm .154
                        Friday Night Fights 10pm .514

Also, for comparison, the 4am edition of the 2008 World Series of Poker from the very same day did a .186 (Twice the audience of Denver/Miami)

For all those saying the wishing someone else (Like CBS-CSTV) would show the regionals...They have ONE outlet for showing games...What happens when on the middle Saturday when 6 games are going on and games are overlapping everywhere and you can't see ANYTHING. You'll be wishing a 7OT lacrosse game was what you were dealing with. When the lacrosse game wiped out the 1st period of UNH/No Dak I saw some arguments saying "Just start the game on ESPNNEWS or something" If the games aren't on ESPN, then what? What other networks out there would be willing to show 12 college hockey games in 3 days and have the resources and budget to do so. The simple answer is zero.
                        Slaw. Counter-Slaw.

Comment

Guess whats on ESPNU Saturday afternoon before the hockey games! LACROSSE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigM3810 View Post
                            Guess whats on ESPNU Saturday afternoon before the hockey games! LACROSSE!!!!!!
                            Well. We're officially screwed.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

AFAIK these games WILL be regionally syndicated -- they're not going to be relegated strictly to ESPN360 and tape delay on ESPNU. You're not going to know the full list of affiliates maybe for a few days but the NCAA used to list them as they were known on their website.

This is how it used to be for many years -- ESPN changed it last year because ESPN2 picked up the "conflicting" regional time slot games. That's not the case this year, there's nothing on ESPN2, hence they're making these games available on a regional basis again.

Now, which outlets pick up the games -- who knows. The last time this happened, ESPN seemed to go out of their way to avoid allowing regional Fox networks to broadcast them -- MSG had some, Cox, Altitude, etc. We'll just have to see.

Comment

In case anyone is wondering:

Frozen Four telecasts will feature Gary Thorne (play-by-play), Barry Melrose (analyst), Clay Matvick (ice-level reporter) calling all the action from Detroit. At regional semifinals and finals, commentators include play-by-play announcer John Buccigross and analyst Barry Melrose (NHL) at the East Regional in Albany, N.Y.; Matvick and Jim Paradise (Colorado College) at the West Regional in Saint Paul, Minn.; Dan Parkhurst and Damian DiGiulian (Hamilton College) at the Northeast Regional in Worcester, Mass.; and Ben Holden and Ritchlin (Michigan) at the Midwest Regional in Fort Wayne, Ind. Also during coverage of the regional rounds, the ESPNU studio will be anchored by Lowell Galindo and Bob Norton (Rutgers).
                                Enjoy Fighting Sioux Hockey Videos on My Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X