Regional Syndication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional Syndication

I like the duo at the Mid-west, they worked together for years before Holden left for Cleveland to call pro games. They don't walk all over each other like some. They don't play favorites even though Sean won two Nat. Championships at Mich.
    He is as cool as a bomb disposal technician!

Comment

Originally posted by Sect8RowESeat15 View Post
      Went Back to find a few of last year's posts and ratings samples from the Friday and Saturday on ESPN2...

The Championship Game rating changed slightly because the first the .634 is the overnight...The .67 is the Final official number.

Also notice the number of homes ESPNU reaches is almost 3x higher than it was last year at this time, mostly because of the Comcast deal...
      Odd that the overnight was lower than the final rating. The reverse is usually true with the Nielson ratings. In numbers for this season that rating would translate into about 770,000 homes, probably slightly lower last season since households with TVs increase yearly.

The fact is this is a tiny, tiny number. The XFL was laughed off TV and cancelled (deservedly so for a number of reasons) even though it received average ratings that were higher than last year's NCAA hockey finale on its TV telecasts on TNN and the defunct UPN network. It's finale received a 2.8 rating, which in 2001 equaled 2.9 MILLION homes and now would be well over 3 million. Yeah, I know there's no accounting for taste.

Comment

Is there a difference between ESPNU and ESPNU HD or will they both broadcast if HD is listed? Last week there were different games showing on NESN and NESN HD in Boston; one carrying the BC Basketball game and the other carrying a Red Sox game.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
          Is there a difference between ESPNU and ESPNU HD or will they both broadcast if HD is listed? Last week there were different games showing on NESN and NESN HD in Boston; one carrying the BC Basketball game and the other carrying a Red Sox game.
          NESN usually adds an "alternate feed" at this time of year when they have conflicts, so because had two things to show there, they sent the Sox game to the SD channel and the BC game to the HD one, just to split up the programming.

There's no difference in terms of programming when it says ESPNU/ESPNU HD except how the game is being shown. If it's straight "ESPNU" I'm guessing that means the game is being produced only in standard-definition, while ESPNU-HD naturally means it's a high-def produced broadcast. Same programming no matter what the format is on the channel though.

Comment

Now NCAA.com lists the games sole TV provider as ESPN360.com, when Sunday they said ESPN360.com/Regional Synd.

That is not a good thing.
            BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
            National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
            Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
              Now NCAA.com lists the games sole TV provider as ESPN360.com, when Sunday they said ESPN360.com/Regional Synd.

That is not a good thing.
              Color me not shocked.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

If they truly end up putting these games strictly on ESPN360.com, which a lot of people don't have access to -- shame on them. The only reason I can think that will happen is that ESPN is holding the rights for ransom and a lot of local stations won't be interested in paying them.

The actual NCAA broadcast page still lists them as ESPN Syndication/ESPN360, but if no station in Alaska is picking up their game against BC, you have to wonder what that means for everyone else.

Comment

In 2007 they had every game on tv where I live. Most of the games were on the comcast network channel 3

Comment

I emailed the NCAAs and there WILL be some local outlets picking up the games. Here's the email I received back --

"We should have the confirmed ESPN Syndication information for what outlets are carrying the Regional rounds of the 2010 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Championship later today. Once those clearances have been confirmed, they will be posted on the following web site:

www.NCAA.com/broadcast

Please check in to this site towards the end of today and the information should hopefully be posted by then. If not, it should be posted by tomorrow morning."

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                      I emailed the NCAAs and there WILL be some local outlets picking up the games. Here's the email I received back --

"We should have the confirmed ESPN Syndication information for what outlets are carrying the Regional rounds of the 2010 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Championship later today. Once those clearances have been confirmed, they will be posted on the following web site:

www.NCAA.com/broadcast

Please check in to this site towards the end of today and the information should hopefully be posted by then. If not, it should be posted by tomorrow morning."
                      Thanx for the info!! Looks like Worcester and Fort Wayne will NOT be in HD, whereas the other 2 regions will be.
                      Enjoy Fighting Sioux Hockey Videos on My Youtube

Comment

According to that link, the Worcester semis will be on tape delay, shown 9:30 Sunday morning. At the time of the 1st game (1:30pm) they are showing a RS college lax game :grr:
                        Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                          According to that link, the Worcester semis will be on tape delay, shown 9:30 Sunday morning. At the time of the 1st game (1:30pm) they are showing a RS college lax game :grr:
                          They will be live somewhere -- they'll list the outlets, as they said, later today or tomorrow AM.

In New England I dunno what will happen Saturday, NESN has a Bruins game at 1:00, Comcast NE on the other hand has nothing major that couldn't be bumped on Saturday at least.

Comment

I don't understand RS Lax > Playoff College Hockey...
                            college hockey draws more attendance at games than college hockey, why the crap don't we draw a higher television audience? Go College Hockey Inc, go!

That being said...

This just in: College Hockey not nationally popular
                            This also just in: Hockey not nationally popular...
                            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                              They will be live somewhere -- they'll list the outlets, as they said, later today or tomorrow AM.

In New England I dunno what will happen Saturday, NESN has a Bruins game at 1:00, Comcast NE on the other hand has nothing major that couldn't be bumped on Saturday at least.
                              CSNNE has the Sony Open. It's on many of the Comcast nets around the country. Considering the advertising/cross-promotion I doubt they're going to bump it. It'll be up to local stations to get it...and if a local team isn't in the tournament, stations aren't likely to buy it. I doubt a station in Maine wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                CSNNE has the Sony Open. It's on many of the Comcast nets around the country. Considering the advertising/cross-promotion I doubt they're going to bump it. It'
                                The 1st weekend -- not the finals, but the first round -- of a March tennis tournament really has that much advertising/cross promotion/viewer interest going for it? Hey whatever you say, I doubt they'll pick it up as it's usually NESN that has an interest in this kind of thing anyway...but I'd be surprised if it was that big of a deal to pre-empt a tennis tournament that likely would draw fewer viewers than NCAA hockey around here.

EDIT -- Fox, not Comcast, is actually producing the Sony tennis TV coverage. Comcast nets aren't obligated to pick it up and show it live unless they have/want to. There's no reason Comcast NE couldn't pre-empt or show the tennis on tape delay...most of the time Comcast NE doesn't even televise the Fox regional hoops and football games anymore unless they fit a time slot where nothing else is going on. Tennis would be even a lower priority than that.
                                Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 03-23-2010, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X