Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey 2010 Off Season Thread. Albany to A.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union Hockey 2010 Off Season Thread. Albany to A.C.

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
    According to College Hockey News OSU is down to 3 candidates, none of which are Leaman who apparently was never in the running.
    FWIW I am not surprised about OSU. My guess, is that Nate Leaman may have been in play for or even offered the Bowling Green job which was filled last week. Glad that for the time being at least he's sticking with U(s).

Comment

New recruit on Heisenberg today, Cole Ikkala, Vernon, BCHL. 6'2" 200 lbs, left wing, July, 1990 dob. ADK please do your thing.

Comment

According to the WCHA schedule thread, Union will be in both UAF's and Minnesota's tournaments this year. Union will play UAF and UAA in Alaska in early October while Bemidji, Minnesota, and Ferris will be the lineup for the Minnesota holiday tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          FWIW I am not surprised about OSU. My guess, is that Nate Leaman may have been in play for or even offered the Bowling Green job which was filled last week. Glad that for the time being at least he's sticking with U(s).
          I'd be shocked if Nate remotely considered the BGSU position, as they nearly dropped the sport last season and it's a monumental rebuilding job at best.. would think Nate would want something that's not raising the dead as he has already done that. IMO also more likely he would stay east as that is where his cred and connections are more entrenched.

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          New recruit on Heisenberg today, Cole Ikkala, Vernon, BCHL. 6'2" 200 lbs, left wing, July, 1990 dob. ADK please do your thing.
          Dan Greene's blog does excellent job on this.. http://unionhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Would add that Cole is from Philadelphia, which should make at least one local media person happy . Looks like a Chris Potts type of player, which I think is a great add.

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
          According to the WCHA schedule thread, Union will be in both UAF's and Minnesota's tournaments this year. Union will play UAF and UAA in Alaska in early October while Bemidji, Minnesota, and Ferris will be the lineup for the Minnesota holiday tournament.
          Pretty sure that RIT will be visiting Messa too. And looks like St. Cloud is not doing a reciprocal and coming to Schenectady.. maybe they noticed what Union did to Maine this past year . As a BTW, I believe the 2 Alaska games don't count against the limit of non-conf games, so U could schedule 36 regular season games (14 non-conf) if they so wish.
          UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Kind of quiet here so time for a shameless plug. Garnet Blades Union Hockey tournament Friday May 28th (Memorial Day and ReUnion Weekend) at the tony Mohawk Club As I am entering my foursome everyone else is virtually guaranteed to finish no worse than next to last. Support the Blades and Union hockey. Many cool auction and raffle items including NHL autographed jerseys, Yankees v.Red Sox tickets and more. Info on the Union Athletics website.

Comment

Well, at least a future Dutchman won a national championship this season.. Cole Ikkala and the Vernon Vipers won the RBC Cup over the weekend, which is the Canadian Jr. A championships. They beat Dauphin in the championship game 8-1 and Cole chipped in a goal. He finished the tournament with 4 points in 6 games, good for 4th on the team.

Mike Ingoldsby of Oakville also played in the RBC and had 4 points in 4 games, despite Oakville losing all their games. I saw a highlight video of one of Oakville's OJAHL playoff games and Ingoldsby looks like a nice skating d-man with good stick skills and a decent shot. Reminds a bit of Brock Matheson.

Comment

Union Athletics just released the schedule! http://www.unionathletics.com/news/2...518102700.aspx

Looks great

Comment

I'm very disappointed in the schedule.. 7 games against Atlantic????? No Hockey East opponents???? This schedule will not help U in any TUC rankings.
                  Last edited by ADK11; 05-19-2010, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I believe your site has the home/home backwards... Friday will be in Troy, whereas Saturday will be in Schenectady. At least this is according to our schedule listing.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      I believe your site has the home/home backwards... Friday will be in Troy, whereas Saturday will be in Schenectady. At least this is according to our schedule listing.
                      Wouldn't you also think that a school that calls itself the Dutchmen would know how to spell Rensselaer? (Rennselaer in the article)
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Wouldn't you also think that a school that calls itself the Dutchmen would know how to spell Rensselaer? (Rennselaer in the article)
                        Although I live in North Greenbush, my mailing address has been Rensselaer so over 30 years and it still makes my head hurt to spell. It's like taking off a band aid, you've gotta do it quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Unless RPI has Black Friday on Saturday.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Two Union recruits were selected in the USHL draft today. Tyson Fulton was selected in the 2nd round by Waterloo and Max Novak in the 9th round by Sioux City.

Heisenberg has Fulton on his 2011 list, so my guess is will not see him in Schenectady next season, and as a 2nd rounder he should have a good chance of sticking in Waterloo.

Novak is still on the 2010 list, but I know there was speculation that he wouldn't come till 2011 and would think another year of preps/juniors would do him good. As a 9th rounder though, he could have a tough time making it in the USHL.

Comment

It is disappointing that they have no HE opponents, but there is some quality there. You may have noticed RIT still playing in April this season.. Minnesota's usually very good, Alaska was good. But AIC and UConn, no not really likely to be TUCs at any point.

One thing I don't understand here is how do we know that Union will be playing Alaska-Anchorage on the second night in Fairbanks and Bemidji on the second day out in Minneapolis? Aren't those traditional tournaments with consolation and championship games on the second day?

Comment

Originally posted by achillesrink-3-7-5 View Post
                                It is disappointing that they have no HE opponents, but there is some quality there. You may have noticed RIT still playing in April this season.. Minnesota's usually very good, Alaska was good. But AIC and UConn, no not really likely to be TUCs at any point.

One thing I don't understand here is how do we know that Union will be playing Alaska-Anchorage on the second night in Fairbanks and Bemidji on the second day out in Minneapolis? Aren't those traditional tournaments with consolation and championship games on the second day?
                                I'm not sure about the Minnesota tourney but in Alaska the games are purposely structured so the visitors play both Alaska teams, that way they ensure both games are exempt from the total allowance of games in the season. If a traditional tournament had the two visitors playing for the championship or consolation, that game would not be exempt from the total even though the teams flew to Alaska to play it.
                                APBWiki

Comment

Working...
                                X