X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HuskySieve
    replied
    Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Is it accurate to say NMU has good size? I counted 13 guys on their team roster over 6' and six guys 6'3"+. St. Cloud is on the small side, we really only have two big guys in Marvin and Lauridsen.

Leave a comment:

• Billy Blanks
    replied

This is probably one of the best matchup's of the entire tournament. Both teams are perennial disappointments!

I'm beyond thrilled that NMU is back in the limelight after an 11 year hiatus. I'm not expecting much from then, but beating SCSU sure would be sweet!

NMU has a strong alumni base in the Twin Cities, so there should be a few thousand fans decked out in the green and gold.

Both teams have some serious playmakers and decent goaltending. Should be a great game!

Also, ESPN 360 sucks. I wish it was on the U.

Leave a comment:

• HuskySieve
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Not original but still relevant and funny.
    Whats funny is Duluth not being in the tournament at all

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by HuskySieve View Post
    Wow, I've never heard that one before, how original.
    Not original but still relevant and funny.

Leave a comment:

• SCSUman66
    replied

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
    Not exactly what Motzko said to Allenspach....

"Motzko said Roe, who suffered a neck injury during Friday's 2-0 semifinal win over Wisconsin, could not have played -- even though the team said a decision on his status wasn't going to be made until shortly before gametime."
    Hmmmm wasn't privy to that info. But here's hoping he makes a good recovery this week and can play on Friday. Would be a shame to see him sidelined after such a good season.

Leave a comment:

• HuskySieve
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    congrats to Northern for their ncaa 1st round victory!
    Wow, I've never heard that one before, how original.

Leave a comment:

• BigPieps
    replied

I'm going to be there.

And we will win.

Leave a comment:

• wchaforever
    replied

Originally posted by SCSUman66 View Post
    Meh, that just means i'd have to drink more on my bday, which is usually how it's spent. But at least I won't be buying!

Hopefully Roe recovers quickly and fully from his injury vs. Wisconsin, we'll need him back to make a strong push. Sounds like he's pretty much OK from what I heard, but the coaches kept him out of the WCHA title game to be on the safe side. We'll need him and his 47pts!
    Not exactly what Motzko said to Allenspach....

"Motzko said Roe, who suffered a neck injury during Friday's 2-0 semifinal win over Wisconsin, could not have played -- even though the team said a decision on his status wasn't going to be made until shortly before gametime."

Leave a comment:

• SCSUman66
    replied

Meh, that just means i'd have to drink more on my bday, which is usually how it's spent. But at least I won't be buying!

Hopefully Roe recovers quickly and fully from his injury vs. Wisconsin, we'll need him back to make a strong push. Sounds like he's pretty much OK from what I heard, but the coaches kept him out of the WCHA title game to be on the safe side. We'll need him and his 47pts!

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

Originally posted by SCSUman66 View Post
    if they do, i'd get to watch them in the regional final on my birthday That'd be an amazing birthday present
    I hope you're used to being disappointed on your birthday.

Leave a comment:

• SCSUman66
    replied

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
    The more threads the merrier.

I also have a feeling we might see some new NMU posters coming out of the woodwork as the week goes on.

I'm just hoping I get time off so I can see this game in-person.
    I bought my ticket package to all 3 games back in December, and lucked out that my team gets placed in this regional Pricing kinda sucks though for the more casual fan, I bought the 3-game package for $90 (plus tax/INconvenience fees), but a single game ticket is $50+?! Brutal to have the cost of 2 single game tickets be more than the 3-game package. the Midwest regional has single game prices of 35-45 and a 3-game of 85.

I haven't checked up on NMU very much, so i guess that'll be a task for the next few days. Hopefully SCSU can get the NCAA monkey off their backs and advance, if they do, i'd get to watch them in the regional final on my birthday That'd be an amazing birthday present

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Mildly optimistic the huskies can just pound away while scoring on the flaming cooters.

Note to the SCSU training staff: keep the antibiotics on hand for this game.

Leave a comment:

• wchaforever
    replied

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
    Can't say that I know much about St. Cloud but I'm smart enough not to chalk this one up for NMU quite yet. Making plans to attend and hope NMU represents much the same they did in Detroit this past weekend.
    By taking second? There is no "good job" for second this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• MOJO
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Can't say that I know much about St. Cloud but I'm smart enough not to chalk this one up for NMU quite yet. Making plans to attend and hope NMU represents much the same they did in Detroit this past weekend.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X