X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    That's awesome news!

It's a shame I'm slightly outside of ABC10's broadcast signal. So I'll be ESPN360'ing it, or at the very least listening to the Daves via the internet.
    Uhm, why aren't you making the trip down??? If I was able to make it up to Marquette for the season opener in 2005 I'm pretty sure you can make it to St. Paul for NMU's first NCAA game since 1999! Plus, I was hoping we could find a karaoke bar and do some more singing with dave. (damm that was a long drive home the next day)

edit: stupid censors are out of control...
    Last edited by waterlover; 03-23-2010, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      I looked and couldn't find!
      I just looked through all mine.... some bastard must've taken it down.

On behalf of St. Cloud State University.... I concede
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        First off, bando, are you gonna join us tailgating? It would be nice to meet one of the 3 college hockey/Wicked fans out there.
        Well, nmu_27 and I will be there so I'm sure we can make a point to stop by and say hello if you let me know the where and when
        sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
        streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
        TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          I just looked through all mine.... some bastard must've taken it down.

On behalf of St. Cloud State University.... I concede
          Haha! Matt McKnight is laughing somewhere.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Waterlover: the fiancée and I cannot get the weekend off to make the drive up from Chicago. Stupid graduation and having to be part of the real world. Even my boss couldn't switch his personal plans either to watch his Badgers.

If I was still in Marquette, I certanly would have made the trip over.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Waterlover: the fiancée and I cannot get the weekend off to make the drive up from Chicago. Stupid graduation and having to be part of the real world. Even my boss couldn't switch his personal plans either to watch his Badgers.

If I was still in Marquette, I certanly would have made the trip over.
              The real world sucks....my boss has been giving me the crazy eye since I took last Friday off for the Final Five and then suddenly had to take this Friday off for the regional. I haven't the heart to remind him that I also have Thursday/Friday off for the Frozen Four.

Is it the same woman from Marquette in '05?

Comment

For all those heading to St. Paul, watch out for the Mississippi River, as it is in major flood stage until Sunday. Not sure what St. Paul has near the river but be aware if your travels take you there.
                Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                2006-2007: 15-24-2
                2007-2008: 20-20-4
                2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  I'm eating Cheetos.
                  Naked in a beanbag chair?

Apparently I'm not the only cat on the block digs Cheetos.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                    For all those heading to St. Paul, watch out for the Mississippi River, as it is in major flood stage until Sunday. Not sure what St. Paul has near the river but be aware if your travels take you there.
                    It just means you can't take Sheppard or Warner Road into downtown. I'm guessing it won't effect 95% of the people coming to the regional. The roads were closed Sunday prior to the Wild game and there were no problems. Same for the Black Eyed Peas concert Monday night, both of those events had bigger crowds than the regional is expected to have.

Comment

Originally posted by waterlover View Post
                      The roads were closed Sunday prior to the Wild game and there were no problems. Same for the Black Eyed Peas concert Monday night, both of those events had bigger crowds than the regional is expected to have.
                      Le sigh... we fail as a population...
                      Originally posted by Mankato student
                      Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                      "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                      -- Peter Klein

Comment

Going out tomorrow to buy a new battery for my camera. Either I'll get some pictures of a historic occasion...or I can just hang myself with the strap.
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Naked in a beanbag chair?
                          Negative, I was simply eating them. Right now, however, I am not.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
                            What channel is that in the Louisville area?
                            I can't even get the espn360.
                            It's just the local ABC affiliate in Marquette (ch. 10) and Calumet (ch. 5).

Comment

A momentary break to mention actual thoughts on the game itself. SCSU key is what d-corp shows up. The new look Oliver, the solid Hepp, the young but decent Johnson, the confident Zabby, and the I am not gonna hurt ya Gaudet. I asume Raboin to be his best as he usually is. Or do we get the puck is a gernade, I must wrap it off the high glass in a mili-second or blow up Oliver, the I need to take a number of uneeded penalties Hepp, the several cross ice soft passes in my own zone Johnson, the overthinking Zabby, and the wait, I never played before this year and it shows Gaudet. Forwards will get opportunities as long as they know they can't always carry the puck in and will need to indirect dump and chase occasionally. I have a good feeling that we get the good d-corp and praise be, finally break through in a NCAA game. Good luck Huskies. Also, as a former transplanted Yooper from Ironwood and White Pine, I am hoping to see anyone willing to bring a bag of pasties with them. No one here knows what the h**l I am talking about when I mention pasties. I will pay a handsome amount for a good UP pasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                                Going out tomorrow to buy a new battery for my camera. Either I'll get some pictures of a historic occasion...or I can just hang myself with the strap.
                                That's funny stuff right there.
                                "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Working...
                                X