X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Originally posted by nmupepbanddrummer View Post
    update on the band from Northern:

We WILL be there, 25 strong! Does anyone know if SCSU has a pep band and if they plan on bringing it? I love hearing bands from other schools.

I'll be directing the band from Northern as Dr. Grugin's mother is doing very poorly. See you all Friday!
    Yep, we (SCSU Husky Sports Band) are coming to the game on Friday. We're only bringing 25 people as well (NCAA rules). I'll be one of maybe..three drummers playing?

Originally posted by nuke View Post
    I think our band was at the Final 5. I say I think because I didn't actually ask them. UW's was in one corner and another unidentified red band was in another corner. They hit the drum every now and then. Didn't seem very impressive to me. Our band NEVER plays at home games......don't ask me why. Someone else care to shed some light?
    The people running the arena prefer piped in music to a band. Also, there's a history of hostility towards the band at games, that's why we stopped coming. Once the NHC gets renovated, I hear we might be making a return.

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    And pep bands are so high school.

Comment

And pep bands are so high school.
      So are the girls you chase.
      sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
      streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
      TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post

Glad to hear Roe will play. He's an exciting player to watch.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Here is gonna be a the key to NMU winning: Tape to Tape passing...

They lacked this against Michigan, and IMO, it's what cost them the game... They couldn't move the puck into the offensive zone at all... Passes were constantly behind players and at their feet... This killed Olver especially, as he was constantly slowed down by this...

Hesitation like this will allow SCSU to swarm and clog the remaining passing lanes... NMU will struggle to get the puck deep exactly like they did against U of M...

Now if they can get back to hitting people in stride, well, we saw what they did in the 2nd against Ferris
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            If you're going, I think we're talking about tailgating if you're interested.
            I think that sounds like a heck of an idea. Send me a note on Facebook on the specifics.

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            I had heard they spelled out f.uck you instead of Huskies so they discontinued the band. They brought them back after a while but students still did that.
            Yes, we did spell out F-U-C-K Y-O-U instead of H-U-S-K-I-E-S and they stopped playing it. Then they tried again 4 years later, but some of us were still there.

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
            I guess that mean you're out, eh honey?

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Here is gonna be a the key to NMU winning: Tape to Tape passing...
            I think they keys for NMU are the following:

1. Be physical
            2. Stay out of the box
            3. Take a ton of shots

If not, they are in for a world of hurt.
            Last edited by Dude Love; 03-23-2010, 01:52 AM.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by NMUCatChat View Post
              How is the band getting there and what are they doing for hotel out of curiosity?

We tried to work something out with the athletic dept. for travel+hotel but they weren't able to do it so we are on our own for travel/hotel.
              I'm assuming a bus? I won't know any of those things until tomorrow evening. Where we are staying, how we're getting their etc.

After 8 to almost 9 pages of thread, I get the idea that this game could be a total thriller...I cannot WAIT to be there...should be a blast.
              At the Berry? Hear the Pep Band? I'm probably the drummer! That means 9 times out of 10 I am leading you through sieve.

Comment

Originally posted by gofishingtom View Post
                i still think that either charter in st. cloud or Fsn will pick up the broadcast of this game on friday at least im hoping that they will..its a joke that 4 games arent being televised and one happens to be the huskies vs n michigan
                I doubt FSN will pick it up. The Wild have a game that night against Detroit at 6:30 pm with pregame show starting at 6.
                This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

If you have charter as an internet provider, you can watch espn 360
                  A Viking, no A Husky fan... nothing like being a professional student

I will always be proud to be a husky fan!

Comment

Keys to the game...

St. Cloud:
                    - Get an early lead
                    - Stay out of the box

Northern Michigan:
                    - Take away space
                    - Put pucks on net

Even as a homer this is too close to call. This should be the best 2/3 matchup. Wouldn't mind an overtime win to see if my heart can handle a deep run.

Also, I'd give the nod to Dunn. Lee showed promise, but I still trust Dan more.

Edit: Just noticed my keys for NMU are the same as DL's... I didn't even read his post. :|
                    Last edited by Junk; 03-23-2010, 03:24 AM.
                    St. Cloud State University: 0-9 in ... 2010?

Comment

NMU is 8-0-4 when outshooting the opponent, while St. Cloud is 9-1-2.

Some other stats that jump out at me:

St. Cloud is 6-6-2 when trailing after two periods.
                      St. Cloud is 13-9-3 when the opponent scores first.
                      The 1st period is their best with a +16 goal differential.
                      St. Cloud is also 9-2 in 1-goal games.

Some eerily similar goals for/against and shot numbers.
                      Embrace the hate.

Comment

I guess that mean you're out, eh honey?
                        Aside from the fact that I'm married, yes, DL, I am too old for you.
                        sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                        streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                        TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                          No adult beverages can be served at NCAA tourney events. Remember Bowl games are not a NCAA event and either are conference tourney's.
                          Will I be able to dance with the opposite sex? And, if yes, do I have to allow room for Jesus between us?
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo Swoon is in season.
                          Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy If this turns out to be correct: Big Pieps > Kevin Allenspach

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                            That makes sense, I was wondering what kind of event could keep a Husky fan from making it to these games. Tailgating sounds like a decent idea, I'd probably be game for Friday afternoon. I'll run it by the other 3 I'm going with. PM me with the details if you decide on it. TB, this is a better option than sitting at home beforehand plus it's cheaper than the bars.
                            We'd be up for some tailgaiting on Friday (group of 5). If it's a go can someone throw out the specifics? lot, time, etc.
                            "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                              No adult beverages can be served at NCAA tourney events. Remember Bowl games are not a NCAA event and either are conference tourney's.
                              It is possible they could figure out a way to be able to serve at the Iron Range Grill. At the Frozen 4, people may remember, there wasn't any alcohol served in the arena, but the Green Turtle bar attached to the arena, similar to how the Iron Range Grill is attached to the X, was still serving. We would all pack into the Green Turtle at intermission and have a quick drink or 2, then quickly get back into the arena before the game started again.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

NMU Key(s) to the Game:
                                Score more goals than SCSU
                                Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                                1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                                2006-2007: 15-24-2
                                2007-2008: 20-20-4
                                2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X