NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Motzko just said on his coaches show that Roe is expected to play Friday.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      That's big. I caught parts of the show, guessing he didn't say who would be in goal. I did like the fact that he said after the ENG against Wisconsin he sat back and took it all in a little, he loved the Husky fan presence at the X. He even said that he hopes it's a sea of Red on Friday at the X and it's a real treat for our fans to have this opportunity.

Comment

that is great news.
        This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
        www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
          that is great news.
          I dont know much about his injury so maybe someone can fill me in? Is he going to be 100% this weekend? If not, how close/effective will he be? If he missed this game...how much would that hurt SCSU's chances?
          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
          2006-2007: 15-24-2
          2007-2008: 20-20-4
          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
            I dont know much about his injury so maybe someone can fill me in? Is he going to be 100% this weekend? If not, how close/effective will he be? If he missed this game...how much would that hurt SCSU's chances?
            On Friday against Wisconsin two Huskies lost their sticks. Roe gave his to one of the defenders (I believe) and the puck was still in the zone. Puck was being passed to the point and Roe skated hard to try and play the body, hit the ice and went head first into the boards. They took him off on a stretcher although he had asked not to be. Precautionary more than anything. Believe it resulted in a concussion. As long as he is cleared to play physically he should be a 100% and he's about as tough as they come. I don't see him missing this game. If he were to miss it, it would hurt St. Cloud's chances significantly. I think they could still find a way to win, but when he's playing to his potential he is our best player on the ice.

Comment

I think last weekend really killed everybody's pocket book. It was one hell of a good time though. I know I am going to be pre-gaming at my house before I head down to the game Friday afternoon and save onthe pocketbook a little.
              Yeah, we're doing the exact same thing. I'm hoping the weather will be decent so we can grill out some burgers, have a few beers and then head to the X.

Great news on Roe!
              "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                On Friday against Wisconsin two Huskies lost their sticks. Roe gave his to one of the defenders (I believe) and the puck was still in the zone. Puck was being passed to the point and Roe skated hard to try and play the body, hit the ice and went head first into the boards. They took him off on a stretcher although he had asked not to be. Precautionary more than anything. Believe it resulted in a concussion. As long as he is cleared to play physically he should be a 100% and he's about as tough as they come. I don't see him missing this game. If he were to miss it, it would hurt St. Cloud's chances significantly. I think they could still find a way to win, but when he's playing to his potential he is our best player on the ice.
                Thanks...most NMU fans didnt/dont know the situation with Roe and his impact on SCSU (including me). Looking forward to a great game.
                Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                2006-2007: 15-24-2
                2007-2008: 20-20-4
                2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

From the info I read in the StarTribune and on sctimes.com I don't htink Roe got a concussion. It didn't mention a concussion anywhere just neck stiffnesss and soreness.

If I'm present for the Huskies first NCAA win I'll probably have some stiffness too!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post

Great news on Roe!
                    Agreed. I don't like seeing players hurt, especially in that fashion/sort of injury.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

update on the band from Northern:

We WILL be there, 25 strong! Does anyone know if SCSU has a pep band and if they plan on bringing it? I love hearing bands from other schools.

I'll be directing the band from Northern as Dr. Grugin's mother is doing very poorly. See you all Friday!
                      At the Berry? Hear the Pep Band? I'm probably the drummer! That means 9 times out of 10 I am leading you through sieve.

Comment

That was a nasty looking hit. I'm really glad to hear he's ok.

Originally posted by nmupepbanddrummer View Post

We WILL be there, 25 strong! Does anyone know if SCSU has a pep band and if they plan on bringing it? I love hearing bands from other schools.

I'll be directing the band from Northern as Dr. Grugin's mother is doing very poorly. See you all Friday!
                        I met SCSU's band very briefly on Saturday (the TV where I could see the NMU/Michigan game was right above where they were sitting). I got the impression they don't play many games, but for a small group they had a decent sound, and they seemed like a good group.
                        Always a Wildcat...
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

I think our band was at the Final 5. I say I think because I didn't actually ask them. UW's was in one corner and another unidentified red band was in another corner. They hit the drum every now and then. Didn't seem very impressive to me. Our band NEVER plays at home games......don't ask me why. Someone else care to shed some light?

I'm not so concerned about our band not showing up. It's our hockey team I'm worried about.

Comment

You'll get a slew of Husky fans jumping all over the band saying they're horrible. While they're probably not that bad I wouldn't call them great either, but they never to get to play any home games for whatever reason. Have fun playing at the X but I hope you aren't playing any celebratory music at all during or after the game.

Comment

You'll get a slew of Husky fans jumping all over the band saying they're horrible. While they're probably not that bad I wouldn't call them great either, but they never to get to play any home games for whatever reason. Have fun playing at the X but I hope you aren't playing any celebratory music at all during or after the game.
                              Eh, our band tends to be a lively group. Not to the degree of the stripe wearing band of hooligans from Tech, but lively all the same.
                              Now we better stop talking about this stuff before MOJO comes back and gets all angry again.
                              Always a Wildcat...
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                                Eh, our band tends to be a lively group. Not to the degree of the stripe wearing band of hooligans from Tech, but lively all the same.
                                Lively is just fine, they should be. Celebratory because they scored a goal or won the game against SCSU.....they shouldn't be!
                                Last edited by motox; 03-22-2010, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X