Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Oh, it has reverance, it just doesn't really mean anything.
    Like how before this year, SCSU was 0-8 in the NCAAs?

*****http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/975/520feet20box.jpg******
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

This game could go in any direction. It could be a 2-1 as easily as a 7-6 or 6-1 game either way. Both teams look to have games where they give up tons of goals. Add to that the pressure of NMU playing in the tournament in an arena where St. Cloud feels comfortable and I have no idea how it will go.
      Embrace the hate.

Comment

Double post time

Flooding may close roads in St. Paul

The Associated Press • March 22, 2010

ST. PAUL — Getting to events in downtown St. Paul may be tricky this week as the city deals with the rising Mississippi River.

Flood protection work means some roads and streets will be closed or restricted to one lane of traffic. So fans are advised to plan ahead if they’re going to Xcel Energy Center or St. Paul RiverCentre and take alternate routes.
        http://www.sctimes.com/article/20100...ds-in-St.-Paul

What are the chances this keeps up by Friday?
        Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
          Double post time

There were already a few closed. I had heard that it was supposed to crest this past weekend. *shrugs*
          Always a Wildcat...
          Originally posted by Kepler
          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
            hmm i didnt know past history has any reverence... you know just like the numbers called in roulette affect the next number, my betting strategies must be flawed then
            It's relevant when you have the same two head coaches going toe-to-toe on a consistent basis. It matters when you have largely the same on-ice talent from year to year putting up the same/similar results. It can expose a team's weakness and/or strength.
            Double post time

The flooding in St. Paul was due to crest either today or yesterday at 19.5', and stay up to 17' through Sunday. What this means for people coming in from out of town - don't go south of the downtown area, and stay clear of Lowertown. The parking near the X might be impacted to the SW side of the arena, down the cliff along Eagle St. and such, heading towards Shepard Rd. From the direction you'll likely enter the city (the North, coming down through Duluth), the flooding should have little impact unless you want to kill some time by walking by the river.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

RE: Mankato - lets not forget that they were playing solid hockey to close out this year. The weekend before playing us they played the #1 team in the country tough (Denver).

As far as the NMU game, based on some comments I get the sense that NMU is a bit like Wisconsin in that if they get a lead they can really lock down on the defensive side and make life tough for you.
              "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                RE: Mankato - lets not forget that they were playing solid hockey to close out this year. The weekend before playing us they played the #1 team in the country tough (Denver).

As far as the NMU game, based on some comments I get the sense that NMU is a bit like Wisconsin in that if they get a lead they can really lock down on the defensive side and make life tough for you.

Ideally, that is normally the goal, but as evident in the Friday night game against Alaska in the playoffs, they went up 4-1 by the end of the second, and 10 minutes into the third they're nursing a 4-3 lead and just barely squeaked out the win. Also, with a 3-1 lead against Ferris, they had to go to OT...

That being said, I'm still confident that with a large lead, they can normally pull off a win as long as they don't play TOO soft with that lead which was the case against Alaska and Ferris.
                At the Berry? Hear the Pep Band? I'm probably the drummer! That means 9 times out of 10 I am leading you through sieve.

Comment

NCAA preview

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Qt0p_io8EE&hl=en&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Qt0p_io8EE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                  Cat Chat - Covering NMU Hockey since 2008

Comment

Originally posted by nmupepbanddrummer View Post
                    Ideally, that is normally the goal, but as evident in the Friday night game against Alaska in the playoffs, they went up 4-1 by the end of the second, and 10 minutes into the third they're nursing a 4-3 lead and just barely squeaked out the win. Also, with a 3-1 lead against Ferris, they had to go to OT...

That being said, I'm still confident that with a large lead, they can normally pull off a win as long as they don't play TOO soft with that lead which was the case against Alaska and Ferris.
                    I think the blue print for beating SCSU is pretty simple. Hit them early, hit them often and hit them hard. We're a small team and will cough up the puck when harrassed.

Which is one of the reasons I think the officiating could play a big role. If they're calling it very close that works in our favor. If they're letting the guys play then I would assume that would favor a bigger NMU squad.
                    "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      Like how before this year, SCSU was 0-8 in the NCAAs?
                      Too bad I haven't brought that up in here. Have you gotten that wheelchair for Roe yet?
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                        ...It will be a hard game, and I'm sad that I was at the Xcel one week too early.
                        Told ya you shoulda been at the Joe.

NMU played a hell of a game Saturday, all weekend in fact. Don't let the 2-1 final scare you, as for a minute and a half, we didn't let Michigan score on an empty net, and was pressuring to tie the game. Stewart played phenomenally and stopped some great Michigan one-timers. Michigan did an excellent job of clogging in front of the goalie making sure that NOTHING got near him, otherwise it would have looked like the :62 of hockey against Ferris for the whole game.

I'm nervous about St. Cloud, I haven't seen or heard them play in years, but to see them come this close to a Broadmoor trophy? There will be two really pi**ed off and tired teams meeting for this game.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Too bad I haven't brought that up in here. Have you gotten that wheelchair for Roe yet?
                          Is Wehrs out of his yet?
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            Is Wehrs out of his yet?
                            Yeah, and he'll be on the golf course as soon as Chay polishes up his clubs.

And don't get me wrong, that comment was directed at DL only. At least the other SCSU fans don't rub losses in and they also can take some good-natured ribbing.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              Is Wehrs out of his yet?
                              {sigh}
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Double post time

Where's your sandbags? *clap* *clap* *clap**clap**clap*
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X