Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
    But enough talk about how lousy we are as a fan base What I want to know who do folks think gets the start in net?

Lee looked great against Wisco but Dunn played well in releif against the Sioux. At this point, I think Motzko goes with Dunn. Just a hunch...
    It's hard to argue against Dunn. Dunn on Friday, and if the streak ends, Lee on Saturday (assuming it would be against Bucky.) Really hope Roe will be back. NMU looks big and physical. Hopefully the Huskies can use their speed to open up the ice a bit. Anyone know who the officials will be (or where they'll be from?)

Comment

What is it about Minnesota State that gave SCSU so much trouble this year?

Is it just that the teams know each other so well? Was it a size thing?
      Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
        It's hard to argue against Dunn. Dunn on Friday, and if the streak ends, Lee on Saturday (assuming it would be against Bucky.) Really hope Roe will be back. NMU looks big and physical. Hopefully the Huskies can use their speed to open up the ice a bit. Anyone know who the officials will be (or where they'll be from?)
        As long as they're not from the WCHA! They absolutley SUCK!!!
        There is Hope . . .

Comment

Good luck to both teams, this will be a great matchup!

Any update on how Roe is doing? will he be able to go?

Having seen both teams play against Miami this year its tough to make a call on this game. Both have great goaltending and a couple stand out forwards. I think SCSU is quicker but if NMU can get the first goal they could stifle them. Should be fun to watch! good luck to both teams.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post

You try concentrating when Jerry Springer's on the opposing team's bench.

It really depends on what night you're talking about, but Mankato State has given SCSU fits for the past numerous years. Add to that, SCSU just was not playing its best hockey, taking periods off at least once each game. During the Friday March 5 game, SCSU did not show up for the first period, gave MSU a 4-0 head start. SCSU then showed up for the next two periods and lost 4-2. I think every other game of the next four went OT.

Add to that, I think MSU gets excited to play SCSU. I've seen them play on TV a few times. The best I've seen them play is against SCSU and the Gophers. beyond that, they just didn't give SCSU much room to skate, often beating SCSU to pucks and they set up some nice plays in the SCSU end to either get the puck in backside or or cash in on the rebounds.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Agreeing with the earlier post about it, MSU-M just seems to get up for us each year. we're something like 8-13-3 against them in the last 5-6 years (numbers might be 1 off or so, but something close to that), including a 8-1-1 run in our own building before we beat them in games 2-3 in the WCHA 1st round. They seem to be more opportunistic on our mistakes than we are on theirs, and they usually come out hot and putting the pressure on from the getgo and we seem to lollygag until "oh crap, we're down 3-0!" then we start playing hard. Maybe if we think they're the Gophers we'll play harder lol.

Can't wait until Friday so I can watch this game! i have a front row seat against the glass in one of the corners, so i'll be seeing a lot of pucks dumped right in front of me. $50 seemed to be a lot for a ticket, but then i realized that it's good for both games, so $25/game, seems pretty good! I got my 3game package back in dec, so i'm ready to go for a pair of good games on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by BigPieps View Post
                No, it will be. And, without a doubt, you'll be on here telling us how crappy we are as a fanbase. It's been going on since at least...(checks USCHO join time)...2002
                You live in Wisconsin. Of course I am better than you.
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

It's just not this year, it is every year. No matter how good a team SCSU has they seem to struggle against them.
                  I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    You try concentrating when Jerry Springer's on the opposing team's bench.

It really depends on what night you're talking about, but Mankato State has given SCSU fits for the past numerous years. Add to that, SCSU just was not playing its best hockey, taking periods off at least once each game. During the Friday March 5 game, SCSU did not show up for the first period, gave MSU a 4-0 head start. SCSU then showed up for the next two periods and lost 4-2. I think every other game of the next four went OT.

Add to that, I think MSU gets excited to play SCSU. I've seen them play on TV a few times. The best I've seen them play is against SCSU and the Gophers. beyond that, they just didn't give SCSU much room to skate, often beating SCSU to pucks and they set up some nice plays in the SCSU end to either get the puck in backside or or cash in on the rebounds.
                    Originally posted by SCSUman66 View Post
                    Agreeing with the earlier post about it, MSU-M just seems to get up for us each year. we're something like 8-13-3 against them in the last 5-6 years (numbers might be 1 off or so, but something close to that), including a 8-1-1 run in our own building before we beat them in games 2-3 in the WCHA 1st round. They seem to be more opportunistic on our mistakes than we are on theirs, and they usually come out hot and putting the pressure on from the getgo and we seem to lollygag until "oh crap, we're down 3-0!" then we start playing hard. Maybe if we think they're the Gophers we'll play harder lol.

Can't wait until Friday so I can watch this game! i have a front row seat against the glass in one of the corners, so i'll be seeing a lot of pucks dumped right in front of me. $50 seemed to be a lot for a ticket, but then i realized that it's good for both games, so $25/game, seems pretty good! I got my 3game package back in dec, so i'm ready to go for a pair of good games on Friday
                    Really... you both fail as scsu fans..

I would say a majority of our trouble with them would be based on missing Marvin for 3 of the games our best defensive forward and one of our best PKers and Raboin for 2 of the games our best defensemen and one of our best pkers, which was a factor in kato going 5 for 10 on the pp in the first series with out both of them 6 for 14 overall without one of them.
                    Originally posted by Mankato student
                    Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                    "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                    -- Peter Klein

Comment

We got this.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                        We got this.
                        HAHA I like it!

Going to be a close game though thats for sure, no gimme for either team unless one of the goalies have a nightmare for a game.
                        Last edited by Husky4Life; 03-21-2010, 10:57 PM.
                        SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post

I would say a majority of our trouble with them would be based on missing Marvin for 3 of the games our best defensive forward and one of our best PKers and Raboin for 2 of the games our best defensemen and one of our best pkers, which was a factor in kato going 5 for 10 on the pp in the first series with out both of them 6 for 14 overall without one of them.
                          Uhm no, YOU fail! SCSU has struggled with MANKATO since 2003, its not just a 2009-2010 problem. Losing to Mankato late in the year (SCSU was swept) kept them out of the NCAA's in 2006 if I recall correctly. Mankato has a crazy good record against the Huskies since 2003, certainly way better that were the Mavs have finished in the standings since 2003.

Comment

So apparently I fail b/c i discussed a 5-6 year trend instead of only this year? Granted he did ask us about this year, and as you pointed out, we were missing 2 of our top defensive players for the reg season series, but I was pointing out that its not just a 1-year happenstance. I seem to recall our school record 12game winning streak coming to an end in 2007 when we were up by 3-4 goals and then gave up 6 in the 3rd period to lose. Or the series in Mankato in 2006 where we blew late leads and lost in overtime BOTH nights that pretty much knocked us out of a NCAA spot.

Comment

Originally posted by waterlover View Post
                              Uhm no, YOU fail! SCSU has struggled with MANKATO since 2003, its not just a 2009-2010 problem. Losing to Mankato late in the year (SCSU was swept) kept them out of the NCAA's in 2006 if I recall correctly. Mankato has a crazy good record against the Huskies since 2003, certainly way better that were the Mavs have finished in the standings since 2003.
                              Originally posted by SCSUman66 View Post
                              So apparently I fail b/c i discussed a 5-6 year trend instead of only this year? Granted he did ask us about this year, and as you pointed out, we were missing 2 of our top defensive players for the reg season series, but I was pointing out that its not just a 1-year happenstance. I seem to recall our school record 12game winning streak coming to an end in 2007 when we were up by 3-4 goals and then gave up 6 in the 3rd period to lose. Or the series in Mankato in 2006 where we blew late leads and lost in overtime BOTH nights that pretty much knocked us out of a NCAA spot.
                              hmm i didnt know past history has any reverence... you know just like the numbers called in roulette affect the next number, my betting strategies must be flawed then
                              Originally posted by Mankato student
                              Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                              "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                              -- Peter Klein

Comment

hmm i didnt know past history has any reverence... you know just like the numbers called in roulette affect the next number, my betting strategies must be flawed then
                                Oh, it has reverance, it just doesn't really mean anything.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X