NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

This is probably one of the best matchup's of the entire tournament. Both teams are perennial disappointments!

I'm beyond thrilled that NMU is back in the limelight after an 11 year hiatus. I'm not expecting much from then, but beating SCSU sure would be sweet!

NMU has a strong alumni base in the Twin Cities, so there should be a few thousand fans decked out in the green and gold.

Both teams have some serious playmakers and decent goaltending. Should be a great game!

Also, ESPN 360 sucks. I wish it was on the U.
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Is it accurate to say NMU has good size? I counted 13 guys on their team roster over 6' and six guys 6'3"+. St. Cloud is on the small side, we really only have two big guys in Marvin and Lauridsen.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskySieve View Post
        Whats funny is Duluth not being in the tournament at all
        Nope
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Is it accurate to say NMU has good size? I counted 13 guys on their team roster over 6' and six guys 6'3"+. St. Cloud is on the small side, we really only have two big guys in Marvin and Lauridsen.
          Yes, NMU is a big team. Wait til you see Olver (not really big, but very fast/quick and crafty), he's the best player in the CCHA (non-goalie).

Almost 20 years ago NMU won their only National Championship in St. Paul. Hopefully we can get some of the magic back!
          Last edited by Billy Blanks; 03-21-2010, 02:02 PM.
          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Whats funny is Duluth not being in the tournament at all
            Agreed!
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Yes, a few large boys, including the goalie. They would like to play a slower game, but did fairly well keeping up with Michigan yesterday.

NMU also likes taking time to get quality shots, as opposed to throwing everything at the net.
              Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                Yes, a few large boys, including the goalie. They would like to play a slower game, but did fairly well keeping up with Michigan yesterday.

NMU also likes taking time to get quality shots, as opposed to throwing everything at the net.
                And they probably block more shots that anyone in the country...
                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

whats up with espn 360? is it free?

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post

One of our goalie's is 6'5" so we got a big one as well.

We prefer to play uptempo as we are more of a finese team.

St. Cloud has been outshot the past 12 games I believe it is now? So they too, take quality over quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppa12 View Post
                      whats up with espn 360? is it free?
                      It's ESPN's web video site. I got it to work today. Quality wasn't that good.

However, the GM at Jimmy's Food and Drink in Vadnais Heights said he'd let us use a TV and connect a laptop to it. Jimmy's is about 15 minutes north of Downtown St. Paul right off 35E on County Road E(Just north of 35E and 694).

It'd be right at the end of the first happy hour and will run into the second happy hour which is two-for-ones on everything and some food specials as well from 3:30-6:30 and 8:30-11:30 every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                        Almost 20 years ago NMU won their only National Championship in St. Paul. Hopefully we can get some of the magic back!
                        That NMU team was amazing, one of the best I've ever seen.

Saying that, I'm really hoping SCSU can manage a win in the NCAAs. They are a very strong team this year, and have a lot of leadership.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Left the X last night with mixed feelings, winning the Broadmoor would have been great, but knowing that we would likely get placed close to home at the X again next weekend softened the blow. I was totally expecting Michigan or New Hampshire as our draw, so was shocked to see NMU come up. I haven't seen much of them this year except for a win against Michigan toward the end of the CCHA regular season.

Let's go HUSKIES!! Get the first win and then take out the Badgers following.

Comment

NMU makes the dance...and of all the teams out there they pull Team 0-fer.

Anchorage is back on suicide watch.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                              Can't say that I know much about St. Cloud but I'm smart enough not to chalk this one up for NMU quite yet. Making plans to attend and hope NMU represents much the same they did in Detroit this past weekend.
                              Mojo,

We are still waiting to hear from Ken Godfrey and Dr. Wong on whether the band will make the trip, things are definitely looking good, but no official word yet.

NMU fans, as I'm sure you all know, this is a shorter trip than to the Joe...we should get a great contingent!

@WCHAForever...Mojo was not referring to the team's performance alone, but the amount of fans we had making the trip. thanks though, for your unnecessary comment.
                              At the Berry? Hear the Pep Band? I'm probably the drummer! That means 9 times out of 10 I am leading you through sieve.

Comment

Husky fans better come out in huge numbers for this one! If we can't get 7,000-8,000 fans it will be a pathetic day......
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X