• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STCHuskies
    replied
    Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    Are you sure it was closed last summer? I knew he died, but did it close right away? It's been a while since I have been over that way. I want to buy that bar now!!! Tommyboy's, now that would be a cool bar....
    Wow the married life must really have u tied down--a year and a half ago?!?

D@mn I'm nervous already. We need to win d@mnit.

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
    All the "experts" picking Northern Michigan to win.

Let's earn some respect today HUSKIES!
    Bob was brouht in to get this program over the hump. If he can't win as the higher seed 70 miles from home, it is hard to have any faith he ever will.

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by waterlover View Post
    You haven't been out in awhile have you? This place has been closed since last summer when the owner died in a hot tub at a party. I think it was a cocaine overdose. Its a great place and I'd love to own it but I'm afraid owning a bar would cause me to be an alcoholic.

I'd suggest going to Tony Jaro's for a Greenie instead of Stasiu's. One Greenie isn't enough, two is too many and three is JUST RIGHT.

You also forgot to mention Grumpy's. No trip to NE is complete w/o a stop at Grumpy's. BEST beer selection in Nord'east, certainly for local brews. One of only 15 or so places in MN with Summit Oatmeal Stout on tap and always have 2-3 varieties of Surly on tap. Occasionally they have Left Hand Milk Stout as well.
    Are you sure it was closed last summer? I knew he died, but did it close right away? It's been a while since I have been over that way. I want to buy that bar now!!! Tommyboy's, now that would be a cool bar....

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post

1) Paula Weston doesn't count as an "expert." Even with liberal use of the quotes around said word.

2) If she did pick us, that's the kiss of death.

Leave a comment:

• NMU8405
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Why would losing to a higher seed, playing one hour from their home and not to mention a pretty good team be considered a screw up? Far be it for me to defend SCSU (Parise knows their fans don't have enough self-esteem to do the same for UM) but if SCSU is on and getting good goaltending they'll be tough to beat.
    To hide from the endless laughter and threads about NMU ending the famous streak.

But, Northern can just save us from all that by winning of course

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
    If NMU F*s this up...I might close my USCHO account.
    Why would losing to a higher seed, playing one hour from their home and not to mention a pretty good team be considered a screw up? Far be it for me to defend SCSU (Parise knows their fans don't have enough self-esteem to do the same for UM) but if SCSU is on and getting good goaltending they'll be tough to beat.

Leave a comment:

• Husky4Life
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Darkness
    replied

You might have to, just to get away from the endless laughter.

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

I hope you have to close your USCHO account.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

One game at a time. Win tonight.

Let's Go 'Cats!!!

Leave a comment:

• profoster
    replied

I am confident that NMU will bring home a victory tonight. GO CATS!!

Leave a comment:

• NMU8405
    replied

You haven't been out in awhile have you? This place has been closed since last summer when the owner died in a hot tub at a party.
    Maybe he just went....back in time?

Leave a comment:

• NMU8405
    replied

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
    Dear Wildcats of Northern Michigan University,

Don't drop an NCAA game to St. Cloud. You will never live it down, and noone will ever forget.

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

I was fishing around the NCAA's site and it appears this game will be on MASN (640 on DirecTV) for people who have the sports pack. I think MASN is out of Baltimore for anyone in the Baltimore/DC area. I'm guessing most sports bars should be able to get it as well. I checked my on screen DirecTV guide and it mentions nothing about college hockey but that doesn't mean anything.

Here is the link for anyone who wants to check it out. Appears MASN has picked up all 4 games not on live.

http://www.ncaa.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos...keySyndication

FSNorth has picked up the Bemidji/Michigan game and the UND/Yale game on Saturday.

EDIT: Or, rather than fishing around the NCAA's crappy website I should have just went to the TV Thread on USCHO and saved myself the time. Oh well, the info's the same, just in two different threads now.
    That is why I am going to start pregame festivities in about an hour to see if my favorite sports bar can pick up the game. If they do get it, then I will be there all afternoon. If they don't, then I am going on a killing spree with Time Warner Cable.

Leave a comment:

• motox
    replied

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    Hey, there is nothing wrong with ********** a fat chic to get out of a slump. Hell back in the day HFR was known for going fat early to avoid the rush.
    LMAO!

LET'S GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X