X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    [Twitch Boy's crap song he embedded]
    What's with that crap song you embedded, Twitch?

We're more like this up on the shores of the Mississippi:
    ******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lwESraWEpSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lwESraWEpSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Hey Hussy fans (and Skeeter Skeeter Goldy Booger Eater), just wanted to say congrats on your 1st NCAA win. Must be nice being able to watch post-season hockey...

Continue to represent MN well! Gophs suuuuck...
      GOPHER HOCKEY: CHAMPS 2002 & 2003!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
        I couldn't be prouder to be a Wildcat this morning.
        You couldn't have said it any better.

As for the penalties, Walt seemed to think both calls in OT were legit.
        LIFE LONG NMU FAN & ALUMNI.

Comment

Originally posted by profoster View Post
          You couldn't have said it any better.

As for the penalties, Walt seemed to think both calls in OT were legit.
          Thats because they were legit! Lets face it, we don't seem to notice when we catch a break from the stripes, and we caught several. I though they did a pretty nice job.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            Thats because they were legit! Lets face it, we don't seem to notice when we catch a break from the stripes, and we caught several. I though they did a pretty nice job.
            Agreed. After ANY sporting event a team generally can whine about the officiating and this game wasn't any different. I don't think the refs changed the outcome of the game in any way.

I must admit though, I can understand the horrible feeling for NMU fans. I was very disappointed in the 2002 Frozen Four championship game when Maine lost to the Gophers at the X in OT shorthanded.

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post

Crowd was massively disappointing.
              This event should have been held at a much more size appropriate venue, like Mariucci, but too many whine about the possibilty of a team playing a regional in its own rink, like the 15 minute drive over to the X would lessen Minnesota's advantage if they were in this regional. If anything, it would increase Minnesota's advantage because they'd have a bigger crowd.

Oh...and a note to the NCAA, why have a college sporting event that is priced out of the range of the average college student. When you add the expense of hotels, travel and meals, forcing students to cough up $94 for a tourney ticket or $47.50 for a single game, you deserve to have poor attendance!!! The pricing for this event was utterly ridiculous. Why does a college athletic event choose to eliminate all but the most well heeled college student?
              Last edited by davyd83; 03-27-2010, 10:41 AM.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

This event should have been held at a much more size appropriate venue, like Mariucci, but too many whine about the possibilty of a team playing a regional in its own rink, like the 15 minute drive over to the X would lessen Minnesota's advantage if they were in this regional. If anything, it would increase Minnesota's advantage because they have a bigger crowd.
                I think the whole purpose of the X was so MN would play there and bring in tons of money. The Gophers went and screwed up that plan! I'm sure if they knew MN wasn't going to be there they would have gone with Marriucci.

Blame it on the Gophers for the building being to big for the crowd. Don't tell Gophers fans they get an advantage by playing in front of 18,500 fans 5 miles from home. They'll have none of that blasphemy.

Comment

• Originally posted by nuke View Post
                  Blame it on the Gophers for the building being to big for the crowd. Don't tell Gophers fans they get an advantage by playing in front of 18,500 fans 5 miles from home. They'll have none of that blasphemy.
                  'nuke' is an appropriate handle for you, although I am certain you don't know why.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    'nuke' is an appropriate handle for you, although I am certain you don't know why.
                    I'm surprised his drool doesn't ruin his keyboard.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This event should have been held at a much more size appropriate venue, like Mariucci, but too many whine about the possibilty of a team playing a regional in its own rink, like the 15 minute drive over to the X would lessen Minnesota's advantage if they were in this regional. If anything, it would increase Minnesota's advantage because they'd have a bigger crowd.

Oh...and a note to the NCAA, why have a college sporting event that is priced out of the range of the average college student. When you add the expense of hotels, travel and meals, forcing students to cough up $94 for a tourney ticket or $47.50 for a single game, you deserve to have poor attendance!!! The pricing for this event was utterly ridiculous. Why does a college athletic event choose to eliminate all but the most well heeled college student?
                      This is my gripe. Why is it so expensive? Those prices are crazy! It's like they are charging for NCAA basketball. Where the demand seems equal to that kind of price. But the demand is not that high for that kind of price.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Brenthoven and Slapshot......what part do you guys disagree with? For years non Minnesota fans have been beat down if they suggested the U gets an advantage by playing at the X. I have plenty of neg rep to prove it.

Are you now suggesting the Gophers do have an advantage playing at the X?

Comment

That NMU power play was a thing of beauty...I only caught about half of the game but that really seemed to provide their best opportunities.
                          MICHIGAN STATE
                          1966:1986:2007

Comment

I still have a couple questions: do Northern's cheerleaders not know how to skate? And why do they have one male cheerleader who just stands there with a megaphone? And why did NMU rip off Wisconsin's goal cheer?
                            Last edited by Dude Love; 03-27-2010, 01:26 PM.
                            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                              That NMU power play was a thing of beauty...I only caught about half of the game but that really seemed to provide their best opportunities.
                              It really started clicking halfway through the year, and it's a shame it's cooled off in the last three weeks because it was a NCAA top 15 Power Play. I think at one point it was 10th in the country for conversion of Power Plays.

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                              I still have a couple questions: do Northern's cheerleaders not know how to skate? And why do they have one male cheerleader who just stands there with a megaphone?
                              No.

Because. He also holds a female cheerleader in the air at times.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Does SCSU have a weight limit for their squad? They should. And why do they rip off the Canadiens' logo?
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X