Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

    Thinkin about goin over to the X after work tomorrow, what is the cheapest a ticket will go for from a scalper? 25? 30?

    Comment


    • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

      Originally posted by BigPieps View Post
      Brenthoven and his Merry Band of 'Mos have ruined another thread.

      Hurray.
      Someone asked about places to go, earlier in the thread. So go make sweet love to RC by the fire. It's about the only successful thing you will accomplish this weekend.

      I've only seen one or two NMU games this year, and a 3-4 SCSU games this year. Missing Roe (possibly) will definitely hurt. No matter what anyone says, I do think that the 0-fer streak is in the back of the players' minds. Whether or not they can dismiss it if something doesn't break their way, I dunno.

      The last time they were in this position, that floating goal by Clarkson did them in. Even some SCSU fans said it: "Here we go again" and you could see it in the players' actions after that.

      So carry on.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

      Comment


      • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

        Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Missing Roe (possibly) will definitely hurt. No matter what anyone says, I do think that the 0-fer streak is in the back of the players' minds. Whether or not they can dismiss it if something doesn't break their way, I dunno.

        The last time they were in this position, that floating goal by Clarkson did them in. Even some SCSU fans said it: "Here we go again" and you could see it in the players' actions after that.
        1. Roe will play and be effective.
        2. A floating goal, misdirected puck, bad bounce, etc will not deflate this team.
        3. THIS team is different and while the streak may be in the back of their mind they are more resilient than any other previous Husky team, ever.
        4. The streak ends, that is all.

        Comment


        • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

          Originally posted by motox View Post
          1. Roe will play and be effective.
          2. A floating goal, misdirected puck, bad bounce, etc will not deflate this team.
          3. THIS team is different and while the streak may be in the back of their mind they are more resilient than any other previous Husky team, ever.
          4. The streak ends, that is all.
          I'm pumped for this game (watching on tv from Hockey East land). Two small schools (always rooted for the small teams like LSSU, SLU, SCSU, NMU, CC, Merrimack) and it should be the best opening round game.

          That being said, in my mind, if NMU scores a goal early or SCSU gets a few bad bounces, those "thoughts in the back of the player's heads" could creep to the front of their brains.

          Hoping for a great game.

          Comment


          • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

            Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
            Game is at 4:30. How long do you suppose you'll stick around the lot? I'm planning on rolling in around 3ish and also need to find a friendly scalper to sell me (hopefully) cheap tickets.

            EDIT: I noticed this was post number FOUR TWENTY for me. This one goes out to you Tommyboy and Skeeterman.

            Nice! I remember back in the day wishing everybody a happy 4/20.
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

            In Bob we Trust!

            The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

            Comment


            • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

              Originally posted by profoster View Post
              I think this clip will always make me feel good. Surroundings look familiar?

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbTrEugoYKQ
              Yeah, that place looks like something NMU won't see this weekend because it's gone, long since history - like that goal.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

              "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

              "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

              Comment


              • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

                Over in the Wisconsin thread I read that gates 2 and 3 allow ticketholders to scan their ticket, head outside for a smoke break, and then re-enter the arena from the same entrance.

                If anyone wants to sell the "Game 2 portion" of their Friday ticket, then I am interested in taking a "smoke break" with you outside Gate 2 or Gate 3 at the conclusion of Game 1.

                Comment


                • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

                  Originally posted by rumble_rink View Post
                  Over in the Wisconsin thread I read that gates 2 and 3 allow ticketholders to scan their ticket, head outside for a smoke break, and then re-enter the arena from the same entrance.

                  If anyone wants to sell the "Game 2 portion" of their Friday ticket, then I am interested in taking a "smoke break" with you outside Gate 2 or Gate 3 at the conclusion of Game 1.
                  Gate 3 for sure (by section 112-113). They stamp you on the way out, if you are taking a smoke break, though, so they don't re-scan in. But if you don't have a stamp, but have a ticket, that might change things.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                  Comment


                  • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

                    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Gate 3 for sure (by section 112-113). They stamp you on the way out, if you are taking a smoke break, though, so they don't re-scan in. But if you don't have a stamp, but have a ticket, that might change things.
                    Hand stamp ya say? Well, that's a very different story.

                    What's this hand stamp look like?

                    Comment


                    • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

                      Originally posted by rumble_rink View Post
                      Hand stamp ya say? Well, that's a very different story.

                      What's this hand stamp look like?
                      I couldn't tell ya, never paid attention.

                      I'd imagine that if you left for a "smoke break" and walked a block down to Gate 2, and entered with your ticket, you'd be fine.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                      Comment


                      • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

                        Originally posted by rumble_rink View Post
                        Hand stamp ya say? Well, that's a very different story.

                        What's this hand stamp look like?
                        Having been to the X quite a few times the past year, I have yet to get the same one twice. Color varies, as well as the design. It is standardized for the event, though.

                        Comment


                        • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

                          Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          I couldn't tell ya, never paid attention.

                          I'd imagine that if you left for a "smoke break" and walked a block down to Gate 2, and entered with your ticket, you'd be fine.
                          Do they let people out of the building between games with free re-entry on the same ticket? if not, there's a solid chance that ticket will not scan as a valid ticket for the second game if it was used for the first game.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                          "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                          "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                          Comment


                          • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

                            Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I couldn't tell ya, never paid attention.

                            I'd imagine that if you left for a "smoke break" and walked a block down to Gate 2, and entered with your ticket, you'd be fine.
                            No you won't. Once a ticket is scanned it can't be used to enter the building again. At the Ralph they'd scan you out to smoke, then scan you back in. If you didn't get scanned out, they wouldn't let you back in.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

                            Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

                            Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

                            Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

                            Comment


                            • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

                              Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                              2002 - read score in loss to Michigan in New York Times from the newspaper left at my hotel room in Manhattan.

                              2008 - read score in loss to Clarkson on SportsBook board at the South Point casino in Las Vegas.

                              And 2010 - I'm gonna have to read the score from some source in Mexico since I'm taking my family to Cancun first thing tomorrow morning.

                              When will I be able to convince my wife that Spring Break is where St. Cloud plays in the NCAA Regionals????

                              Go Huskeys!!!
                              1999: Watched at my friend's wife's house
                              2001: Was at Van Andel Arena
                              2002: Watched at a friend's house
                              2003: Watched at McRudy's in St. Cloud
                              2007: Watched at Jake's in Plymouth
                              2008: Watched at Joe Senser's in Plymouth

                              Yes, I've had to watch 6 of the 8 losses.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

                              It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

                              The 2009 Poser of the Year

                              Comment


                              • Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

                                Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                No you won't. Once a ticket is scanned it can't be used to enter the building again. At the Ralph they'd scan you out to smoke, then scan you back in. If you didn't get scanned out, they wouldn't let you back in.
                                Good point. Never thought of that.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X