Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
    Been busy doing report cards the last couple days, but honestly none of you have anything on the Aniak, AK "HALFBREEDS"! I'll post a logo when I get home from school tonight it's classic.
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3060/...d69491.jpg?v=0
    http://www.northslope.net/images/halfbreed.jpg
    scsuhockey.com
    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Thank you. I'll try and pull up the photo of their logo/mural that they have in their gym when I get home from when I was there last winter. Those two don't give it justice. They also for a little while had a much more aggressive logo where the white trapper and Yupik or Athabascan warrior were facing off for battle. Never the less that mascot name would NEVER be allowed outside of Alaska.
      Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
      NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
      Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
      Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
        Those, my friend, are fighting words to a true YOOPER!

Try putting ketchup or gravy on your Hot Pocket!!
        I love gravy!
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
          Thank you. I'll try and pull up the photo of their logo/mural that they have in their gym when I get home from when I was there last winter. Those two don't give it justice. They also for a little while had a much more aggressive logo where the white trapper and Yupik or Athabascan warrior were facing off for battle. Never the less that mascot name would NEVER be allowed outside of Alaska.
          Nor should any of the Palins in my opinion but that is a topic for another message board...

Comment

Nor should any of the Palins in my opinion but that is a topic for another message board...
            This thread is lacking Politics. It has just about everything else.
            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
            2006-2007: 15-24-2
            2007-2008: 20-20-4
            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

I popped my college hockey virginity to NMU vs SCSU at the National Hockey Center in October of 1994. I believe DOGS are superior to CATS right?!

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
                I popped my college hockey virginity to NMU vs SCSU at the National Hockey Center in October of 1994. I believe DOGS are superior to CATS right?!
                This ain't a 13-24-3 NMU team.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  This ain't a 13-24-3 NMU team.
                  No problem. We weren't 17-20-1 either. Just like then.....we shall crush you like the Kitties you are!

Comment

Originally posted by Junk View Post
                    What the hell is going on in this thread?
                    It's gone completely off topic. It's almost like a Tech thread, only the teams are actually playing after the first week in March.
                    Always a Wildcat...
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                      It's gone completely off topic. It's almost like a Tech thread, only the teams are actually playing after the first week in March.
                      Ouch...that smarts for a Tech grad from the late 70's when we actually won NCAA championships (plural)...something the western Huskies have yet to do.

Comment

As an NMU Alumni, I am glad to see the Cat's in the Tourny for the first time since my freshman year at Northern. I live in Seattle now and will be watching via ESPN 360. Wish I had another option, but I am glad I get to see it.

Cats look strong this year... glad they turned a corner after the New Year. I hope they are able to capitalize on Power Plays this game. Had they been able to do so against U of M, they would be a higher seed.

I wont call it either way... if it was on Neutral territory, I would call if for the Cats. However, I expect several thousand NMU fans to show up. As was said earlier, there are TONS of NMU Alumni in that area. Also, with such a long spell between the last one, fans will travel from all over to see this game. I already told my CO (I am in the Army) that I am taking off for Ford Field if they make it that far and paying whatever it takes for tickets.

Here is hoping for many "WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILDCAT GOAL!! Scored by #......."
                        Go Cats!

Comment

Unnecessary comments? Hell, it's Sunday night...we've got at least a dozen pages of unnecessary comments ahead of us for this game by Thursday at the latest.
                          Call me Nostradamus. I threw this little post up on page 3 on Sunday night and it is now...oh, about 12 pages later. And as for unnecessary comments? Show me one!

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
                            Depends on the day. One day I saw a cat make mince meat out of my german shepard's nose. The next day I found a dead cat in the backyard with his legs chewed off. I guess that means day one to the Cats.

Try a mouthfull of your chip of choice, chew them up a bit, and then stick a pepperoncini in there. Follow with beer.
                            “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                            when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Call me Nostradamus. I threw this little post up on page 3 on Sunday night and it is now...oh, about 12 pages later. And as for unnecessary comments? Show me one!

OK Nostradamus, while yes, you did call that, thats enough credit for now...
                              At the Berry? Hear the Pep Band? I'm probably the drummer! That means 9 times out of 10 I am leading you through sieve.

Comment

Just in case out of towners need reminders, here's a few places to stop by, that are fun (in the way of pregame/post game SENANICANS!!! (c):

St Paul near the X:

1. Tom Reid's
                                2. Great Lakes (?) Brewery
                                3. McGovern's

Mpls (if you have the time, or post game):

1. Gasthof Zur Gemuchleikeicht (sp? on that last word); Nordeast Mpls
                                (the rest are downtown Mpls, 1st Ave/7th St or so)
                                2. The Shouthouse (piano bar)
                                3. Brothers/Rosen's/Lion's Pub (good hangout bars)
                                4. Bootlegger's (live music, off of 3rd/Washington, I believe)
                                Last edited by The Rube; 03-25-2010, 12:46 AM.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X