Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Originally posted by Reverse Sanity View Post
    A momentary break to mention actual thoughts on the game itself. SCSU key is what d-corp shows up. The new look Oliver, the solid Hepp, the young but decent Johnson, the confident Zabby, and the I am not gonna hurt ya Gaudet. I asume Raboin to be his best as he usually is. Or do we get the puck is a gernade, I must wrap it off the high glass in a mili-second or blow up Oliver, the I need to take a number of uneeded penalties Hepp, the several cross ice soft passes in my own zone Johnson, the overthinking Zabby, and the wait, I never played before this year and it shows Gaudet. Forwards will get opportunities as long as they know they can't always carry the puck in and will need to indirect dump and chase occasionally. I have a good feeling that we get the good d-corp and praise be, finally break through in a NCAA game. Good luck Huskies. Also, as a former transplanted Yooper from Ironwood and White Pine, I am hoping to see anyone willing to bring a bag of pasties with them. No one here knows what the h**l I am talking about when I mention pasties. I will pay a handsome amount for a good UP pasty.
    I would tend to agree. This team struggles against fast and aggressive forechecking (see UND, UW games). If NMU can bring that kind of pressure and force our D to play the puck quickly they will likely win.

However, if they cannot and our D starts to feel comfortable coming out of our own zone I think we'll win.
    "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

A momentary break to mention actual thoughts on the game itself. SCSU key is what d-corp shows up. The new look Oliver, the solid Hepp, the young but decent Johnson, the confident Zabby, and the I am not gonna hurt ya Gaudet. I asume Raboin to be his best as he usually is. Or do we get the puck is a gernade, I must wrap it off the high glass in a mili-second or blow up Oliver, the I need to take a number of uneeded penalties Hepp, the several cross ice soft passes in my own zone Johnson, the overthinking Zabby, and the wait, I never played before this year and it shows Gaudet. Forwards will get opportunities as long as they know they can't always carry the puck in and will need to indirect dump and chase occasionally. I have a good feeling that we get the good d-corp and praise be, finally break through in a NCAA game. Good luck Huskies. Also, as a former transplanted Yooper from Ironwood and White Pine, I am hoping to see anyone willing to bring a bag of pasties with them. No one here knows what the h**l I am talking about when I mention pasties. I will pay a handsome amount for a good UP pasty.

And unless they were from Joe's...they really aren't UP Pasties....

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
        And unless they were from Joe's...they really aren't UP Pasties....
        Right on. There is a little place in Hurley, Wisconsin that are very good too. And right next to Silver Street (like State Street in Madison, except in a town of 2100). I was at the Minnesota State Fair and saw a food stand claiming real UP pasties. What a crock. They were awful and they offered chicken, gravy, and a bunch of other crap. I told the dude behind the counter that he should be arrested for false advertising. I think a Joe's somewhere down here would be a potential gold mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
          Going out tomorrow to buy a new battery for my camera. Either I'll get some pictures of a historic occasion...or I can just hang myself with the strap.
          That is talking like a true Huskies fan
          I'm a Minnesota sports fan. I have learned to live with disappointment

Comment

Right on. There is a little place in Hurley, Wisconsin that are very good too. And right next to Silver Street (like State Street in Madison, except in a town of 2100). I was at the Minnesota State Fair and saw a food stand claiming real UP pasties. What a crock. They were awful and they offered chicken, gravy, and a bunch of other crap. I told the dude behind the counter that he should be arrested for false advertising. I think a Joe's somewhere down here would be a potential gold mine.
            The secret to a real UP pasty is making the crust with lard instead of Crisco or some other crap. Best pasties ever were from the St. Sebastians Church in Bessemer first Thursday of the month!!

Comment

The secret to a real UP pasty is making the crust with lard instead of Crisco or some other crap. Best pasties ever were from the St. Sebastians Church in Bessemer first Thursday of the month!!
              That and using water that is as cold as it can get without actually freezing when making the crust. Wow, a home of the Speedboys reference. The best nicknames come from that neck of the woods. The Nimrods, the Midgets, the Flyvers. I don't miss the winters, but it is a unique place. Back to hockey for a moment, how is Olvers older brother doing? Great players.

Comment

That and using water that is as cold as it can get without actually freezing when making the crust. Wow, a home of the Speedboys reference. The best nicknames come from that neck of the woods. The Nimrods, the Midgets, the Flyvers. I don't miss the winters, but it is a unique place. Back to hockey for a moment, how is Olvers older brother doing? Great players.
                The Wykons, the Hodags, the Castle Guards, etc. And actually, it is the Flivvers of Kingsford.
                Last edited by wchaforever; 03-24-2010, 09:01 AM.

Comment

What the hell language are you guys talking??

Comment

Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
                    What the hell language are you guys talking??

It's called Yooper Boomer. Takes years to master....

Comment

Originally posted by waterlover View Post
                      Is it the same woman from Marquette in '05?
                      Yep.
                      I'm having a brain fart on how I remember you though.

And I'm loving all the Western UP references.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Yoopaneese.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Not really... just make sure you don't pronounce "pasty" like its spelled.
                          scsuhockey.com
                          CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

what exactly are pasties? i keep reading all this talk about them, but I just want to know what they are.
                            This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                            www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                              Not really... just make sure you don't pronounce "pasty" like its spelled.
                              Actually, you DO pronounce it as it is spelled...with the short sound "a". Now, pronouncing it with the Long "A", will get you some weird looks in UP restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
                                what exactly are pasties? i keep reading all this talk about them, but I just want to know what they are.
                                Think calzones in Wales......

Comment

Working...
                                X