Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    ouch
    At least Tech has some banners to hang, RIT has nothing.

Comment

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
      Well, based on RIT's performance this year and Air Force's performance last year I would submit that under my proposed bid process that YES three bids to the AHA would be more than fair.

...and I would take the AHA's top three finishers, RIT, Air Force, and Sacred Heart, over Cornell, Yale, Union, and all other ECAC fraud teams any day!

It hurts me to say the foregoing as a loyal Cornellian, but facts are facts and Cornell's dreadful showing againt UNH and Yale using all three goalies and still giving up nine goals to BC only shows that the ECAC is BY FAR the weakest conference in Division I. If the current bid process is to continue, it's time to relegate the ECAC to but one bid!

Oh and one last thing. Nice job by the Sioux on Saturday getting dope slapped by Yale. Fighting Sioux fans the world over should hang their heads in shame!

What team, do you root for Bel??

Come on have the guts to say it.
      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
        At least Tech has some banners to hang, RIT has nothing.
        RIT's version of "In Heaven There Is No Beer" is substandard as well.

bb's subtle attempts to get me to root against RIT are not working. Not even that time they were mean to Army will do that...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Fighting Sioux fans the world over should hang their heads in shame!
          I guess you can say this. You'd know a thing or two about who should hang his head in shame.

Comment

Just a couple of suggestions:

Relative to your quote might I suggest the following changes:

If you can't laugh at yourself, don't laugh at anyone else. So you better learn to laugh at yourself because there are [TOO] many people [AT WHICH] to laugh.

You want to use the adverb "too" which denotes excess as opposed to the adverb "to" which in its adverb form denotes physical application or attachment.

In addition, you may want to consider changing the last part of the quote from "too many people to laugh at..." to "too many people at which to laugh". While "at" is both a preposition and noun, from a stylistic standpoint you are best never to end a statement with a preposition and/or a preposition that also serves as a noun.
            Sorry, I forgot about the stylistic standpoint. Thanks for the english lesson.

Typical.

Why don't you all out there in the square states do us here in the east a huge favor and secede to Canada. Trust me, no one will miss you.
            Oh, and since you schooled me with your english skills, please school us all with your geography and tell us one state that is square.
            If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
              Oh, and since you schooled me with your english skills, please school us all with your geography and tell us one state that is square.
              ******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q5ALAbN6Pcw&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q5ALAbN6Pcw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Typical.

Typical midwest ignorance.

RIT (or the Rochester Institute of Technology for those of you out there in the square states) has been a hockey powerhouse for years both at the Division III and Division I level. Perhaps if you and the rest of the corn-pone spent a little less time bowling and attempted to expand your limited and myopic view of the world you would have seen the RIT train coming. As it is, it is bad enough that we here in the east have to acknowledge you ignorant mopes as our fellow citizens.

Why don't you all out there in the square states do us here in the east a huge favor and secede to Canada. Trust me, no one will miss you.
                Remind me again, how many national championships in D1 hockey has RIT won????
                A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                Originally posted by MadCityRich
                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                  What team, do you root for Bel??

Come on have the guts to say it.

Cornell is, has, and always will be my team (irrespective of the fact that they play in the pathetic ECAC).

This year, however, I have jumped on the Boston College bandwagon as my cousin is now playing for the Eagles. I have, however, always been a huge fan of Hockey East.

Does the foregoing sufficiently respond to your question?
                  "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    D-III powerhouse? Sure. Why not. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. 8 appearances in the D-III "Frozen Four" with two titles is nothing to sniff at. As great of a fanbase RIT has, and as much as everyone wants to pull for them, it just might be a bit of a stretch.

But D-I powerhouse? Are you kidding me? We're all impressed with how well they've done in AHA and how well they did last weekend, but let's not get carried away here. They're no more a powerhouse than Butler basketball.
                    O.K., lest anyone think me wholly unreasonable I will concede that perhaps I engaged in a bit of hyperbole in my support of RIT. Powerhouse in Division I may be a bit of an overstatement. I certainly did not intend to compare them to say a Michigan, a North Dakota, or a Boston University. They have, however, since moving to Division I been one of the elite programs in the AHA and their success this year, coupled with that of Air Force last year, should be enough for the college hockey world to sit up and take notice that the AHA is becoming a league to be reckoned with.
                    "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

O.K., lest anyone think me wholly unreasonable I will concede that perhaps I engaged in a bit of hyperbole in my support of RIT. Powerhouse in Division I may be a bit of an overstatement. I certainly did not intend to compare them to say a Michigan, a North Dakota, or a Boston University. They have, however, since moving to Division I been one of the elite programs in the AHA and their success this year, coupled with that of Air Force last year, should be enough for the college hockey world to sit up and take notice that the AHA is becoming a league to be reckoned with.
                      Ha powerhouse of the AHA that's about as good as unionhockeyfan thinking it was an impressive feat for UNION to be picked to finished 5th in the EZAC and ranked #26
                      Originally posted by Mankato student
                      Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                      "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                      -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        bb's subtle attempts to get me to root against RIT are not working. Not even that time they were mean to Army will do that...
                        My suggestion would be that until Providence College decides to actually field a hockey team that all those associated with the Foxy Lady's satellite campus over there at the corner of Eaton and Huxley keep their collective pieholes closed.

If this were the Premiership the Friars would be relegated to "Sewer Division" along with AIC, Michigan Tech, Lebanon Valley, Western Michigan, and Clarkson.

Comment

Working...
                        X