Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
    Anybody can pull an upset prediction out of their *** in the playoffs and then crow about it if they are right.
    It's true. I picked Holy Cross over Minnesota in my pool in 2006. Pulled that one right out of my ***. I guess that's why people were calling me a smart ***.

Comment

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
      Anybody can pull an upset prediction out of their *** in the playoffs and then crow about it if they are right. Noone pays attention if you are wrong. They just think you are a lunatic. College hockey is a game of emotion. There will always be upsets in a format like this. Denver was ripe for this. They were lethargic in the WCHA FF. And, with all due respect UNH was not a good team with a history of choking in the NCAA - remember Niagara?

I have no disrespect for RIT at all. I'm actually happy for them winning as an underdog. However it doesn't surprise me. It's a school with a long tradition of hockey and success. They have good fan support and it's a great school. Why not have success?

But, during the course of the season (correct me if I'm wrong) but they did not win a non-conference game. The got beat by St. Larry, Colgate and Clarkson and got whipped by MSU-Mankato. They only scored 1 goal in that series.

I don't think they had a player under 20 on their roster. That's a big factor in a 1 and out tourney. They came out of the woods with some older experienced kids and got it done at the right time. That's it. If you think they'll beat Wisconsin you are crazy. Wisco won't take them lightly and end the cinderella run.

It just ain't gonna happen. Are you predicting they WILL defeat Wisco? An then MIAMI?
      Let's take the last part first shall we? You already have Miami beating Boston College? That is to laugh. Didn't you see the way that other Boston team corn-holed the mighty Redhawks last year? History has a way of repeating itself mope. Let's just wait until the 8th of April, shall we?

...and but for an inadvertent whistle by Hockey East's own John Gravellese it would be Michigan going to the final four not the Redhawks!

As for Wisconsin, their performance against Vermont left a lot to be desired. I mean we are talking about a Vermont team that finished eighth in Hockey East and could not beat either Merrimack of UMass-Lowell. Perhaps you should await Wisconsin beating a team with some actual talent (like say from Hockey East) then pop off.

Now, as for RIT I am going to assume that you are, as so stated in your post, from California. As such, it is unlikely that you saw but one AHA game this past year. I NEVER predicted an RIT trip to the final four. What I posted was that the AHA (and the now defunct) CHA should not be relegated to second class status by the NCAA selection committee. BASED ON MY IN PERSON FIRST HAND OBSERVATION of a number of teams from the AHA I have stated that the better teams in the AHA are playing a brand of hockey as good as any other team in any other conference and the NCAA should finally wake up and recognize this. It is not just Niagra over UNH. It is that plus Holy Cross over Minnesota, Air Force over Michigan, RIT over Denver and UNH, and (by extension) Bemidji State over Cornell and Notre Dame. Let's bring some equity to the bid process so that fraud teams LIKE VERMONT are not rewarded with a bid!

...and spare us all mope RIT's out of conference performance. If that is your argument then why not check the ECAC's out of conference record especially against Hockey East teams. I do not know the exact numbers, but I know from actually attending games that Hockey East has its way every time with the frauds from the ECAC. Just look at this past weekend. The two entrants from the ECAC were summarily dispatched by Hockey East teams AS PER USUAL while the lil ole AHA entrant is on its way the final four.
      Last edited by BeloBrasil; 03-29-2010, 03:07 PM.
      "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
        did you actually watch the UW Vermont game? it was not even close to a dope slap. A dope slap will be the hurt UW puts on RIT.
        I did watch the game and it was painful to see the alleged mighty, mighty Badgers struggle against a team that had to punch, claw, and scratch its way out of NINTH place just to make it into the Hockey East Tournament.

I know nothing of St. Cloud State (for I have never seen them in person this year) so I cannot comment on Wisconsin's performance against that team. I have, however, seen the very sad Catamounts play and for Wisconsin to struggle against such a poor opponent does not bode well for Wisconsin's championship ambitions!
        "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
          or when someone slaps belo.
          Just a couple of suggestions:

Relative to your quote might I suggest the following changes:

If you can't laugh at yourself, don't laugh at anyone else. So you better learn to laugh at yourself because there are [TOO] many people [AT WHICH] to laugh.

You want to use the adverb "too" which denotes excess as opposed to the adverb "to" which in its adverb form denotes physical application or attachment.

In addition, you may want to consider changing the last part of the quote from "too many people to laugh at..." to "too many people at which to laugh". While "at" is both a preposition and noun, from a stylistic standpoint you are best never to end a statement with a preposition and/or a preposition that also serves as a noun.

Comment

Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
            1. Wisconsin dope slaps the wholly un-bid-worthy Catamounts of the University of Vermont - AS PREDICTED herein!
            Wrong. Vermont made a game of it. The Vermont/Wisconsin game was a much tighter game than was the UW/SCSU game.
            IMO, the Badgers greatly underestimated UV and thats why the game was so close. In the case of SCSU, the Badgers knew they would have to play smart and play hard to win; which is why the performance on Saturday was better.
            A Badger living in Buckeye country.
            Originally posted by MadCityRich
            He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
            Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
            Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
            "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

I think that this year's regional results have proven that everyone who made it, with maybe the exception of Cornell, deserved to be there. Even UAH played a close game.

BB is a Doosh-Bag.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                Like there used to be in the Metrodome when the away team was batting.
                They still use large speakers behind the visiting team benches for Viking games in that worthless excuse of a football stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  I think that this year's regional results have proven that everyone who made it, with maybe the exception of Cornell, deserved to be there. Even UAH played a close game.

BB is a Doosh-Bag.
                  Agreed 100%. I think that he just likes to hear himself talk (I know he is typing and then probably re-reading what he typed. I just assume he does it out loud to himself because he seems like that kind of tool.)

I had a great time this weekend. Vermont fans were nice (except one *** behind their bench.) I enjoyed NMU fans as well and there was some fun banter back and forth with SCSU.

If players stay around for SCSU I really fear how good they are going to be next year...especially with Lee getting valuable experience this year (he is the freshman..right?)

I do not know how many people I heard asking (and subsequently informing) who RIT even was... . Talk about coming out of nowhere (I guess at least to the common college hockey fan).
                  In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                  I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                    I do not know how many people I heard asking (and subsequently informing) who RIT even was... . Talk about coming out of nowhere (I guess at least to the common college hockey fan).
                    Typical.

Typical midwest ignorance.

RIT (or the Rochester Institute of Technology for those of you out there in the square states) has been a hockey powerhouse for years both at the Division III and Division I level. Perhaps if you and the rest of the corn-pone spent a little less time bowling and attempted to expand your limited and myopic view of the world you would have seen the RIT train coming. As it is, it is bad enough that we here in the east have to acknowledge you ignorant mopes as our fellow citizens.

Why don't you all out there in the square states do us here in the east a huge favor and secede to Canada. Trust me, no one will miss you.

Comment

Typical.

RIT (or the Rochester Institute of Technology for those of you out there in the square states) has been a hockey powerhouse for years both at the Division III and Division I level. Perhaps if you and the rest of the corn-pone spent a little less time bowling and attempted to expand your limited and myopic view of the world you would have seen the RIT train coming. As it is, it is bad enough that we here in the east have to acknowledge you ignorant mopes as our fellow citizens.

Why don't you all out there in the square states do us here in the east a huge favor and secede to Canada. Trust me, no one will miss you.
                      Have you always had a stick up your butt or is it the result of your Ivy League education?

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                        Have you always had a stick up your butt or is it the result of your Ivy League education?
                        Its "Ivy Envy" as a result of being from a second tier Ivy League school. One that is only slightly higher than the UW in the national rankings.

Comment

Typical.

Ha if we seceded to Canada, the country would be the biggest joke in the world, what would the US export then....under-educated, elitist, overly risk taking dou-che bags, like yourself bb?
                          Originally posted by Mankato student
                          Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                          "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                          -- Peter Klein

Comment

RIT (or the Rochester Institute of Technology for those of you out there in the square states) has been a hockey powerhouse for years both at the Division III and Division I level.
                            D-III powerhouse? Sure. Why not. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. 8 appearances in the D-III "Frozen Four" with two titles is nothing to sniff at. As great of a fanbase RIT has, and as much as everyone wants to pull for them, it just might be a bit of a stretch.

But D-I powerhouse? Are you kidding me? We're all impressed with how well they've done in AHA and how well they did last weekend, but let's not get carried away here. They're no more a powerhouse than Butler basketball.

And, since I'm sure you'll get in a tizzy over me saying that, I'll spell it out plainly:

When we hear "powerhouse", we think of programs that are perennial contenders to do something big. Programs that get the big players that end up making it in the NHL. Programs with titles and traditions that go back at least several decades. RIT's off to a good start, but no one is going to be confusing them with Denver/Minnesota/Wisconsin/Michigan/North Dakota/BC/BU anytime soon.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              RIT's off to a good start, but no one is going to be confusing them with Michigan Tech anytime soon.
                              fyp.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
                                fyp.
                                ouch
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X