Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Obviously you missed the 2nd and 3rd periods and first half of the first OT, where both the shots on goal and quality scoring chances were heavily in NMU's favor...
    I was referring to the Wisconsin v. SCSU game.

Comment

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Anyone know the name of the music video that was played between periods on the scoreboard? The one with a bunch of guys singing and playing in the desert. It annoyed the hell out of me and my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
        What a great arena to watch a game in. I can't imagine there is a bad seat in the place. Had to bring my sweatshirt on Saturday as it was colder than I expected, but overall a great place.
        The Xcel is always chilly and if you're in the wrong seats there's a steady breeze from the air handlers.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
          The Xcel is always chilly and if you're in the wrong seats there's a steady breeze from the air handlers.
          Like there used to be in the Metrodome when the away team was batting.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
            You're not suggesting Minnesotans would cheat?

Comment

• Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
              You're not suggesting Minnesotans would cheat?
              He's suggesting he doesn't have a clue. And if you find the X to be chilly perhaps you should take some Midol.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                He's suggesting he doesn't have a clue. And if you find the X to be chilly perhaps you should take some Midol.
                Last year our upper level seats were right where the air handlers dumped their output. Everybody in our vicinity was bundled up in hats and gloves.

Maybe they had the air cranked up in anticipation of all the local fans who never showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                  Wasn't that proven to be false?

Even if the air-handlers were switched on and off depending on who was at bat, there was no assistance/resistance by the system?
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well, well, well, lookee how it all turned out over the past weekend! Let me just highlight some of the events:

1. Wisconsin dope slaps the wholly un-bid-worthy Catamounts of the University of Vermont - AS PREDICTED herein!

2. Both Boston College and UNH continued the long tradition of Hockey East dominance over the ECAC entrants (Yale and Cornell) further supporting MY LONG HELD CONTENTION as stated herein that the NCAA should no longer under any circumstances consider the ECAC to be on par with the WCHA, CCHA, and Hockey East!

...and last but certainly not least

3. Lil ole Rochester Institute of Technology from the oh so lowly Atantic Hockey Association beats Denver, the No. 2 ranked team in the country, and then trounces the Hockey East regular season champion the Wildcats of the University of New Hampshire.

Now I put it you all, who was the only one, I repeat, THE ONLY ONE of all the posters on this thread who showed the AHA any love? That's right lil ole me! I was the only one who touted the notion that the AHA should NOT be relegated to third class status with the NCAA begrudingly granting the conference one bid!

It is all about seeing all the teams play so the next time you inbred mopes from the corn-pone states want to pop off about teams that you have never seen play best to think twice then keep your collective redneck, jerkwater, livin'-in-the-trailer-park pieholes shut!

Vindication is such a beautiful thing!
                    Last edited by BeloBrasil; 03-29-2010, 12:52 PM.
                    "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Wasn't that proven to be false?

Even if the air-handlers were switched on and off depending on who was at bat, there was no assistance/resistance by the system?
                      Oops, thought the joking nature of the post was relatively evident.

I don't honestly believe that, just joking around.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        So 3 possible AHA teams get in? And that's what you think would be fair?

The best way to get into the tourney? Win.

Well, based on RIT's performance this year and Air Force's performance last year I would submit that under my proposed bid process that YES three bids to the AHA would be more than fair.

...and I would take the AHA's top three finishers, RIT, Air Force, and Sacred Heart, over Cornell, Yale, Union, and all other ECAC fraud teams any day!

It hurts me to say the foregoing as a loyal Cornellian, but facts are facts and Cornell's dreadful showing againt UNH and Yale using all three goalies and still giving up nine goals to BC only shows that the ECAC is BY FAR the weakest conference in Division I. If the current bid process is to continue, it's time to relegate the ECAC to but one bid!

Oh and one last thing. Nice job by the Sioux on Saturday getting dope slapped by Yale. Fighting Sioux fans the world over should hang their heads in shame!
                        "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
                          Well, well, well, lookee how it all turned out over the past weekend! Let me just highlight some of the events:

1. Wisconsin dope slaps the wholly un-bid-worthy Catamounts of the University of Vermont - AS PREDICTED herein!

UW's 3-2 win was hardly a "dope slap" of Vermont. I was sweating it out until the horn sounded.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

2. Both Boston College and UNH continued the long tradition of Hockey East dominance over the ECAC entrants (Yale and Cornell) further supporting MY LONG HELD CONTENTION as stated herein that the NCAA should no longer under any circumstances consider the ECAC to be on par with the WCHA, CCHA, and Hockey East!

...and last but certainly not least

3. Lil ole Rochester Institute of Technology from the oh so lowly Atantic Hockey Association beats Denver, the No. 2 ranked team in the country, and then trounces the Hockey East regular season champion the Wildcats of the University of New Hampshire.

Now I put it you all, who was the only one, I repeat, THE ONLY ONE of all the posters on this thread who showed the AHA any love? That's right lil ole me! I was the only one who touted the notion that the AHA should NOT be relegated to third class status with the NCAA begrudingly granting the conference one bid!

It is all about seeing all the teams play so the next time you inbred mopes from the corn-pone states want to pop off about teams that you have never seen play best to think twice then keep your collective redneck, jerkwater, livin'-in-the-trailer-park pieholes shut!

did you actually watch the UW Vermont game? it was not even close to a dope slap. A dope slap will be the hurt UW puts on RIT.
                            Originally posted by Mankato student
                            Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                            "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                            -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                              did you actually watch the UW Vermont game? it was not even close to a dope slap. A dope slap will be the hurt UW puts on RIT.
                              or when someone slaps belo.
                              If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Anybody can pull an upset prediction out of their *** in the playoffs and then crow about it if they are right. Noone pays attention if you are wrong. They just think you are a lunatic. College hockey is a game of emotion. There will always be upsets in a format like this. Denver was ripe for this. They were lethargic in the WCHA FF. And, with all due respect UNH was not a good team with a history of choking in the NCAA - remember Niagara?

I have no disrespect for RIT at all. I'm actually happy for them winning as an underdog. However it doesn't surprise me. It's a school with a long tradition of hockey and success. They have good fan support and it's a great school. Why not have success?

But, during the course of the season (correct me if I'm wrong) but they did not win a non-conference game. The got beat by St. Larry, Colgate and Clarkson and got whipped by MSU-Mankato. They only scored 1 goal in that series.

I don't think they had a player under 20 on their roster. That's a big factor in a 1 and out tourney. They came out of the woods with some older experienced kids and got it done at the right time. That's it. If you think they'll beat Wisconsin you are crazy. Wisco won't take them lightly and end the cinderella run.

It just ain't gonna happen. Are you predicting they WILL defeat Wisco? An then MIAMI?
                                "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Working...
                                X