Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

    Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
    A "killer" out of conference schedule? You're joking right? St. Lawrence, Dartmouth, Yale, and Alabama-Huntsville, ? These are your "killer" teams? Tell me what color is the sky in your world?

    Vermont managed an early season split against Denver and the only other quality opponent they faced was Minnesota-Duluth which is a shining example of a worthy team that was indeed passed over in favor of the marginal Catamounts.

    ...and I did notice that only three points separated (note spelling please) third place from eighth place in Hockey East which is all the more reason to look at TOTAL CONFERENCE WINS and to see the Catamounts were only one of two teams in Hockey East unable to muster double digit wins.

    It's very simple mope. If your team can't beat Merrimack and UMass-Lowell, can't muster double digit wins in Hockey East, can't close out games what their unimpressive seven (7) ties, and can't win their conference championship then they simply do not deserve to be included with the other fifteen deserving teams.

    ...and let's not forget the way they went blazing into last year's NCAA tournament losing AT HOME against UMass-Lowell in the Hockey East quarterfinals!

    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Wisconsin send these frauds packing!
    Ok, we get it. You A) don't understand the pairwise and B) don't like Vermont.

    Duly noted.
    "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

    Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

      Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      It's because their team is watching BC in March/April 90% of the time while their team is golfing (or in Vermont's case, Elephant Walking).
      Just curious are you gay (or better yet repressing those feelings) ? You do seem to like that reference alot....it's ok if you are just admit it..Jesus will still love you.
      Last edited by kdaddy; 03-24-2010, 07:27 PM.

      Comment


      • #93
        Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

        Really high on Nothern Michigan Right now. Oliver is a stud hands down one of the best players in country. Greger Hanson if he plays the way he did in the CCHA tournament St. CLoud is in trouble. With 6 guys in double digits in goal this team can strike at any time. its gunna come down to Stewart in net i feel.

        Comment


        • #94
          Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

          Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Simple Math. (C) Scooby
          He's too stupid to understand that...

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

            Originally posted by Hockeydkjr22 View Post
            Really high on Nothern Michigan Right now. Oliver is a stud hands down one of the best players in country. Greger Hanson if he plays the way he did in the CCHA tournament St. CLoud is in trouble. With 6 guys in double digits in goal this team can strike at any time. its gunna come down to Stewart in net i feel.
            O L V E R. There is no I in his name (contrary to how his brother played ).
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

            Live Radio from 100.3

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

              Originally posted by Hockeydkjr22 View Post
              Oliver is a stud hands down one of the best players in country. Greger Hanson if he plays the way he did in the CCHA tournament St. CLoud is in trouble. With 6 guys in double digits in goal this team can strike at any time. its gunna come down to Stewart in net i feel.
              He can't be that good if you don't know his name. His name is Mark Olver. I think the CCHA stands for the CupCake Hockey Association, but even I know the dude's name. And we had 5 guys with double digit goals, and our conference schedule doesn't include games against powerhouses like Western Michigan and Bowling Green.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

              Best USCHO quotes to date:

              "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

              "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

              "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

              Comment


              • #97
                Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

                Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                That person obviously can't answer.

                Because they're dead.

                Moron.
                Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
                Was it the "cheese eater" remark that got you all hot and bothered their sport? Perhaps you would be well served to Google the phrase "rhetorical question".

                ...and not for nuthin' there sport I thought I was being kind by referring to Badger fans as "cheese eaters" as opposed to inbred dolts from Jerkwater, Wisconsin or from what ever other midwest "square state" these bottom feeders hail.
                You need to reread what he said BB. I lived in New Hampshire for almost 3 years and I know people from Mass can be a little thick but dang dude!!!

                Comment


                • #98
                  Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

                  Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
                  OK is it just me or is there a vast lack of outrage over the inclusion for these frauds from the "Green Mountain State" earning a bid to this year's NCAA playoffs? I do not care how the teams are chosen (whether it be by Pair Wise rankings or by some elderly Hungarian woman reading tea leaves and searching a crystal ball) there is just NO WAY Vermont should have earned a bid! This is a team that finished in EIGHTH PLACE in Hockey East and had the second lowest number of in-conference wins. Even the team that finished in ninth place (Northeastern) had TWO MORE CONFERENCE WINS than the Catamounts! Apparently no one on the selection committee bothered to even attend but one Vermont game for if they had Vermont would never have passed the most reliable test of all: THE "EYEBALL" TEST! All one needed to do is see them play and that would have been enough to throw them into the heap with all the other "also rans"!

                  ...and please spare me any argument that their performance against New Hampshire was worthy of a bid. UNH has been fading faster than a winter tan over the past month and it will be of no surprise to see the 'cats bounced from tournament in short order.

                  I am sorry! There is just no way these mopes from Vermont were bid-worthy!
                  The 8th place in Hockey East argument is a joke considering that we were a mere 3 points (a win and a tie) out of home ice.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

                    Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
                    Wrong thread? Who died and left the little cheese-eater the moral authority of the thread? Did I miss a memo?

                    I actually got a kick out of your analysis of UVM though. Impressive are they? Well, much like the selection committee it appears the Badger-Boy here has never had the (dis)pleasure of seeing the Catamounts in person. Were they impressive in getting shutout against BC in the Hockey East semifinal? Were they impressive in their inability to beat Merrimack or UMass Lowell during the Hockey East season? Are you impressed by their nine (9) conference wins? How 'bout that tie against Providence in February? Was that impressive? What about they way they faded late in the season and just barely made it into the Hockey East playoffs? Was that impressive?

                    Too many better teams with far superior records were passed over in favor of these ne'er-do-wells.

                    So now do us all a favor and keep your piehole shut about where people choose to post their comments cheese eater.
                    Cheese eater. VT cheese is great but technically isn't Wisco the land of dairy?

                    Comment


                    • Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

                      So BeloBrasil signs up just so he can harass Vermont suporters? Who the heck could even dislike Vermont? What is there to hate about them. I guess maybe you could argue they are too liberal, but they do make killer ice cream there.

                      Someone needs to get a life.

                      Comment


                      • Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

                        Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
                        Wrong thread? Who died and left the little cheese-eater the moral authority of the thread? Did I miss a memo?

                        I actually got a kick out of your analysis of UVM though. Impressive are they? Well, much like the selection committee it appears the Badger-Boy here has never had the (dis)pleasure of seeing the Catamounts in person. Were they impressive in getting shutout against BC in the Hockey East semifinal? Were they impressive in their inability to beat Merrimack or UMass Lowell during the Hockey East season? Are you impressed by their nine (9) conference wins? How 'bout that tie against Providence in February? Was that impressive? What about they way they faded late in the season and just barely made it into the Hockey East playoffs? Was that impressive?

                        Too many better teams with far superior records were passed over in favor of these ne'er-do-wells.

                        So now do us all a favor and keep your piehole shut about where people choose to post their comments cheese eater.
                        Talk to me when a WCHA school wins an NCAA championship. Hasn't in the last few years. Fun fact: The last two seasons Vermont has lost in the post season, they have lost to the national champion. That will not be the case this season if Wisco beats VT. Wisco is going to lose to a Hockey East school somewhere down the line. Might as well get it over with early.

                        Comment


                        • Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

                          UND is cool though. Awesome jerseys and love the physical play.

                          Comment


                          • Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

                            Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
                            Cheese eater. VT cheese is great but technically isn't Wisco the land of dairy?
                            Wisconsin is known as, "America's dairyland".
                            A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                            Originally posted by MadCityRich
                            He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                            Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                            "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

                            Comment


                            • Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

                              Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
                              Talk to me when a WCHA school wins an NCAA championship. Hasn't in the last few years. Fun fact: The last two seasons Vermont has lost in the post season, they have lost to the national champion. That will not be the case this season if Wisco beats VT. Wisco is going to lose to a Hockey East school somewhere down the line. Might as well get it over with early.
                              Wisconsin won in '06. Granted, thats not exactly in the, "last few years" but its not all that long ago.
                              So far the omens are looking good for the UW:
                              As you said, the last to season Vermont has lost in the post season, they have lost to the national champion
                              Also, the last time that Wisconsin was the #1 seed in the West was '06, which was also the last time they won the national championship.
                              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                              Originally posted by MadCityRich
                              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

                              Comment


                              • Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

                                Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
                                Talk to me when a WCHA school wins an NCAA championship. Hasn't in the last few years. Fun fact: The last two seasons Vermont has lost in the post season, they have lost to the national champion. That will not be the case this season if Wisco beats VT. Wisco is going to lose to a Hockey East school somewhere down the line. Might as well get it over with early.

                                When Hockey East wins their 36th National Championship, come talk to us WCHAers...And Wisconsin can concievably only face 1 HE team, and have a mini WCHA tourney the rest of the way..
                                In any sport, the anticipation of what might happen, is almost as important as what actually happens. ~Bob Costas
                                "It's a great day for hockey."~"Badger" Bob Johnson

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X