Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Did they announce attendance at the game? It felt a little light. Maybe 6-8k? I'll probably go try to look it up. Do they even publish it for regionals?

We only made the 1st game as my pregnant wife was very tired and needed to come home. Good first game, though

EDIT: That was a quick search; I found this on CollegeHockeyStats.net: 13,113. Oops I meant this and the number is more like what I saw: 7,281. Better than the number they posted for Cloud/NMU I'm still interested to see if they announced it at the game and if that was the number.
    Last edited by redheadzeb; 03-27-2010, 12:43 AM. Reason: I can't read for comprehension
    Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
    Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Originally posted by Hockeydkjr22 View Post
      had 2 end on a pp. Tough loss for NMU. 5-5 loved the action just wished the refs would have kept the whistles away
      I agree with this. In OT and the last few minutes of the 3rd the only thing that should be called is a blatant double minor or major. Neither of the NMU Penalties were worthy of a call. Props to SCSU for winning the Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by dolan View Post
        I agree with this. In OT and the last few minutes of the 3rd the only thing that should be called is a blatant double minor or major. Neither of the NMU Penalties were worthy of a call. Props to SCSU for winning the Oscar.
        This could be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. The referees should NEVER put away their whistles.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
          ts8801;4720585 What has the AHA or CHA done to make anyone think of them as something other than a second class conference...

Well let me think... Hmmmmm. How about Bemidji's wins over Notre Dame and Cornell during last year's tourney? What about Air Force's defeat of Michigan during last year's tourney. I see UAH beat Notre Dame this year. I also see Bentley beat (then nationally ranked) UMass-Amherst in December. I also note Sacred Heart's win over Union.

...and what about lowly lil Robert Morris? They only managed victories against Alaska-Anchorage, Quinnipiac, and then they topped it all off with a two game sweep of Miami in January.

...and in basketball there is NO WAY Northern Iowa can beat Kansas or Butler can beat Syracuse. Just no way at all! Kansas and Syracuse are just way too strong. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
          Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
          Well let me think... Hmmmmm. How about Bemidji's wins over Notre Dame and Cornell during last year's tourney? What about Air Force's defeat of Michigan during last year's tourney. I see UAH beat Notre Dame this year. I also see Bentley beat (then nationally ranked) UMass-Amherst in December. I also note Sacred Heart's win over Union.

...and what about lowly lil Robert Morris? They only managed victories against Alaska-Anchorage, Quinnipiac, and then they topped it all off with a two game sweep of Miami in January.

...and in basketball there is NO WAY Northern Iowa can beat Kansas or Butler can beat Syracuse. Just no way at all! Kansas and Syracuse are just way too strong. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
          first of if your education has done so much for you why cant you A know how to quote someone ore B know how to delete a post.

And congratulations they have one one game... when I said they haven't dont anything to make them other than a second class conference I was referring to being able to win more than one game in the nat'l tourney.. how many nat'l champion teams have those conferences had?

Winning one game against someone doesn't prove much especially in a sport like hockey where a goalie can stand on his head and take his team from out of the tourney to the regional champ game (see umd 08-09) or the final four (see bsu 08-09)

basically any team on any night can get hot and win a game, **** do you think the 1980 us olympic team would have beat the USSR team if they played 99 more times?
          Originally posted by Mankato student
          Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
          "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
          -- Peter Klein

Comment

are you kidding me so if a player is on a break away to score the game winning goal just hook the crap out of him or pull him down, that wouldn't affect the outcome of the game.

You sir are approaching belobrasil levels of stupidity
            "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
            -- Peter Klein

Comment

I must agree, I thought the officials during the sconny and vermont game were brutal. I know that Northern Michigan fans will cry foul about the penalties during OT, but I thought they did a good job during regulation and of course OT

Comment

There was no attendance announced at the game that I heard.

If the X holds 18000, then maybe it was 6000. The upper most deck wasn't used at all. 3rd deck was spotty, luxury boxes, too. The lower bowl was maybe half full.

UVM hung in there but too many mistakes - especially penalties at bad times (I.e. Negating power plays - and that series of icings that just stopped them from getting any momentum.

That said, good job by Bucky capitalizing and controlling play. Madore kept UVM in it.
                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                ---
                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                  There was no attendance announced at the game that I heard.

If the X holds 18000, then maybe it was 6000. The upper most deck wasn't used at all. 3rd deck was spotty, luxury boxes, too. The lower bowl was maybe half full.
                  7300 was attendance. Not great but certainly better than Albany (4300) and I'm guessing that'll be better than Ft. Wayne tomorrow.

Comment

With fans coming and going between the two games, I can see 7300...

Still, that wouldn't have filled Mariucci. And I was surprised there weren't more UW students. Only about 50/75 by the band.

Of course, UVM didn't even bother with a mascot, much less the band...
                    St. Norbert College Green Knights
                    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                    ---
                    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

I usually don't bristle at all at the cost of tickets, but for some reason I thought the price for tickets to the all 3 of the games was a bit steep. That's a surefire way to minimize attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by HCSmooth View Post
                        I usually don't bristle at all at the cost of tickets, but for some reason I thought the price for tickets to the all 3 of the games was a bit steep. That's a surefire way to minimize attendance.
                        Agreed, I thought 30-35/ticket woulda brought in alot more people, 47 was pretty steep, but i'm sure not complaining after getting to watch us finally break the drought

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                          This could be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. The referees should NEVER put away their whistles.
                          Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                          are you kidding me so if a player is on a break away to score the game winning goal just hook the crap out of him or pull him down, that wouldn't affect the outcome of the game.

You sir are approaching belobrasil levels of stupidity
                          Allow me to correct what I said originally. "Blatant" minors only + double minors & majors. Neither of the penalties called tonight in OT should have been called. Period. The game was at such a nice flow 4 on 4 and 5 on 5 that it's a shame to see those terrible penalties called to hand SCSU the game. I'm not saying I didn't want to see SCSU to win, the more WCHA teams the merrier. But I can understand why a NMU fan would be upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeydkjr22 View Post
                            had 2 end on a pp. Tough loss for NMU. 5-5 loved the action just wished the refs would have kept the whistles away
                            What are you talking about? They put the whistles away with 5 minutes left in the 3rd period and then only called the two on NMU when there was nearly blood on the ice! Kyle even said the penalties were legit calls and the NMU players in the postgame interview mentioned that the officials put the whistles away late in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand View Post
                              Yup...Huskies won the Friday games, Badgers won the Saturday games.....

BTW...what day is tomorrow????
                              I prefer to think of it as the Huskies won game 1's of the series, Badgers won game 2's. Saturday is game 1 of the Huskies/Badgers series this weekend.

Comment

Allow me to correct what I said originally. "Blatant" minors only + double minors & majors. Neither of the penalties called tonight in OT should have been called. Period. The game was at such a nice flow 4 on 4 and 5 on 5 that it's a shame to see those terrible penalties called to hand SCSU the game. I'm not saying I didn't want to see SCSU to win, the more WCHA teams the merrier. But I can understand why a NMU fan would be upset.
                                K i was a little inebriated for the game but as i remember the last penalty; scsu had a 3 on 2 and a nmu player grabbed the 3rd scsu player by the shoulder and pulled him down from behind... what about that isnt a penalty
                                -- Peter Klein

Comment

Working...
                                X