Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
    What has the AHA or CHA done to make anyone think of them as something other than a second class conference...

Well let me think... Hmmmmm. How about Bemidji's wins over Notre Dame and Cornell during last year's tourney? What about Air Force's defeat of Michigan during last year's tourney. I see UAH beat Notre Dame this year. I also see Bentley beat (then nationally ranked) UMass-Amherst in December. I also note Sacred Heart's win over Union.

...and what about lowly lil Robert Morris? They only managed victories against Alaska-Anchorage, Quinnipiac, and then they topped it all off with a two game sweep of Miami in January.
    But as you have said, you have to look at the season in totality. UAH beat ND this year, did they only play one game?

Apparently, SH only played one game too, against Union?

Not too mention with the exception of Miami how many of the teams that got beat this year by SH, RM, AFA, UAH made it to the tourney??
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
      What has the AHA or CHA done to make anyone think of them as something other than a second class conference...

Well let me think... Hmmmmm. How about Bemidji's wins over Notre Dame and Cornell during last year's tourney? What about Air Force's defeat of Michigan during last year's tourney. I see UAH beat Notre Dame this year. I also see Bentley beat (then nationally ranked) UMass-Amherst in December. I also note Sacred Heart's win over Union.

...and what about lowly lil Robert Morris? They only managed victories against Alaska-Anchorage, Quinnipiac, and then they topped it all off with a two game sweep of Miami in January.

...and in basketball there is NO WAY Northern Iowa can beat Kansas or Butler can beat Syracuse. Just no way at all! Kansas and Syracuse are just way too strong. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
      "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

...and in basketball there is NO WAY Northern Iowa can beat Kansas or Butler can beat Syracuse. Just no way at all! Kansas and Syracuse are just way too strong. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
        It's a one and done tournament, anything can happen. But, RMU over Miami is the only truly surprising one of the season. It doesn't matter what they were "then ranked"

Union, UMass, QPac, UAA, and Notre Dame are not in the tournament. The only thing I'll give you is RMU over Miami. That's not enough to warrant 3 possible autobids to the NCAA tournament.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Lastly, if I were inclined to puffery (Google this word mope) I would claim Harvard, Yale, and Dartmouth pedigree. Since I am not so inclined I will advise that I most assuredly attended the "blue collar" Ivy school, the "working man's" Ivy school, the "military-friendly" Ivy school, and the best **** school in the whole Ivy League - CORNELL! ...and if you don't believe me I will send you a picture of my chest scars for each time my alma mater has ripped out my heart.
          Talk about an oxymoron: "blue collar Ivy League"?
          There is nothing blue collar about any Ivy League school; just a different level of pretentiousness among them. It sounds like you possess a great amount of Ivy-envy!

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
            Talk about an oxymoron: "blue collar Ivy League"?
            There is nothing blue collar about any Ivy League school; just a different level of pretentiousness among them. It sounds like you possess a great amount of Ivy-envy!
            For you to claim any such thing is simply proof positive that you know less than nothing about any of the Ivy League schools. Perhaps if you actually knew something about Cornell you would know that Cornell is a land grant institution and that several of the undergraduate "schools" (as they are refered to at Cornell) are overseen by the New York State Board of Regents and are in fact de facto State of New York public schools. The School of Industrial and Labor Relations, Human Ecology, Agriculture and Life Sciences, and Veterinary Studies are all de facto state schools at Cornell with New York State residents receiving discounts on their tuition.

Now, go back and re-read what I just posted there Bucky. Notice I mentioned Agriculture and Life Sciences and Veterinary Medicine. That means we had cows on campus. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH. I said "COWS"! Tell me do those who hail from your corn-pone state get all excited at the mere mention of anything bovine? I'll bet they do.
            "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

For you to claim any such thing is simply proof positive that you know less than nothing about any of the Ivy League schools. Perhaps if you actually knew something about Cornell you would know that Cornell is a land grant institution and that several of the undergraduate "schools" (as they are refered to at Cornell) are overseen by the New York State Board of Regents and are in fact de facto State of New York public schools. The School of Industrial and Labor Relations, Human Ecology, Agriculture and Life Sciences, and Veterinary Studies are all de facto state schools at Cornell with New York State residents receiving discounts on their tuition.

Now, go back and re-read what I just posted there Bucky. Notice I mentioned Agriculture and Life Sciences and Veterinary Medicine. That means we had cows on campus. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH. I said "COWS"! Tell me do those who hail from your corn-pone state get all excited at the mere mention of anything bovine? I'll bet they do.
              Hey Belo???
              It's rerally not nice to talk about your own co-eds like that...
              In any sport, the anticipation of what might happen, is almost as important as what actually happens. ~Bob Costas
              "It's a great day for hockey."~"Badger" Bob Johnson

Comment

Wow, I didn't know that the Ivy League had a "safety school".

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                  No one designates anything. You EARN an RPI number based on your record against other teams. No one says any conference is weaker......its based on the numbers. Do you think the RPI is something that the NCAA assigns teams?

That's the stupidest idea I have ever heard. So tell me why I would schedule OOC games against anyone other then AIC, Bentley or UAH?? Heck why play any OOC games at all? And why have at large bids? May as well just take the league champs and put them in a double elimination tournament.
                  Jesus Christ you really are stupid and naive. Wake up and take a look at the state of Division I college hockey mope. 2010 has brought us the demise of the CHA. In recent years we have seen Wayne State University and Findlay Universtiy drop their programs. Bowling Green has been considering dropping its program for some time and it would not surprise me in the least to read very soon that Providence may also be considering the same. Time will only tell what will happen to UAH as an independent.

Hockey is an ultra-expensive endeavor for many schools and the one sure way to justify the continued existence of any program is a program's ability to make money. So, why would anyone schedule games against anyone other than AIC, Bentley, and UAH? I will tell you why mope. 'cause quality opponents mean significant revenue and at the end of the day a program's ability to make money is the only thing that will save it. Just look at Ohio State Universtiy. They just fired their coach who, by all assessments, had a pretty good run out there at Columbus. However, the OSU hockey team did not draw well so someone had to pay. Attendance counts mope and the best way to draw patrons is scheduling quality opponents.

As for your contention that no one says any conference is weaker is an utter fabrication. You know, I know, and everyone who is a college hockey fan knows the AHA and the now defunct CHA are considered weaker conferences and the shabby manner in which they are treated is a disgrace. If the NCAA continues to downgrade programs like those of the AHA and the CHA they will never allow those programs to cultivate the goodwill necessary for long term survival and we will continue to be fed a steady diet of unworthy teams like Vermont. Please. Vermont had one (1) quality win over an out-of-conference opponent and that was Denver. Yale, Dartmouth, and St. Lawrence are ECAC teams and thus were weaker opponents, and Minnesota-Duluth can't be considered a quality team for despite their superior record they just were not bid worthy. So at the end of the day, mope, you hang your hat on one Denver victory. Way to grow the sport and a hell of a way to run a railroad.
                  Last edited by BeloBrasil; 03-26-2010, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
                    Wow, I didn't know that the Ivy League had a "safety school".
                    Well, now you know. Of course not all safety schools are equal. Even though my alma mater is considered the door mat of the Ivy League (and I wear the disdain of the other Ivy schools proudly) I am of the mind that its still light years ahead of any of the schools out there in corn-pone country.

and the cow says "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Bucky!

Comment

Well, now you know. Of course not all safety schools are equal. Even though my alma mater is considered the door mat of the Ivy League (and I wear the disdain of the other Ivy schools proudly) I am of the mind that its still light years ahead of any of the schools out there in corn-pone country.

It appears that a team OTHER than Vermont may not have deserved their bid. Next time just worry about your own team.

Nice showing, Corndog.

Comment

had 2 end on a pp. Tough loss for NMU. 5-5 loved the action just wished the refs would have kept the whistles away

Comment

So which residence hall at Cornell are you responsible for cleaning, anyway?
                          Originally posted by solovsfett
                          To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Does anyone know of a video link for this game? I don't have ESPNU
                            I love hockey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Punudski View Post
                              Does anyone know of a video link for this game? I don't have ESPNU
                              Video? Hell, I'd settle for radio. 1070 has girls state bouncyball on.
                              Originally posted by solovsfett
                              To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
                                Video? Hell, I'd settle for radio. 1070 has girls state bouncyball on.
                                1310 has the audio of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X