Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Originally posted by billb View Post
    Good luck, BC, from a UNH alumnus. A BC win makes all HE fans happy.
    Thanks from a BC fan. I was hoping to mingle with UNH people in Detroit.
    sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
      Lets Go BC! Hockey East! Represent!
      Although a loss would certainly spark some entertaining reading from Carmine as to how and why BC is the far superior team. Either way its a win/win for all Hockey East fans.

Comment

Originally posted by massattack49 View Post
        Being a Umass fan,It certainly doesn't make me happy. I would love to see Yale embarrass BC in front of a home crowd.
        I'd expect this from a UMASS fan. I'm O.K. with the rest of HE but if the UMASS knuckleheads aren't on our side... I really have no problem wit dat. O.K. I'm off to a wine tasting and then to the game... GO EAGLES!!!
        sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
          you couldn't be more wrong regarding this HE fan. Go Yale!
          Wrong. You are a jealous BU fan, not a HE fan.
          "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
          Larry David

Comment

Trying to be objective, why do you think BC or Yale will win today?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Only because he openly stated here what was a common feeling at the cocoon known as siouxsports.com.
              Common feeling? Hardly.
              The majority of posters on ss.com are giving credit to Yale after a good game.

Did most of them expect to beat Yale? I would imagine so, but I'm not seeing these posts saying that Yale didn't deserve the win. Perhaps your maroon-colored glasses are showing you something that I don't see with my green-colored ones?
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by massattack49 View Post
                Being a Umass fan,It certainly doesn't make me happy. I would love to see Yale embarrass BC in front of a home crowd.
                I guess a UMass fan knows a lot about watching embarrassments in front of their home crowd.
                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                  I guess a UMass fan knows a lot about watching embarrassments in front of their home crowd.
                  Bingo.
                  National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                  two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                  b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

• Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                    Common feeling?
                    Comments about not playing the first 40 minutes rather than simply acknowledging the good play of Yale were very, very, very common. Given my history of being quite fair I think maroon-colored glasses have nothing to do with it.
                    Last edited by Slap Shot; 03-28-2010, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Comments about not playing the first 40 minutes rather than simply acknowledging the good play of Yale were very, very, very common. Given my history of being quite fair I think maroon-colored glasses have nothing to do with it.
                      I would say it was a combo of both.
                      UND didn't skate too well for 40 minutes and Yale bottled them up effectively and transitioned very well.
                      You're not fair!
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                        In my opinion a turning point in the game. It was simply a great play by our captain Ryan Donald.
                        That and the missed penalty shot.
                        The hit from behind/boarding could have/should have been a 5 minute major (watch the replay).
                        Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Yale doesn't deserve much credit? That's the ultimate sign of a sore loser. Yes, they were opportunistic, but Yale played very well. They can skate and they also matched the physical play. Great game to watch. No shame in UND losing to be honest with you.

Turd.
                        Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        you are a discredit to your team's great fan base. i would bet almost every single one of them cringed when they read your absurd post. you are a sore loser. i just wonder how you act when the Sioux wins.............
                        I see words but all I read is "Blah blah blah..." Just because I say what 90% of fans are thinking makes me the bad person? Did I not wish Yale luck today? Oh wait, I think I did. Yup, real sore loser I am. I just stated the simple fact that we didn't show up. Everyone who watched saw that. Congrats to Yale for taking advantage of that, but we are the better team. Sorry.

Comment

Turnovers and mediocre goaltending are killing Yale. I want to say that this game is pretty much over because BC doesn't give up leads but after watching BU and Miami last year, I guess anything is possible. Except I don't believe that BC will cough this one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot Rep Giver
                            Keep crying, *****. Your Fighting Sues got schooled by a much better, much faster, and more skilled team. UND could have brought their A game, and they still would have gotten dominated. Enjoy taking it up the *** from the Ivy League all summer .
                            Now this has got to be the funniest thing i've read all year. Thanks for the laugh!!!! If we would have brought our "A game", it would have been a 8-3, 9-2 Sioux game. Sorry.

Comment

I must, once again, quote The Office:

I do not fear the unknown. I will meet my new challenges head on and I will succeed. And I will laugh in the face of those who doubt me. It's been a pleasure working with some of you and I will not forget those of you soon. But remember, while today it is me, we all shall fall.

-Dwight Schrute

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                                Turnovers and mediocre goaltending are killing Yale. I want to say that this game is pretty much over because BC doesn't give up leads but after watching BU and Miami last year, I guess anything is possible. Except I don't believe that BC will cough this one up.
                                Mail it in. This is too much to over come, particularly with shot confidence.

EDIT: Time for me to eat crow: 4-6
                                Last edited by Stories; 03-28-2010, 06:04 PM. Reason: Crow
                                Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                                Boston University '06/'08
                                Yale University '13

Comment

Working...
                                X