Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
    I seriously doubt it after the battle Alaska gave them this afternoon. The lesson they likely learned may end up being the best thing for them.
    Regarding that lesson you speak of: Isn't that what we said after the HE final against Maine? This team needs production from its first two lines.
    sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
      and from what I hear BC may be as fast (please don't say faster ) than Yale.
      Faster.
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
        Faster.
        but on that terrible ice surface, we'll see. i don't ever remember so many times that players just fell for no reason or the puck just popping up in the air, it was no advantage for BC to be sure but , hey, they both have to play on it . it neutralized BC's speed and since Yale also is fast we'll see who can muck it out.......

Comment

I completely agree. Problem is, before the game, UND thought it was a good deal as they gave Yale no chance.
          fans maybe, not the players. The sioux play it one game at a time. no way they looked past Yale. If you want to crow, crow at the fans, they deserve it, not the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
            Thats the point. They got outworked because they didn't think they had to work that hard because Yale wasn't a formidable opponent.

While we can't prove it, it seems like that was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
              fans maybe, not the players. The sioux play it one game at a time. no way they looked past Yale. If you want to crow, crow at the fans, they deserve it, not the players.
              UND sleptwalked through the first two periods and didn't start to play until they went down 3-0. They also played stupid hockey. Killing a potential 5 x 3 with a stupid hitting from behind penalty, etc. I thought both North Dakota and BC were caught looking ahead to eachother.

What surprised me was that Yale won that game and only took 23 shots on net. I dont think Eidsness was soft but if someone told me Yale would only have 23 shots on net, I would have guessed UND would have won 5-2 or something. Yale's ride probably ends today but they certainly made the ECAC look good yesterday.
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
                Couldn't agree more with you.
                As a college athelete, I can't remember ever looking past the next opponent.
                Now as an out of shape college sports fan, I do it all the time (ie. Yale's first round ECAC loss to Brown).
                -------------
                Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                  Killing a potential 5 x 3 with a stupid hitting from behind penalty, etc.
                  In my opinion a turning point in the game. It was simply a great play by our captain Ryan Donald.
                  That and the missed penalty shot.
                  The hit from behind/boarding could have/should have been a 5 minute major (watch the replay).
                  -------------
                  Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Question for you Yalers

Same goalie tonight against BC, or a different one? Do you guys even want a different goalie?
                    Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                    when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                    "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

In my opinion a turning point in the game. It was simply a great play by our captain Ryan Donald.
                      That and the missed penalty shot.
                      The hit from behind/boarding could have/should have been a 5 minute major (watch the replay).
                      The ref should have blown the whistle before it even got to that point. Donald was just standing above the puck by the boards for 3 seconds. In that case, the ref needs to blow the whistle, which would have prevented Gregoire's stupid penalty to begin with.
                      That, and it appeared to me that Donald "sold" that penalty a bit.
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Congrats to Yale. Thanks for representing the ECACHL well. Keep it up!

Go Eli!

Comment

Didn't get a chance to post it last night, but add my congrats to Yale. For at least 50 minutes yesterday the Bulldogs were the better team, and certainly deserved the win. Good luck against BC, and in the rest of the tournament.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I don't know if there's a local Boston TV option for today's game. Comcast SportsNet has the Celtics tonight, so they can't do it. Maybe someone will step up. Maybe NESN?
                            Chris V
                            Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                              I don't know if there's a local Boston TV option for today's game. Comcast SportsNet has the Celtics tonight, so they can't do it. Maybe someone will step up. Maybe NESN?
                              IIRC... The regional final should be on ESPNU?
                              Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                              http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                              Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                              Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                              Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                              All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

• Players are as human as fans and to say they would never look past an opponent is pretty naive. That said, I think saying the sole reason for the 3-0 deficit was UND not coming to play doesn't give enough credit to the Yale players and coaches. They were a senior led team, I thought they did a great job of preventing UND from creating any kind of consistent flow and iirc they were the highest #3 seed in the tourney, meaning this wasn't a slouch team.

Comment

Working...
                                X