Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
    I completely agree. Problem is, before the game, UND thought it was a good deal as they gave Yale no chance.
    The players thought that? I doubt it.
    They just got outworked in the 1st and 2nd.

Yale has wheels and are great in transition.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
      Bingo. I hope BC doesn't do the same tomorrow or they will be sent packing too.
      I seriously doubt it after the battle Alaska gave them this afternoon. The lesson they likely learned may end up being the best thing for them.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
        Bingo. I hope BC doesn't do the same tomorrow or they will be sent packing too.
        I suspect you guys won't.
        I also liked Yale's matchup against UND much more than I like the matchup against BC. Yale has played very well this years versus larger, more physical, but slightly slower teams (Cornell, Ferris, Wisconsin). We haven't played as well when we don't have a quickness advantage, and from what I hear BC may be as fast (please don't say faster ) than Yale.
        -------------
        Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

Thats the point. They got outworked because they didn't think they had to work that hard because Yale wasn't a formidable opponent.

While we can't prove it, it seems like that was the case.
          BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
          National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
          Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

I don't think the UND players thought that, just like I don't think the Yale players thought they got short end of stick with the draw.

Yale fans on the other hand had fair complaints about draw, while UND fans, simply assumed it didn't matter who they played. That was my point.
            -------------
            Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Watching both BC and UND today, I would have to say UND played better than and skated much better than BC. the physical edge UND enjoyed was formidable against Yale, people in the crowd were laughing at how hard Yale was getting hit and Yale gave it right back in the form of goals. I think tomorrow should be a close and hard fought game.

Oh BTW See you next year Cross Cheque
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

I know this has probably been covered a billion times in this thread...

But will tomorrow's Yale vs. BC matchup be televised? Or is it just ESPN360? Really want to watch this one tomorrow
                Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
                  I know this has probably been covered a billion times in this thread...

But will tomorrow's Yale vs. BC matchup be televised? Or is it just ESPN360? Really want to watch this one tomorrow
                  espnu @ 5:30

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                    espnu @ 5:30
                    ty

good luck to both teams

but really.... more good luck to Yale
                    Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                    when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                    "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

So the Frozen Four will be an all-ecompassing group. There will be a WCHA team, CCHA squad, AH team and either HE/ECAC.

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
                        but really.... more good luck to Yale
                        As a BU alum, it would make my day for my (2nd) grad school to defeat BC
                        Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                        Boston University '06/'08
                        Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                          I suspect you guys won't.
                          I also liked Yale's matchup against UND much more than I like the matchup against BC. Yale has played very well this years versus larger, more physical, but slightly slower teams (Cornell, Ferris, Wisconsin). We haven't played as well when we don't have a quickness advantage, and from what I hear BC may be as fast (please don't say faster ) than Yale.
                          BC has a very similar forward make up to Yale: they have fast, skilled, small guys. But they also have fast, skilled, bigger guys. Their forwards have the advantage. Fortunately for Yale, BC's d-men are young and prone to making some mistakes, so the forecheck will be the best weapon tomorrow against the Eagles.

It's anyone's game. Let's hope for a competitive one.
                          Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                          Boston University '06/'08
                          Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by richl49 View Post
                            So the Frozen Four will be an all-ecompassing group. There will be a WCHA team, CCHA squad, AH team and either HE/ECAC.
                            I can't wait to see the semi final matchups. RIT is not your usual #4 seed as their ranking was #20 USCHO and they knocked off DU and UNH.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              Watching both BC and UND today, I would have to say UND played better than and skated much better than BC. the physical edge UND enjoyed was formidable against Yale, people in the crowd were laughing at how hard Yale was getting hit and Yale gave it right back in the form of goals. I think tomorrow should be a close and hard fought game.

Really? Despite the fact UND didn't decide to show up until the 3rd period to try and make it a game? Then again, I will admit that I didn't watch the BC game.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post

Yeah, the way BC played today wasn't BC's best game. Definitely not reflective of our forward group at their best.
                                BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                                National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                                Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X