Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Good morning everyone, here we go another interesting day! With yesterday's outcomes I'm feeling a little more nervous. I was really surprised by Denver's loss. Wow! It will be interesting to see how RIT does in the next game. RIT looked good, fast, and Denver looked sluggish. I wonder what happened to them? That's weird.

Reffing doesn't look to be letting much go! I would like to be able to see who the refs are and where they are from. I guess I haven't paid attention, but have they announced who they are before the games started?

It's probably been talked about somewhere, but who are the Yale players to watch, any snipers? How is Yale's goal tending?
    Proud to be Fighting Sioux !

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
      Does the NCAA mandate that BC has to stay in a local Worcester hotel like the other three teams, or are they free to stay back at Chestnut Hill and 'commute?'
      I don't know if it's mandated by the NCAA but the Eagles were practicing on the DCU ice yesterday and staying in Worcester Friday (and Saturday)night.
      sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Who's going to lunch in Worcester before the first game? Where ya goin???
        sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

A reminder that I'll be live blogging all of the Worcester games.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
            we have Dirty in our fanbase. That drags us down to the bottom of classiness.
            I put the ass in classy.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

does UAF have a radio station that is broadcasting this game? not sure if I'll have access to a computer but I have an iPhone app that will stream internet radio. unfortunately bc only offers the cstv online stream which is not compatible..

Comment

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
                does UAF have a radio station that is broadcasting this game? not sure if I'll have access to a computer but I have an iPhone app that will stream internet radio. unfortunately bc only offers the cstv online stream which is not compatible..
                Not sure but this is the UAF radio station.
                http://ksua.uaf.edu/

Looks like GCI is broadcasting statewide.

It might be another 20years before either team makes it to NCAA tourny so I'm forced to cheer for Alaska to meet UND.

Comment

91.5 on the FM station Checkers should be calling the game. I have not checked their broadcast schedule however I just can't see them not having it he travels all over the U.S. with them would be under the assumption it will be the same.

Best of luck to all the teams today. "However" GO NOOKS just a little bit more. If S.G. plays to his potential B.C. is going to be in for a little Suprise.

It is interesting that UAF plays the early game but hey that about sums up the situation when any team from AK plays East of B.C. Two years again 18 Midget Nationals they scheduled my team for a 0800 game in Amherst NY needless to say playing at 4:00AM did not go well after a 14 hour flight. No excuses just sucked! I think if we ever have a chance to host an East Coast Team we shall play at 12:00AM AST just for a little fun.
                  "Coach" Coach" I need a shift off I got no legs! No kidding your official hockey name just changed from Drill Killer to Minus 6.

Comment

Originally posted by No Legs View Post
                    Best of luck to all the teams today. "However" GO NOOKS just a little bit more. If S.G. plays to his potential B.C. is going to be in for a little Suprise.
                    I'm all for optimism for fans' home teams, but I wouldn't count on it. The RIT-Denver game yesterday was the worst thing that could have possibly happened for the Nooks or any of the underdogs. An object lesson on the need to come to play, no matter who the opponent is. BC will be ready.
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                    BC - 12
                    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorth View Post
                      Good morning everyone, here we go another interesting day! With yesterday's outcomes I'm feeling a little more nervous. I was really surprised by Denver's loss. Wow! It will be interesting to see how RIT does in the next game. RIT looked good, fast, and Denver looked sluggish. I wonder what happened to them? That's weird.

Reffing doesn't look to be letting much go! I would like to be able to see who the refs are and where they are from. I guess I haven't paid attention, but have they announced who they are before the games started?

It's probably been talked about somewhere, but who are the Yale players to watch, any snipers? How is Yale's goal tending?
                      Yale is very dangerous offensively, Key players include

Broc Little
                      Denny Kearney
                      Andrew Miller
                      Brian O'neill
                      MarK Arcobello

They lead the country in Goals Per Game and are 1st or second in PP%
                      However their goaltending isnt great5
                      Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by yhforlife View Post
                        Yale is very dangerous offensively, Key players include

Broc Little
                        Denny Kearney
                        Andrew Miller
                        Brian O'neill
                        MarK Arcobello

They lead the country in Goals Per Game and are 1st or second in PP%
                        However their goaltending isnt great5
                        Thanks! I found some info in our local newspaper too and Yale sounds dangerous, out shooting teams, etc. I hope Brad Eidsness (our goalie) slept good last night. lol

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/155743/
                        Proud to be Fighting Sioux !

Comment

Best of luck to BC and their fans today....go HE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra View Post
                            It might be another 20years before either team makes it to NCAA tourny so I'm forced to cheer for Alaska to meet UND.
                            This sentence makes it sound like you think UND won't be back for another 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                              I'm all for optimism for fans' home teams, but I wouldn't count on it. The RIT-Denver game yesterday was the worst thing that could have possibly happened for the Nooks or any of the underdogs. An object lesson on the need to come to play, no matter who the opponent is. BC will be ready.
                              UAF has been off for a couple weeks now, so I do worry about how they will start an early-morning east coast game against one of the best offensive teams in the nation. If they can weather the first 10 minutes I think they will be OK. The Nanooks are not as strong as BC or UND, but a win would be no more shocking than a mid-level Hockey East team beating Boston College and not on the scale or RIT topping Denver IMO.

Comment

Is any of the TV/video coverage available online somewhere?
                                Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X