Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Ha, I think the video has already been posted here, but I actually really enjoyed the thread itself...

Comment

I'm very anxious for this weekend, it should be great hockey games to watch. I predict (of course my home team) UND beats Yale, 4 to 2, and then goes on to beat BC, but I'm hoping Alaska beats them (wishful thinking). If we beat Yale and go on to play (presumably) BC, I think it's our turn to win, score 3 to 2. It would be sad to lose especially with UND playing so well right now. So that's what I'm hoping for anyway, we'll see. Should be fun! Good Luck to everyone!
      Proud to be Fighting Sioux !

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        It's not his fault. IIRC, PCM went to USD or SDSU...
        Yeah, that's the ticket! I is a graduate uv USD!
        Last edited by PCM; 03-26-2010, 01:14 PM.
        Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorth View Post
          I'm very anxious for this weekend, it should be great hockey games to watch. I predict (of course my home team) UND beats Yale, 4 to 2, and then goes on to beat BC, but I'm hoping Alaska beats them (wishful thinking). If we beat Yale and go on to play (presumably) BC, I think it's our turn to win, score 3 to 2. It would be sad to lose especially with UND playing so well right now. So that's what I'm hoping for anyway, we'll see. Should be fun! Good Luck to everyone!
          I read an earlier post where a BC fan predicted the Eagles would win, saying it would be sad if they didn't.

So like, NOW what?

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
            It's come full circle, because the Gophers are, now, an island of misfit Minnesotans that nobody wants on their pro teams.

Best post so far!
            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by bik4u62 View Post
              I read an earlier post where a BC fan predicted the Eagles would win, saying it would be sad if they didn't.

So like, NOW what?
              Ha ha, Good point - I don't know? I guess it would be sad for anyone to lose at this point. Last year the Sioux ended in a very sad, frustrating ending, so we need a happy ending this time. But then again most everyone can say that too, so well...........

I wish that all postseason games were more than a one game shot, especially the FF games, cuz one game doesn't necessarily determine who the best team is. Even the best teams can have an occasional crappy game. I would like to see at least the championship FF game be a 3 game series.

Comment

So like, NOW what?
                Well, the thing is, both teams are red hot heading into this game...BC is 13-2-1 in its last 16 and UND is 12-1 in its last 13. It's a shame one of them will be missing out on the Frozen Four, especially since they both have had so much momentum and both won their respective conference tournaments (in two of the toughest, if not the two toughest, conferences). Nobody in the country has been playing better than BC or UND.
                Boston College '12
                1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                  Well, the thing is, both teams are red hot heading into this game...BC is 13-2-1 in its last 16 and UND is 12-1 in its last 13. It's a shame one of them will be missing out on the Frozen Four, especially since they both have had so much momentum and both won their respective conference tournaments (in two of the toughest, if not the two toughest, conferences). Nobody in the country has been playing better than BC or UND.
                  RIT is 10-0-0 in its last 10 and 14-2-0 in its last 16. Of course, they play in the AHA, so...

Edit: And Michigan's 6-0-0 in its last 6 and 8-1-0 in its last 9. Not saying either of them are or aren't playing better than BC or UND; just pointing out that there are other very hot teams right now.

Double edit: Just realized you're from Billerica. Did you go to the high school? What year did you graduate? Class of '07 right here.
                  Last edited by Federal League; 03-26-2010, 01:39 PM.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

So like, NOW what?
                    Exactly. I think the pairwise, pairings, is a very frustrating process, and doesn't always seem fair to everyone.

Comment

Yeah, its a shame that 12 out of the 16 teams won't make the Frozen Four.....

Its the national tournament. Good teams are going to face other good teams. Its the best of the best.
                      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post

Its the national tournament. Good teams are going to face other good teams. Its the best of the best.
                        [John Madden] If you don't beat the teams on your schedule, you're not going to be very successful. [/John Madden]
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                          [John Madden] If you don't beat the teams on your schedule, you're not going to be very successful. [/John Madden]
                          If any of these teams can win their next four games, they have a good shot at winning the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post

. . . .
                            And it's a shame that 15 of these teams will lose their last game.

Trivia question: which team, other than the winner of the Frozen Four will not end their season with a loss?

Comment

I looked at it this way,

2 wins and you're in the Frozen Four
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                                And it's a shame that 15 of these teams will lose their last game.

Trivia question: which team, other than the winner of the Frozen Four will not end their season with a loss?
                                Providence and Brown.

Comment

Working...
                                X