Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

The problem with giving a size up of Yale against NDU is probably the fact that I have never seen you guys play. I can only compare them to who I have seen and when Yale is "on" offensively it is a sight to behold, they basically forecheck the other team into submission, constantly cycling the puck and for chances in front of the net. They also have very fast first and second liners who will break out on odd man rushes often. Their passing game is excellent as well. They usually out hustle and and outskate opponents to the puck and take advantage of it. From the little I know of UND is Yale will have to use speed and passing to beat your team and somehow keep the UND out of our net. your team will be physical and hopefully typically undisciplined so Yale can possibly take advantage of some power plays. Yale needs to play great defense and get a decent performance from goal as well, hopefully Blase IMO, Those areYales greatest weaknesses. This game may be 3-1 Yale or 10- 0 UND, it depends on which Yale team shows up this week.

The other reason for not commenting seriously is most of you guys tend to have a superiority complex concerning other teams and won't listen to what a reasonable opponents fan has to say.
    Last edited by LTsatch; 03-23-2010, 08:14 PM.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

I'm not a BC fan, but I watch a lot of Hockey East games and have seen BC play 7-8 times this year in person and believe they are they best team in Hockey East by far. I've watched a few games on the tube from the WCHA and CCHA and believe that the WCHA is far superior this year. The CCHA, with the exception of MU, did not impress me. I saw MSU, ND and Ferris State live.

With that being said, what makes BC fans think UAF has no chance? If I had to bet any sum of money, I'd put my money on BC. However, upsets do happen, witness last year's tourney. I'm really hoping for a UND-BC final as I believe it will be a great game. I've witnessed many classics between the two programs since 2000.
      Last edited by irishfan85; 03-23-2010, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtually every Yale poster in this thread
        [stupid things]
        *****http://sondrak.com/images/uploads/pope_face_palm.jpg******
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by SIOUX4EVER View Post
          I'm still waiting for a Yale fan (or better yet, a neutral observer) to explain what the 4th-ranked team in the country--12-1 in its last 13 gms--should be worried about in Saturday's matchup...besides the superior intellects, of course!
          Dear Sue;

Who said anyone is worried? I am reminded of what Noah Welch's dad said to Joe Zappala's dad BEFORE a crucial game at Bright several years back: "Win or lose, tomorrow morning..... your kid still wakes up at Yale and my kid still wakes up at Harvard". Oh, sorry, I guess I'm NOT a neutral observer.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            The problem with giving a size up of Yale against NDU is probably the fact that I have never seen you guys play. I can only compare them to who I have seen and when Yale is "on" offensively it is a sight to behold, they basically forecheck the other team into submission, constantly cycling the puck and for chances in front of the net. They also have very fast first and second liners who will break out on odd man rushes often. Their passing game is excellent as well. They usually out hustle and and outskate opponents to the puck and take advantage of it. From the little I know of UND is Yale will have to use speed and passing to beat your team and somehow keep the UND out of our net. your team will be physical and hopefully typically undisciplined so Yale can possibly take advantage of some power plays. Yale needs to play great defense and get a decent performance from goal as well, hopefully Blase IMO, Those our Yales greatest weaknesses. This game may be 3-1 Yale or 10- 0 UND, it depends on which Yale team shows up this week.
            All of this sounds very familiar!

The Sioux are physical, no doubt, but hardly undisciplined. And they have been very good on the PK, so it hasn't hurt them lately.

I can't see a 10-0 game in our favor, but I do question the quality of your netminders vs. ours. Eidsness has been playing well and ranks 8th in the country with a 2.09 GAA and is 20th in SP (.915). I couldn't find a Yale goaltender in any of the stat lists...
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
              Thank you for the lesson. Truth be told, I had NEVER heard the term "word wrap" before you enlightened me. Strange as it may seem, I actually think the posts look NEATER (for lack of a better term) the way I HAD been doing it. BUT,FOR YOU, I WILL CHANGE...... JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE!!! I wasn't crazy about the "Being that", but I won't take off for that. Two down, two to go..... and it's Bud time!!!! ROFL.
              Studies show that sentences of shorter length are easier to read. Don't let Dirty bamboozle you with his word-wrap knowledge.
              Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Eidsness has been playing well and ranks 8th in the country with a 2.09 GAA and is 20th in SP (.915).
                Go ask probable NCAA Goalie of the Year Cornells Ben Scrivens (a much better goalie than Eidness) what he thinks about Yales offense. Ben is 0-5 last five games against Yale.

What is NDU gonna show me Saturday night?
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
                  Studies show tha.......
                  i'm sorry, but that went on for way too long...
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Your spleen.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Go ask probable NCAA Goalie of the Year Cornells Ben Scrivens (a much better goalie than Eidness) what he thinks about Yales offense. Ben is 0-5 last five games against Yale.

ndu isn't going to show you s-hit cuz they're not playing..... und is probably going to win the game by 3 goals while yale's best player does phantom backstrokes from the 8th row.
                      NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
                      HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
                      BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

Originally posted by superfan11 View Post
                        ndu isn't going to show you s-hit cuz they're not playing.....
                        Try to keep up, jcarter.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Congratulations, Lieutenant, you know how to use The Google.
                          Actually a Fire Chief now, just can't get rid of the old nickname. I love Guida's, no google, Middlefield, Ct is right below your screen name. BTW coming to the game with a BC fan and will be rooting for your team in game one.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            I reiterate, someone who does not grasp word wrap should not be offering anyone else help about anything.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Dude - stop hitting return when you type your posts.
                            I can't find the Return key on my keyboard! Is it next to the Any key?

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                            It's called Karma for years and years of dirty play - the Chay Genoway thing - Karma as well. We all know when you lose this weekend it will only be because of the refs too.
                            What has caused the last three seasons for the Gopher program then?

The other reason for not commenting seriously is most of you guys tend to have a superiority complex concerning other teams and won't listen to what a reasonable opponents fan has to say.
                            Will these reasonable Yale fans start showing up around mid-week or so?
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I'm still waiting for a Yale fan (or better yet, a neutral observer) to explain what the 4th-ranked team in the country--12-1 in its last 13 gms--should be worried about in Saturday's matchup...besides the superior intellects, of course!
                              I gave it a shot here. I have not seen Yale play. My analysis is based strictly on Yale's stats and UND's experiences under Hakstol in past NCAA tournaments.

I think UND should be considered the favorite, but Yale is obviously a good team that can score a lot of goals in a hurry. And the Sioux will have to stay out of the box because Yale's power play is one of the nation's best.

That being said, when UND is cycling well and playing its puck possession game, it can force the opposition into taking penalties. The Sioux power play isn't too shabby, either.
                              Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                i'm sorry, but that went on for way too long...
                                Wha...?

Comment

Working...
                                X