Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Easy games are over. Go Sioux!
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by dolan View Post
      You're aware that making a current/future prediction while comparing past teams makes you look like a ******, correct?
      WHOOSH. You do realize taking me seriously when I was being facetious makes YOU look like a ******, correct? Calm down. I was jokingly using a Yale fan's hypothetical logic...but contradicted it by saying Yale also lost to a team last year that lost in its conference quarters (hence the "woops'' at the end of the post). Obviously North Dakota (and Yale) are different teams this year than they were last year. And where did I make a prediction at all? Based on how things have gone recently, I think UND should beat Yale. But who knows, because I guess I'm a "******."
      Boston College '12
      1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
        So I was just looking at the UAF athletics webpage...and there's no mention of Alaska playing BC next Saturday in Worcester...it's not even on the hockey team's schedule??? What's up with that? I thought this was UAF's first tournament appearance? Where's the excitement UAF athletics? I smell bulletin board material, Jerry! Shouldn't there be a huge picture of a polar bear chomping an eagle on their homepage? Or at least a polar bear flying a jet shooting down an eagle with a missile?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this game. The only game against a non-Hockey East opponent I've seen BC play in person all season was against Harvard...and well...they're no fun. Alaska seems like a bit of an under-the-radar team/program that's headed in the right direction. It should be a fun game. I'm really interested to see how many UAF fans will be there. Are any of the ones on this board going? I'm sure UND will bring a bunch (I even saw some Sioux fans at the Garden on Friday) and Yale will bring a decent amount. Also does UAF have a pepband? If they do I assume they aren't making the trip...right?

Edit: I just checked their website again, and now it's finally up there! It must be that time zone difference or something...
        There have been a few write ups about the potential berth, and the actual berth into the tournament by the local paper (Daily News Miner). This is Alaska’s first appearance; they’ve come close a few times, but never made it until now. I’m sure they’ll come up with some sort of angry bear destroying Boston, or eating an eagle! I’m pretty stoked about the game; I hope we get a feed of some sort up here. We are actually pretty fortunate to have a lot of our road games on TV throughout the year, but not sure how this will be handled. Alaska has had a good year, and we have some solid players. We work hard, skate fast, and wear a lot of pride on our sweaters. When we play, we lay it all out on the ice. We will make whoever we play earn the win, like I said a lot of pride. Fairbanks is a small community which loves hockey. This team is heavily supported by the whole community, not just the university. We generally have a decent crowd that travels. Maybe not as good as some other teams, but all things considered, not too bad. Alaska has a pep band, but I’m not sure they will travel, who knows.
        All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          http://goholycross.com/sports/m-hock...iles/2010-ncaa

Some info from host Holy Cross College.
          It's the College of The Holy Cross. FYI the original arch rival of BC

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
            You guys are over-thinking this. Quick hop to Miami (hope you don't bump into the Redhawks), then on to Worcester.

*****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/NCAAFlight.jpg******
            now THAT is funny!

Comment

I'm feeling a strong vibe.. Sioux vs. Alaska
              Yale has a much better chance of beating North Dakota than Alaska has of beating BC. You can debate this, but you'd lose.
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

I'm feeling a strong vibe.. Sioux vs. Alaska
                Get your hands out of your pockets and that 'vibe' will go away.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                  Alaska is going to have a long day of travel. Depending on the aircraft they use, they might be able to do without the Chicago stop.*****http://www.chrisvanveen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/map1.jpg******
                  Pretty safe to assume Alaska would not be going home between games if they win on Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                    Pretty safe to assume Alaska would not be going home between games if they win on Saturday?
                    No, of course I meant each way. I don't know how many time zones they'll cross...five?

It does make me wonder if they'll arrive in Worcester on Thursday or even Wednesday. I can't imagine they'd arrive on Friday.
                    Chris V
                    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

• Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      I doubt I'll ever have to ask for a job from a guy who doesn't grasp the concept of word wrap.
                      Dirty wins!

Also, he's a loser because he posts on this message board that yaledoc also posts on.
                      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                      -
                      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                        Dirty wins!

Also, he's a loser because he posts on this message board that yaledoc also posts on.
                        Dirty was wasting time here first.
                        Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                          Yale has a much better chance of beating North Dakota than Alaska has of beating BC. You can debate this, but you'd lose.
                          Typical eastern fan, the world drops off just west of Burlington. Did you watch the Final Five? I freely admit to watching exactly zero Hockey Least games this year, and so make no predictions how I think their teams will do.

After HC beat the Goofs a few years back, I take nothing for granted.
                          I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
                          - Bilbo Baggins

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                          – A. Einstein

Why are some people so hung up on their rights?
                          - dropthatpuck

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            You don't know
                            what I'm talking
                            about
                            do you?
                            No
                            body ev
                            er

has.....

Comment

Let me interupt this flame war to say....this thread is AWESOME.

Back to the flaming now
                              BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                              National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                              Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                                Let me interupt this flame war to say....this thread is AWESOME.

Back to the flaming now
                                Chris Kreider is a stud muffin
                                So, you're a chick?

Comment

Working...
                                X