Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Just about as long as ND has been a state.
    North Dagoata is a state? I thought they were a Canadian province.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
      Just want to give a shout out to my Alaska folk. Congrats on your first tourny apperance!!

Now if you could please take out our nemesis please I would greatly appreciate it, we don't want any possible chance of ever playing a team from Denver...ever

I think BC is in for more than they think. This Alaska squad is scrappy and will battle till the end. Taranto is a stud and goals will be hard to come by for both teams.

Good luck guys!
      Not at all. BC ain't dumb. They have the best coaching staff in the nation, they will certainly be prepared to face the Nanooks, if they lose the game it will be because they were outplayed by the Nanooks.
      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

The worst thing that could have happened to Alaska was having BC put up a defensive clunker last night after locking down on defense all year. They'll be working on D and faceoffs all week.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

http://goholycross.com/sports/m-hock...iles/2010-ncaa

Some info from host Holy Cross College.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
            More like this
            *****http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/940/11808704.gif******

(c'mon, Chris.. we a.net dorks should know )
            Busted! LOL. It seems as though Alaska Air would proudly carry the team to Boston on one of their 737-900/ -800/ -700s, which can easily do SEA-BOS nonstop. Boston is also a Alaska Air station, so the plane can be used for a revenue flight back west if need be or they can park it in Boston.

They can fly to Worcester coming east but I'm not sure the runway is long enough for a full Seattle-bound flight.

I'm such a dork that I record the registration numbers of all the aircraft I fly on. Imagine my surprise when I learned that the United DC-10 that crashed in Iowa I had been on one week earlier!
            Chris V
            Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              The worst thing that could have happened to Alaska was having BC put up a defensive clunker last night after locking down on defense all year. They'll be working on D and faceoffs all week.
              I know. TV broadcasts have numerous 'Murphy's Laws.' One of them is that they'll mention something about a 'trend' that immediately turns out just the opposite.

Just before Maine's game-tying goal they showed a graphic on-screen noting the wide advantage for BC in face-offs won.
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                Busted! LOL. It seems as though Alaska Air would proudly carry the team to Boston on one of their 737-900/ -800/ -700s, which can easily do SEA-BOS nonstop. Boston is also a Alaska Air station, so the plane can be used for a revenue flight back west if need be or they can park it in Boston.

They can fly to Worcester coming east but I'm not sure the runway is long enough for a full Seattle-bound flight.
                Are they chartering or going commercial? Fairbanks-Boston would be a mighty expensive charter for a 737. A -700 that was lightly loaded (i.e. with a hockey team and not much else) could probably pull off Alaska-Massachusetts nonstop on the eastbound leg with a tailwind.

(the things you learn when you live in Alaska...)
                Last edited by Squarebanks; 03-21-2010, 09:39 PM.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  http://goholycross.com/sports/m-hock...iles/2010-ncaa

Some info from host Holy Cross College.
                  As a Sioux fan, I really like Holy Cross.

Comment

I thought that each Alaska team member would have his own personal Dehavilland Beaver bush plane and pond hop directly to Worcester.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      Google "oosik". Those are legendary in Alaska.
                      LOL
                      All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                        Yale is lucky enough to have both a good school and a good hockey team.
                        At least one of these things is a flat out lie. You can decide which.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Don't worry about Yale. We will put some extra padding in our helmets remembering back to 11/2/2002.

Anyone have a video from that night at Ingalls?
                          -------------
                          Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            North Dagoata is a state? I thought they were a Canadian province.
                            hahahahahaha - you thought right my friend. They are far more Canadian than American, there is no doubt about it!

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                              hahahahahaha - you thought right my friend. They are far more Canadian than American, there is no doubt about it!
                              Translation: "You got a real purdy mouth!"
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                At least one of these things is a flat out lie. You can decide which.
                                13 posts a day,Dirty; did it ever occur to you that
                                perhaps you have too much time on your hands? Anyway,
                                be nice to us Yalies....... you might need a real job someday.

Comment

Working...
                                X