Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    Didn't Alaska upset BC a long time ago when Ceglaski was the BC coach during a playoff series?
    that's the other whale meat.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      worcester has experience with the sioux... wasn't it six years ago they came in and won the beanpot?
      Almost...2005 is when we won the beanpot. To my knowledge, still the only Western team to do so
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
        FYI to all the fans going to the games in the NE Region, if you want some food at the game you better buy it in the first period. They will run out fast with all the 400 lb fat *** Sue fans at the game. As far as beer goes, you probably have until about 5 mins into the first period before those hicks suck the place dry. Just a friendly heads up.
        Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

You make me laugh.
        Me too! Cuz I want to know how they'll be selling beer at a regional! Since, you know, you can't.

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        Didn't Alaska upset BC a long time ago when Ceglaski was the BC coach during a playoff series?
        Ah yes, the goalie had a gambling debt that needed to be paid off!! I remember that well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
          Alaska is going to have a long day of travel. Depending on the aircraft they use, they might be able to do without the Chicago stop.*****http://www.chrisvanveen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/map1.jpg******
          More like this
          *****http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/940/11808704.gif******

(c'mon, Chris.. we a.net dorks should know )
          Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by lah02476 View Post
            It will be interesting to see which TV outlets pick up the games (probably depend on local programming schedules). NESN will not be one of them, since there will be a Bruins game starting at 1:00 PM that day.
            In the past, Channel 38 has skipped the Movie of the Week to pick them up. One would think the NCAA hockey tournament would get better ratings than a rerun of "Tootsie," but alas.
            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Alaska is going to have a long day of travel. Depending on the aircraft they use, they might be able to do without the Chicago stop.*****http://www.chrisvanveen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/map1.jpg******
              Haven't heard for sure yet (I think the NCAA pays for this flight), but typically UAF does Fairbanks-Seattle-(Destination). I'm assuming they'll fly commercial, of course. Alaska Airlines actually does a pretty tidy business flying various hockey teams (both NCAA and Junior-A) in and out of Fairbanks all winter long, not to mention basketball, volleyball, etc. teams coming in to play UAF. Alaska Air does fly Seattle-Boston nonstop, so I imagine the most likely routing is Fairbanks-Seattle-Boston. I will admit, though, that I was hoping we'd get the St. Paul regional, as it would make travel a lot easier. MSP is served nonstop from Anchorage, which takes a lot of the hassle out.

As I said earlier, I don't think the travel is going to phase our guys too much. I'm more worried about them getting starstruck after finally making the tourney.
              Last edited by Squarebanks; 03-21-2010, 08:01 PM.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

THAT's GOOD!
                Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Google "oosik". Those are legendary in Alaska.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    I didn't realize Yale still had a hockey team.
                    Just about as long as ND has been a state. are you guys really like all of the people in the movie Fargo?

On a chilly February day, Malcolm Chase, Class of 1896, and his classmate Arthur Foote led the newly formed Yale hockey club onto a Baltimore rink for the first intercollegiate hockey game in America. Their opponent, Johns Hopkins University, was comprised of 11 graduate and undergraduate students. Accounts of the Yale-Johns Hopkins game described the play as stubborn and hard-fought, a bitter contest ending in a 2-2 tie.

BTW last regional I went to in Bridgeport CT, no beer and you could not leave between games, flask time if that is the case in the DCU.
                    Last edited by LTsatch; 03-21-2010, 08:21 PM.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      Just about as long as ND has been a state. are you guys really like all of the people in the movie Fargo?
                      Well it is fun to put Bulldogs in wood chippers.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        As I said earlier, I don't think the travel is going to phase our guys too much. I'm more worried about them getting starstruck after finally making the tourney.

All things considered this is probably a shorter and easier trip than getting to Northern Michigan and Lake Superior State and similar to Nebraska-Omaha so the travel should be no big deal for UAF.

Greenham will need to have a good game _ not necessarily an out-of-this-world performance, but he can't have one of his occassional so-so games _ in order for UAF to pull off an upset or two. It will definitely help if Taranto is near full strenght, any report on how he is doing?

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                          Yale deserved what they got (this coming from a Yale fan).
                          And personally, after we skate circles around North Dakota I like our matchup against BC better than against Miami.
                          Funniest post i've read in some time! Props

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                          FYI to all the fans going to the games in the NE Region, if you want some food at the game you better buy it in the first period. They will run out fast with all the 400 lb fat *** Sue fans at the game. As far as beer goes, you probably have until about 5 mins into the first period before those hicks suck the place dry. Just a friendly heads up.
                          ^ I lied, THIS is the funniest post i've read in some time!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            I didn't realize Yale still had a hockey team.
                            Yale is lucky enough to have both a good school and a good hockey team. I hear North Dakota has a pretty good hockey team.
                            -------------
                            Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by richl49 View Post
                              All things considered this is probably a shorter and easier trip than getting to Northern Michigan and Lake Superior State and similar to Nebraska-Omaha so the travel should be no big deal for UAF.

Greenham will need to have a good game _ not necessarily an out-of-this-world performance, but he can't have one of his occassional so-so games _ in order for UAF to pull off an upset or two. It will definitely help if Taranto is near full strenght, any report on how he is doing?
                              Just want to give a shout out to my Alaska folk. Congrats on your first tourny apperance!!

Now if you could please take out our nemesis please I would greatly appreciate it, we don't want any possible chance of ever playing a team from Denver...ever

I think BC is in for more than they think. This Alaska squad is scrappy and will battle till the end. Taranto is a stud and goals will be hard to come by for both teams.

Good luck guys!
                              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                The only common opponents Yale and UND had were Cornell and Wisconsin... Pretty even on paper.
                                I've heard interesting things about this 'paper' hockey you play out that way. Looking forward to it.

*****http://img.***********.com/albums/v146/bik4u62/alaska.jpg******
                                Shorter by dogsled

(PS - I see you've met the RinkPig...)

Comment

Working...
                                X