Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Given I was able to watch Arcobello in HS for 3 years but haven't seen him since, I'm excited you guys are in Worcester too.

Comment

Can't wait to see BC and UND in the finals
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Can't wait to see BC and UND in the finals
        Neither can I. Always fun to renew acquaintances with the Sioux.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Unless I'm reading it wrong, both Saturday games will be re-broadcast Sunday on ESPNU.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Please stop by and take a chance at picking the Frozen Four. Thanks. Good luck to your team in the tournament.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=89909
            Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 03-21-2010, 03:10 PM.
            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
              Neither can I. Always fun to renew acquaintances with the Sioux.
              It's definitely one of the best inter-conference rivalries in college hockey.

Hopefully both teams have their eyes on their first round games, otherwise it could be a hypothetical consolation matchup between the two teams.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                i was looking forward to going and seeing michigan v. north dakota.

now i'll probably stay home and watch games on tv/computer.
                Cheap bastid!
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

The only common opponents Yale and UND had were Cornell and Wisconsin.

Yale beat Cornell 4-2 and 2-1
                  Yale tied Wisc 2-2

UND vs. Cornell loss 1-0 won 3-1
                  UND vs, Wisc. tie 3-3 and lost 4-3

Pretty even on paper.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    The only common opponents Yale and UND had were Cornell and Wisconsin.

Yale beat Cornell 4-2 and 2-1
                    Yale tied Wisc 2-2

UND vs. Cornell loss 1-0 won 3-1
                    UND vs, Wisc. tie 3-3 and lost 4-3

Pretty even on paper.
                    Yeah, but comparative scores generally do nothing but drive you crazy.
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                    BC - 12
                    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                      I would just about guarantee that all four sites will unbundle the tickets so that you can buy the first day without buying the second. And if your team makes it to the second day, you'll have no problem scooping up tickets for Day 2 from fans of the losing schools.
                      The DCU Center (Worcester) will be selling single-day tickets starting Monday morning at 10:00 am.
                      Boston College Eagles
                      NCAA Champions
                      1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

Originally posted by lah02476 View Post
                        The DCU Center (Worcester) will be selling single-day tickets starting Monday morning at 10:00 am.
                        No need to worry about that, you will be able walk up to the ticket office on the day of the games and be able to buy tickets.
                        BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                        National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                        Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan MacAvoy View Post
                          Programming note; I'm a BC fan in Boston; any sense on what local television might do about this game? Put simply; can't get out to Worcester, and don't really want to watch it on a computer; what are my prospects?
                          The NC$$ (and uscho.com) website has indicated that there will "ESPN Syndication" picking up the games live from Worcester.

It will be interesting to see which TV outlets pick up the games (probably depend on local programming schedules). NESN will not be one of them, since there will be a Bruins game starting at 1:00 PM that day.
                          Boston College Eagles
                          NCAA Champions
                          1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

I'll be at the Worcester Regional for the weekend. The USCHO posters who will be heading to Worcester should find a sports bar near by the arena to watch the other games Saturday night, after UND-Yale is over. Any ideas? I know 2 years ago when I was there, a few of us convinced a bartender to turn on ESPNU, but it was a challenge. Usually, more people asking will help.

Comment

Yale also outshot that Wisco team 42-22 at Wisco. If Yale still had Backman, I would think they would have the power to not only beat Nodak, but to get to the frozen four. The playoffs may of proved that Backman is the driving force of this team.

Yale will also need to get better goaltending if it wants any shot in even giving Nodak a game.

BC fans on this board though are looking a little cocky, you guys have the best forwards I've seen in college hockey, but goaltending seems to escape your team as well at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Yalewhaler View Post
                                goaltending seems to escape your team as well at times.
                                He's escaped his way into a 13-1 record in the playoffs

Comment

Working...
                                X