• Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      INCH Haikus

Yale *
      Backman skilled on ice
      Walks on water? Not so much
      No running by pool

* Credit: Reader submission by SteveF
      Dude, did you hear? Healthcare bill passed!

http://board.uscho.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=108

Welcome to yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
        Dude, did you hear? Healthcare bill passed!

http://board.uscho.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=108

Welcome to yesterday
        Numbnuts, where is there a link to INCH in that post? I happen to think it's funny they put that one in.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          How many people on this crazy thread are actually attending the games on Saturday.
          Section 107 up high here.
          Section 232 on Saturday.
          National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
          Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
          two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
          b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            I happen to think
            well, there's your problem...

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
              Sorry,Scarlet, I'll try to do better. BTW, I grew up in Brookline,
              spent 6 years at Boston Latin School, went to college,medical,and graduate school in New England..... and for the life of me I have NEVER heard of "Meffa" MA. Please enlighten. Where is it?
              So you were one of those *********s who lived outside of Boston and used a fraudulent Boston address to attend Boston Latin. Another reason to enjoy seeing Yale lose this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                i said this earlier in the thread..............it is truly amazing
                Well, my youthful friends, it seems that this thread has really begun to exceed all bounds of propriety. If the biggest "holes" that you, BCWH Superfan joe, and Dirty can poke in my intellect is not knowing what "word wrap" is and that "Meffa" is a reference to Medford,well,then, color me very proud. Except for studying (and teaching) at the Harvard School of Public Health in the late 1980s, I have not lived in Boston/New England since the late 1970s. I like going to the gym in January and coming out in my shirtsleeves (but that's just me!).
                As far as "Meffa" goes, I guess it falls into the same category as calling New Britain (CT) "New Bri-UN". One of my Yale roommates FROM New Britain had to explain THAT to me once, too. No matter how one slices the salami, such references strike me as mocking the blue-collar nature of these
                towns and/or the intellect of its citizens. Even more politically incorrect, it MIGHT be interpreted as mocking someone with a speech impediment or a person who has suffered a non-dominant hemisphere stroke (if that puzzles you go to medical school or look up dysarthria in Dorland's Medical Dictionary). Oh yes, I know that this post will set off a barrage of venom from the BC and North Dakota crowd. My apologies.
                Before you react to this by spewing back some vitriol, try THINKING about what I wrote. Yeah, I was 22 once. I've had too much to drink and done some stupid things. And yes, there was probably a time when I thought I knew more than ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY over the age of 50. BUT I NEVER mocked someone publicly for their viewpoints. As a closing thought, BCWH Superfan joe and sterlippo, try showing THIS post to YOUR parents and see what THEY think. Finally, rather than getting drunk some Saturday night in the near future, try doing some volunteer work at a hospital or Stroke Rehab Center. You might learn something.
                As for this middle-aged, out-of-touch DUDE, I will now take MY father's advice ....... that having to do with grappling with certain barnyard animals and becoming like my eponymous friend from the land of the Sioux. I AM DONE for this hockey season. My sincerest wishes for some great, entertaining, injury-free hockey and safe travels for all. See you, G*d willing, in the FALL.
                Last edited by yaledoc; 03-24-2010, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  I think the Yale/Cornell rivalry is much more intense these days. Yale/Harvard only gives AD's an excuse to charge more for "The Game."

How many people on this crazy thread are actually attending the games on Saturday.
                  Section 107 up high here.
                  No games had more intensity than the two Yale/QU games this year. But I will agree Yale/Harvard has fallen off.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                    I've been to North Dakota. I wouldn't go there again if my life depended on it. It's what I envision "hell" to be like to be honest.
                    Dagoatans envision "hell" as people getting run over for wearing Red Sox garb, hearing "wicked" in front of everything, and the trashy accent that both women and men can't seem to get rid of even with shock therapy. We also think "hell" will freeze over before BC wins as many NC's as UND.
                    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Well, here we are, well, here we are!
                      Just watch us rolling up a score.
                      We'll leave poor Harvard behind so far,
                      They won't want to play us anymore.
                      We'll roll the score so very high,
                      That you will hear them sigh:
                      Well-a Boola, Boo, Boola, Boola, Boo,
                      Boola, Boo, Boola, Boola, Boola, Boo!

Boola, Boola, Boola, Boola,
                      Boola, Boola, Boola, Boola,
                      When we "rough-house" poor old Harvard,
                      They will holler Boola Boo. (Rah! Rah! Rah!)
                      Yale, Eli Yale!
                      Oh! Yale, Eli Yale!
                      Oh! Yale, Eli Yale!
                      Oh! Yale, Eli Yale!

Comment

Originally posted by ComoSeDiceHockey View Post
                        So you were one of those *********s who lived outside of Boston and used a fraudulent Boston address to attend Boston Latin. Another reason to enjoy seeing Yale lose this weekend.
                        I decided to make a brief and FINAL exception for your, shall we say,
                        indelicate insult to my parents. They paid TUITION all six years. Sorry to burst your bubble. Please read AND THINK ABOUT my penultimate post.
                        Good day!

Comment

Well, my youthful friends, it seems that this thread has really begun to exceed all bounds of propriety. If the biggest "holes" that you, BCWH Superfan joe, and Dirty can poke in my intellect is not knowing what "word wrap" is and that "Meffa" is a reference to Medford,well,then, color me very proud. Except for studying (and teaching) at the Harvard School of Public Health in the late 1980s, I have not lived in Boston/New England since the late 1970s. I like going to the gym in January and coming out in my shirtsleeves (but that's just me!).
                          As far as "Meffa" goes, I guess it falls into the same category as calling New Britain (CT) "New Bri-UN". One of my Yale roommates FROM New Britain had to explain THAT to me once, too. No matter how one slices the salami, such references strike me as mocking the blue-collar nature of these
                          towns and/or the intellect of its citizens. Even more politically incorrect, it MIGHT be interpreted as mocking someone with a speech impediment or a person who has suffered a non-dominant hemisphere stroke (if that puzzles you go to medical school or look up dysarthria in Dorland's Medical Dictionary). Oh yes, I know that this post will set off a barrage of venom from the BC and North Dakota crowd. My apologies.
                          Before you react to this by spewing back some vitriol, try THINKING about what I wrote. Yeah, I was 22 once. I've had too much too drink and done some stupid things. And yes, there was probably a time when I thought I knew more than ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY over the age of 50. BUT I NEVER mocked someone publically for their viewpoints. As a closing thought, BCWH Superfan joe and sterlippo, try showing THIS post to YOUR parents and see what THEY think. Finally, rather than getting drunk some Saturday night in the near future, try doing some volunteer work at a hospital or Stroke Rehab Center. You might learn something.
                          As for this middle-aged, out-of-touch DUDE, I will now take MY father's advice ....... that having to do with grappling with certain barnyard animals and becoming like my eponymous friend from the land of the Sioux. I AM DONE for this hockey season. My sincerest wishes for some great, entertaining, injury-free hockey and safe travels for all. See you, G*d willing, in the FALL.
                          Pretentious, annoying, elitist and unnecessary. You're making this ECAC fan really want to start pulling for the Sioux. It's posts like these that make me really resent living in the New Haven area.

Comment

You might as well stick it out the rest of the season, it's only 3 more days.

Comment

Originally posted by HomoSeDiceCockey View Post
                              fixed your name

Comment

Before you react to this by spewing back some vitriol, try THINKING about what I wrote. Yeah, I was 22 once. I've had too much too drink and done some stupid things. And yes, there was probably a time when I thought I knew more than ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY over the age of 50. BUT I NEVER mocked someone publically for their viewpoints. As a closing thought, BCWH Superfan joe and sterlippo, try showing THIS post to YOUR parents and see what THEY think. Finally, rather than getting drunk some Saturday night in the near future, try doing some volunteer work at a hospital or Stroke Rehab Center. You might learn something.
                                Are you hammered now? You don't know the difference between to and too.

Comment

Working...
                                X