• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    One in a million?
    I'd be happy to take that wager.
    In fact I'll give you odds that are 30,000x better than that, and still take the bet.

If that's too much math for you might try the following. My 15 month old finds it quite readable, so I trust it is about at your reading level.

*****http://www.hanoivn.net/books/fin_math/9781568842486.jpg******
    -------------
    Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
      In fact I'll give you odds that are 30,000x better than that,
      That is probably more representative of the true chances Yale has on Saturday in reality.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Yale has a better chance of beating UND than Alaska has of beating BC. Both pretty minimal chances.

Comment

Yale's style of play is quite different from UND, and that gives them a chance in my opinion.
          In a recent interview after winning the WCHA tournament Sioux Defensemen Ben Blood said:

...didn't want to give them a sniff, didn't want to give them any hope, ....(pause)..... ZERO!
          Great!!!!

What a relief to hear that Yale's style of play is different than that.
          "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

In fact I'll give you odds that are 30,000x better than that, and still take the bet.

If that's too much math for you might try the following. My 15 month old finds it quite readable, so I trust it is about at your reading level.
            Whooooooooooooooooooooooosh!
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
              Frattin gets a DUI, but the best Dakota story is Bochenski and the counterfeiting. From Wikipedia:

"Bochenski was originally recruited by the University of Minnesota, but lost his scholarship offer due to a counterfeiting charge. The University of North Dakota swooped in and extended a scholarship offer. Bochenski went on to spend 3 seasons with the Sioux."
              Most amusing part of that story was how Bucks lost his offer from Minnesota a few days after he announced he was going to ND.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Yale has a fine chance of beating UND. In fact, I'm giving the edge to them. 32 games played this year, a lot of rest. A couple dynamic offensive players. 4 decent goaltenders to rely on. In fact, I'd say Yale knocks the Sioux out.
                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                  4 decent goaltenders to rely on.
                  Wow, and I thought BC had the goaltending controversy. Well, if you have four "decent" goalies, might as well just call off the tournament.

Seriously, four decent goalies? That means you have zero reliable ones.

Comment

Maybe the Yalie's should try playing all four goaltenders, one forward and one defenseman.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                      Let me interupt this flame war to say....this thread is AWESOME.

Back to the flaming now
                      I would just like to reiterate this post.
                      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Yale stocked with goalies
                        More than the Sioux fans have teeth
                        Palin lone 'Nooks fan

Comment

Thanks for the neg-rep gaypher fans, enjoy your golf clubs and washing each others balls.
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

I'm beginning to thnk yalehockeyfan might be another jcarter alias.
                            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                            -
                            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              I would hope it wouldn't be difficult to get people to attend games given that you all live in NORTH DAGOATA! The rodeo only comes to town so often to compete with Sioux hockey, huh? "What are we gonna do tonight, go to the Sioux game or milk Bessie? Hmmmmm." I'll at least give you all credit for making the right choice.

It seems like Sioux fans like anything involved with eating. You guys got Jenny Craig up there? If not she's missing a great opportunity.
                              What's with people thinking there's nothing to do in ND? I'd be willing to bet your fat *** gets home from work and sits on the couch for 5 hours until bedtime. You can't do that in NoDak? It was more boring for me to be in MPLS than it is in Forks..

I'd appreciate a response to this when you get back from collecting Cactus water

P.S. According to the CDC, Arizona's fitness level = 52.3% NoDak = 47.1%. Whoa big difference there!

Highest state - Alaska = 56.7%, lowest - Kentucky = 32.9%

Comment

Originally posted by dolan View Post
                                What's with people thinking there's nothing to do in ND? I'd be willing to bet your fat *** gets home from work and sits on the couch for 5 hours until bedtime. You can't do that in NoDak? It was more boring for me to be in MPLS than it is in Forks..

I'd appreciate a response to this when you get back from collecting Cactus water

P.S. According to the CDC, Arizona's fitness level = 52.3% NoDak = 47.1%. Whoa big difference there!

Highest state - Alaska = 56.7%, lowest - Kentucky = 32.9%
                                Never seen Vegas Vacation? This is hilarious...

Comment

Working...
                                X