Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

[QUOTE=LTsatch;4715656]No disagreement here, sorry to see BU miss the tourney,
    yeah, i'm all broken up about it

Comment

Originally posted by dolan View Post
      Guess I don't understand the whole thing because we don't need gimmicks to get fans to attend games around here.
      I would hope it wouldn't be difficult to get people to attend games given that you all live in NORTH DAGOATA! The rodeo only comes to town so often to compete with Sioux hockey, huh? "What are we gonna do tonight, go to the Sioux game or milk Bessie? Hmmmmm." I'll at least give you all credit for making the right choice.

I love making people eat their words.
      It seems like Sioux fans like anything involved with eating. You guys got Jenny Craig up there? If not she's missing a great opportunity.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

For those of you going to Woostah for the game --

Protip: Park in the St Vincent Hospital garage across the tracks from the DCU center - parking lots around the DCU Center are going to be charging ~$20 for parking. The hospital should be charging their usual rate (a few bucks).

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
          JUST A THOUGHT....

Do some more research on the North Dakota program before you come spewing on here.

Our CAPTAIN has been injured and hasn't played since November. Nor has he EVER had a DUI or been suspended.

Matt Frattin is not a captain. He was suspended for a semester for his DUI, not a weekend, and he was acquitted of that charge. But that's really not the point here. The point is that you know little to nothing about our program. You'll fit right in at ESPN. You should send in a job application!
          Frattin gets a DUI, but the best Dakota story is Bochenski and the counterfeiting. From Wikipedia:

"Bochenski was originally recruited by the University of Minnesota, but lost his scholarship offer due to a counterfeiting charge. The University of North Dakota swooped in and extended a scholarship offer. Bochenski went on to spend 3 seasons with the Sioux."

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
            Frattin gets a DUI, but the best Dakota story is Bochenski and the counterfeiting. From Wikipedia:

"Bochenski was originally recruited by the University of Minnesota, but lost his scholarship offer due to a counterfeiting charge. The University of North Dakota swooped in and extended a scholarship offer. Bochenski went on to spend 3 seasons with the Sioux."
            And what a player he was for UND. Thank you Bucks!

Now excuse me while I Beanpot Trot out of this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
              And what a player he was for UND. Thank you Bucks!
              LOL

UND belongs in the SEC with that kinda stuff going on.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                LOL

Well UND is looking for a conference to join. I say they apply. It would give the SEC the excuse to kick Vanderbilt out with their silly high academic standards and all.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Guess I don't understand the whole thing because we don't need gimmicks to get fans to attend games around here.
                  That's because there's absolutely nothing else to do or see in Grand Forks. And before you ask, yes, I've been there.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

From Wikipedia

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    That's because there's absolutely nothing else to do or see in Grand Forks. And before you ask, yes, I've been there.
                    I assume you stopped at the Pepper then?
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      No disagreement here, sorry to see BU miss the tourney, Joe Pereria is my neighbor. I think his younger brother is heading to the Terriers as well.
                      What does BU have to do with any of this? And Mike Pereira's going to UMass, not BU.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Has there ever been a regional in which 3 of the 4 teams were all in the USCHO top 8?

Currently:
                        BC #3
                        ND #4
                        Yale #8

WOW.

Hopefully this makes for great hockey on Saturday and Sunday.

Will be very interesting to see how Yale comes out playing. Unlike last year where they were a #2 seed and technically the favorite, on Saturday they are the heavy underdog. In the last two years Yale has played exceptionally well as the underdog as it makes them even more loose. Yale's style of play is quite different from UND, and that gives them a chance in my opinion.
                        -------------
                        Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                          Yale's style of play is quite different from UND, and that gives them a chance in my opinion.
                          One in a million?
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            LOL

UM commentator and former coach Doug Woog got suspended for giving players cash, so we have room in our boat.
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              I would hope it wouldn't be difficult to get people to attend games given that you all live in NORTH DAGOATA! The rodeo only comes to town so often to compete with Sioux hockey, huh? "What are we gonna do tonight, go to the Sioux game or milk Bessie? Hmmmmm." I'll at least give you all credit for making the right choice.
                              You really from Arizona?

If you are any kind of hockey fan at all or have any knowlege of the game you should fall down to your knees now and thank God for for delivering Fighting Sioux alumni Dave Tippett to Arizona to coach the Phoenix Coyotes.
                              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Will all the Yale players dye their hair yellow and shave 'hawks for the regional? I wish there was an emoticon for puking.

http://www.youtube.com/user/YaleAthl.../0/xRg9IndjZCk
                                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                                X