Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

    Hopefully I'll get a pass for these game. Should be a fun regional. Yale got screwed. Basically got dropped from the 9 seed to the 12 seed. But they're closer to home, so I guess that's one silver lining.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

  • #2
    Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

    Oh, and I hope the Nanooks bring a polar bear video.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

      Hopefullly Yale can bring their A game and not fail like they did against Brown.
      Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
      Boston University '06/'08
      Yale University '13

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

        What is ESPN 360.com? Must watch this from my computer?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

          Originally posted by sju56321 View Post
          What is ESPN 360.com? Must watch this from my computer?
          It's a website that ensures that almost nobody from Alaska will be able to watch. They only make it available to certain ISP's or college campuses, and no ISP up here has it. Not sure if UAF or UAA campuses have access to it.

          You can go to www.espn360.com to see if it's available in your area.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

          —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

            Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            It's a website that ensures that almost nobody from Alaska will be able to watch. They only make it available to certain ISP's or college campuses, and no ISP up here has it. Not sure if UAF or UAA campuses have access to it.

            You can go to www.espn360.com to see if it's available in your area.
            You will be fine. Sarah Palin says you guys can see Worcester from your windows, so there's no need for ISP or cable Television.
            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

              Hey, Yale, wanna trade?

              Congrats, Alaska. I look forward to watching your game(s)!
              Originally posted by state of hockey
              Tecate tonight. Haha!
              Originally posted by state of hockey
              Ugh. That was a bad idea.
              Ever notice how, after hockey season, baseball games seem INTERMINABLE??

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

                Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                You will be fine. Sarah Palin says you guys can see Worcester from your windows, so there's no need for ISP or cable Television.
                I'm looking out my window and all I see is snow and condos....err, igloos, not condos.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

                —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

                  Clearly the NCAA wants to do what it can to boost attendance. High prices and forcing people to buy both days isn't a way to do that. I would just about guarantee that all four sites will unbundle the tickets so that you can buy the first day without buying the second. And if your team makes it to the second day, you'll have no problem scooping up tickets for Day 2 from fans of the losing schools.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

                    Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    Hopefully I'll get a pass for these game. Should be a fun regional. Yale got screwed. Basically got dropped from the 9 seed to the 12 seed. But they're closer to home, so I guess that's one silver lining.
                    Yale deserved what they got (this coming from a Yale fan).
                    And personally, after we skate circles around North Dakota I like our matchup against BC better than against Miami.
                    -------------
                    Yale University 2013 National Champs

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

                      i was looking forward to going and seeing michigan v. north dakota.

                      now i'll probably stay home and watch games on tv/computer.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

                        I like the region; BC and No. Dakota are just bad pennies for each other; keep turning up!
                        No slight to Yale of course; they're a strong team, and I'd say that game will be a real scrap.
                        Don't know much about the Nanooks- love to hear about Alaska from Alaska fans and their intra-conference rivals!
                        Programming note; I'm a BC fan in Boston; any sense on what local television might do about this game? Put simply; can't get out to Worcester, and don't really want to watch it on a computer; what are my prospects?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

                          Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                          Yale deserved what they got (this coming from a Yale fan).
                          And personally, after Nodak skates circles around yale I like our matchup against BC better than against Miami.
                          Fixed your post buddy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

                            Originally posted by Bryan MacAvoy View Post
                            I like the region; BC and No. Dakota are just bad pennies for each other; keep turning up!
                            No slight to Yale of course; they're a strong team, and I'd say that game will be a real scrap.
                            Don't know much about the Nanooks- love to hear about Alaska from Alaska fans and their intra-conference rivals!
                            Programming note; I'm a BC fan in Boston; any sense on what local television might do about this game? Put simply; can't get out to Worcester, and don't really want to watch it on a computer; what are my prospects?
                            Strong defense (top ranked last year, near the top this year), decent offense, and generally good goaltending. Scott Greenham has been good overall in net, but he's put up a couple stinkers this year as well; he's only a sophomore and is following in the steps of a guy who's been starting for the NY Rangers this year, so he'll only get better.

                            We have a couple of fantastic offensive talents in Dion Knelson and Andy Taranto, although Taranto was banged up in the NMU series.

                            The 'Nooks had a 10 game unbeaten streak until we got stonewalled against NMU last weekend, although I take the NMU series with a grain of salt because Marquette is literally a black hole for Nanook hockey.

                            The travel won't be as big of a deal as some people make it, this team flies to/from Michigan and Ohio all season long, and really Massachusetts isn't that much farther.

                            BC definitely deserves to be favored, but if Alaska can play its trademark defensive game things could get interesting.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

                            —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

                              Yale fan here. Will be attending both sessions in Worcester. Yale fans are in kind of a quandry because we don't know which team will show up at any given game these days. The loss of Sean Backman to injury just before the ECAC playoffs is a huge issue for Yale, it definitely put them off their game in the ECAC loss to Brown, except for Game 2 where they looked like the forechecking, high scoring Yale we were used to all season. If the "A" game appears on Saturday, Yale can play with anyone.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X