No announcement yet.

Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
    I've got enough equipment to avoid breaking too many bones, though I'll need to track down a helmet. Any house helmets (gross though they usually are!) available for this event? Will have to check with the rest of my group about making the trip. Is this strictly posters-only or can friends-of-posters get in on the action? I have a feeling my ride and other friend would be much more open to the side trip if they could join in.

Regardless, I hope I can make it and provide some amusement for the rest of you as I indiscriminately slam into walls. I've yet to have the pleasure of visiting Yost, and this would definitely be a great way to do it!
    No house helmets that I know of, but you could try posting in the game thread for stuff.

Posters are top priority, but we normally have no problems with friends. At least that I know of.

Comment

• Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
      But it's not annoying in the good kind of way where you get under the other team's skin, it's just annoying in the way that makes us think even less of you as hockey fans..
      You're talking about chants like, "Ugly parents", "Ugly girlfriends", and other chants degrading the fanbase of the opposing team in general (their education for instance). Are those are the sorts of chants that are supposed to get under the teams skin? Or annoy and irritate their fans in the stands?

I can just see you guys in the stands LOL... Oh jeez... I used to really respect those guys. But they went and copied our own ridiculous noise and used it against us. It's a crying shame that all those MAC level educated guys and their ugly slutty girlfriends had to sink so low as to do something like that. What a sad sad state of affairs. I wonder what their ugly chump, dick, wuss, douchbag, *******, *****, cheater, *****, whore parents think.

Think less of them as hockey fans... that is pretty ***** rich I tell you!!! Made my evening =)

On another note... they threw bottles on the ice? Are we talking a few people or tens of them?
      maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
        You're talking about chants like, "Ugly parents", "Ugly girlfriends", and other chants degrading the fanbase of the opposing team in general (their education for instance). Are those are the sorts of chants that are supposed to get under the teams skin? Or annoy and irritate their fans in the stands?

I can just see you guys in the stands LOL... Oh jeez... I used to really respect those guys. But they went and copied our own ridiculous noise and used it against us. It's a crying shame that all those MAC level educated guys and their ugly slutty girlfriends had to sink so low as to do something like that. What a sad sad state of affairs. I wonder what their ugly chump, dick, wuss, douchbag, *******, *****, cheater, *****, whore parents think.

Think less of them as hockey fans... that is pretty ***** rich I tell you!!! Made my evening =)

On another note... they threw bottles on the ice? Are we talking a few people or tens of them?
        I have to admit, i think this is pretty funny, you forgot to include our band playing to coverup the end of the chant.

As for the bottles thrown, i was there and only saw one or two idiots that threw bottles. Hate it when a couple of idiots make an entire fanbase look like a bunch of jerks.
        Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Ugly? No. Sluty? Probably. This is Miami we are talking about here, it has a few perks!

Maybe 10? It was pretty lame either way.

Comment

Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post

As for the bottles thrown, i was there and only saw one or two idiots that threw bottles. Hate it when a couple of idiots make an entire fanbase look like a bunch of jerks.
            Preach on.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I saw 2 or 3 bottles reach the ice at the end of the game. Classless, pathetic, and most likely the Walmart wolverine variety.

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
              Wow! This awesome! I didn't even know it existed. If I could skate well enough to avoid falling on my face, I would definitely be in for this.
              As others have said, skating ability not a huge requirement. Last year's posters game was my first time skating with full equipment. I've since played a few games. I'll be participating this year. For position, I put forward because that's the only direction I can skate. Oh, and my way of stopping is running into someone or the boards. So come, play, skate circles around me.

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
              Normally I don't have that much of a problem with other bands, but there were times where it sounded like they had never played an instrument before. I really don't need to hear squealing trombones during the second overtime of regional finals. For all the crap Michigan gets about playing the Victors so much, there is something to be said about learning to play a few songs well as opposed to doing a lot of songs poorly.
              I think there's also something to be said for having songs written by and for your school that your fans love and participate with. Rather than playing the standard songs every other band plays.

Miami's band isn't bad. It could be worse. I still love the quote from my friend from a regional, I believe it was about the UNH band: "I think they all switched instruments before the game"

I'm also sick of the music school excuse. Yes, Michigan has a school of music. I can tell you when I was in the marching band 3 of our 72 trumpet players were studying music. Over 1/3 of our marching band is engineering majors. I don't think any in the hockey band were music majors.

/Michigan arrogance
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                I'm also sick of the music school excuse. Yes, Michigan has a school of music. I can tell you when I was in the marching band 3 of our 72 trumpet players were studying music. Over 1/3 of our marching band is engineering majors. I don't think any in the hockey band were music majors.
                Fair enough, I have always heard (from friends at Michigan) that a large percentage of band members study music. They could be totally mistaken for all I know. Regardless if you don't want to play the music program game you can play the number of students game (I think with over 10,000+ more students there is a much larger talent pool), or the more funding game (I don't play an instrument but I am assuming more practice time/a well paid director improves performance/originality). Who really cares, just thought that the OP was being a tool with that comment so I threw the music program thing out there.

Comment

Working...
                X