No announcement yet.

Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

So as a Fort Wayne area native Im curious what everyone thought of the Fort and the Coliseum. I know there was some issue with the bandwidth and what not for getting pictures and articles sent out. But other than that what did everyone think?

Comment

• Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Wow, I'm surprised that the Michigan fans knew how to chant anything other than "lets go blue" and sing that crappy song 800,000 times a game.
      Once again another post without any hockey involved in it. Be gone...
      Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawksFan10 View Post
        A lot of the Michigan fans are continuously bitter about the no-goal, like it was the refs fault. He did what he was supposed to do. When he doesn't see the puck he's going to assume the puck is dead and blow his whistle. He was just standing in the wrong place to see the puck clearly.
        Two wrongs don't make a right. Although i'm not crying, dissappointed yes but I'll get over it. As a Michigan fan I've had a lot of practice the last few years...

Good luck to Miami in Detroit. The B.B. thing is the main reason I say this.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          I hate when I agree with UMICHhockeyRULZ. I was more shocked than anything by that. Yes the thing we do on the penalty kill is stupid and annoying but that's the point. And yes, Michigan stole many of our cheers from Cornell...but at least they are in a different conference. Hearing the Miami fans do a bunch of "our" (stolen) cheers is annoying, and my friends and I wonder if they picked it up from our trips down there.
          See, I'm not so bad. Just a little outspoken...

And yes I hate that "whoop whoop whoop". I understand why it is done, but find it rather annoying. I will say that just started this year (audibly at least to my knowledge) so it couldn't have been either my or wT's class that started it.

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          Come on, that was funny. I find it hilarious that your school changed the mascot and yet your fans continue to do a far more offensive "war chant" or whatever you call it when you go on the poweplay. If you disagree, feel free direct your outrage at me.
          It's not that bad but personally I think that it is more humorous whenever Scooter Vaughn got call for a penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
            Bingo. I know how Michigan hurts right now but it is without a doubt in the best interest of the CCHA as a whole if Miami wins this tournament. Miami winning championships is good for the teams in the CCHA, even UM and MSU.
            EFF THAT. Go BC destroys the punks out of Oxford and that *********ged head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
              So as a Fort Wayne area native Im curious what everyone thought of the Fort and the Coliseum. I know there was some issue with the bandwidth and what not for getting pictures and articles sent out. But other than that what did everyone think?
              As a Michigan fan, having the conference space available for the pep-rally was really nice. It's too bad the rink only had Comcast cable and couldn't pick up the other games. Also, I noticed an ungodly amount of strip clubs and pancake houses while driving around.

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
              i would love to play in that game (and even go Corey Tropp on a couple posters) but I just cant justify driving all the way out to Ann Arbor on championship Saturday.

DISCLAIMER:This comment was made in complete recognition of the fact that the above mentioned play was goonish, completely inappropriate, and thuggish, and I would never intend to hurt anyone like that.
              Oh, c'mon, it takes a whole 40 minutes to drive from Detroit to Ann Arbor?

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
              '

I think the point of that guy starting it on Saturday, and getting all the Miami people doing it right back on Sunday was because the Michigan fans would also find it, stupid and annoying. Especially knowing that it was blatantly stolen from them.
              But it's not annoying in the good kind of way where you get under the other team's skin, it's just annoying in the way that makes us think even less of you as hockey fans. Also, please don't send your band to Detroit. They're awful. I'd really rather listen to piped in music. I don't even mean this as trash talk, it's an honest request.

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                Also, please don't send your band to Detroit. They're awful. I'd really rather listen to piped in music. I don't even mean this as trash talk, it's an honest request.
                Guess that would be the Michigan arrogance everyone loves so much . Seriously though, everyone knows Michigan's band is above and beyond. If Miami even has a music program it is news to me, let people have fun, there is no reason to even make that comment, loosen up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Here's the thread for it- http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=85605&page=9

Or you can shortcut that, and register on this site- http://postersgame.3735saintclair.com/index.php (and a hearty thanks to tD for setting that website up)
                  Wow! This awesome! I didn't even know it existed. If I could skate well enough to avoid falling on my face, I would definitely be in for this.

Rep us well, RHM!
                  Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    Guess that would be the Michigan arrogance everyone loves so much . Seriously though, everyone knows Michigan's band is above and beyond. If Miami even has a music program it is news to me, let people have fun, no reason to even make that comment, loosen up a little.
                    http://arts.muohio.edu/music/

Normally I don't have that much of a problem with other bands, but there were times where it sounded like they had never played an instrument before. I really don't need to hear squealing trombones during the second overtime of regional finals. For all the crap Michigan gets about playing the Victors so much, there is something to be said about learning to play a few songs well as opposed to doing a lot of songs poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                      Wow! This awesome! I didn't even know it existed. If I could skate well enough to avoid falling on my face, I would definitely be in for this.

Rep us well, RHM!
                      I've witnessed the posters game before. If you can't skate well enough to keep from falling on your face, you'll fit right in.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                        Also, please don't send your band to Detroit. They're awful. I'd really rather listen to piped in music. I don't even mean this as trash talk, it's an honest request.
                        Seriously? But the CCHA poll about which school had the best band definitely said otherwise! Regardless, completely unnecessary.

Comment

Seriously? But the CCHA poll about which school had the best band definitely said otherwise! Regardless, completely unnecessary.
                          And we all know that internet polls are completely reliable...

Comment

sorry for being so late with some postgame quotes from UND.com. I know many of you wouldn't be caught dead venturing into NDs site.

I'm sorry to see all the sniping back and forth between fans following the game. It was an entertaining one, and from what I've heard the best one among the 12 games in the four regions.

I hope everyone who was at the games at least enjoyed their time there, and found the Regional experience rewarding enough to make the effort to get to another one, even if your team isn't among the 16 teams in the tourney.

Congrats to BSU and UAH. Good luck in the WCHA next year Beaver fans. And good luck to UAH in College Hockey Alabama. Keep the faith and with luck things will work out one way or another and you will find a home. Just like our sport is enriched with the mix of big brand name colleges like the Michigans or Wisconsins, and little guys like the Lake States and Ferris States, I think I like the idea of finding a way to make it work with teams outside of "hockey" hotbeds. What the hell is a hockey hotbed anyway? I think it is someplace where you can see some good college hockey and people love the game. How many people think Huntsville and guys like Geof fill those requirements 100 times over? (IHF raising HIS hand)

Congrats to Michigan on an exciting final month to your season. I bet you all will cherish this trip to the NCAAs as much as any recent ones and other than 1998 and 1996 maybe more. The way your boys rallied around Hunwick, not to mention the way he played after Notre Dame put 5 behind him to finish out the regular season, was a sight to behold. Have a great off season. It'll be October before you know it.

And last of all, congrats and good luck to Miami in Detroit. Win it for the CCHA. Win it for your Brotherhood. Win it for Brendan.
                            Last edited by IrishHockeyFan; 03-29-2010, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Rep us well, RHM!
                              +1 for what bigblue said- skating is not a pre-req for the posters game. We will make sure you have fun.

Skill ranges all over the place- from those who have played since we were kids to raw beginners since they love the game.

If you have equipment, and are willing to try, and want to have fun- come and give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                +1 for what bigblue said- skating is not a pre-req for the posters game. We will make sure you have fun.

Skill ranges all over the place- from those who have played since we were kids to raw beginners since they love the game.

If you have equipment, and are willing to try, and want to have fun- come and give it a shot.
                                I've got enough equipment to avoid breaking too many bones, though I'll need to track down a helmet. Any house helmets (gross though they usually are!) available for this event? Will have to check with the rest of my group about making the trip. Is this strictly posters-only or can friends-of-posters get in on the action? I have a feeling my ride and other friend would be much more open to the side trip if they could join in.

Regardless, I hope I can make it and provide some amusement for the rest of you as I indiscriminately slam into walls. I've yet to have the pleasure of visiting Yost, and this would definitely be a great way to do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X