No announcement yet.

Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Originally posted by BeaverFever09 View Post
    If anyone is interested it's 831 miles from Bemidji MN to Fort Wayne. That's a 15 hour drive cry babies haha just kidding. Woulda loved to play at St. Paul!!
    It might be under 500 miles as the crow flys, but it looks like there's no resonable way for the NCAA to bus UAH to Fort Wayne without breaking 500 miles, without taking every **** dirt road and hog trail in Tennessee and Kentucky.

Originally posted by GOBEAVS View Post
    Come on bro take it easy, ya we made a run last year and now we are a well known team and nobody will be suprised if we do it again this year because we have proved all year we can compete with anyone in the country, but you dont have to rag on huntsville so bad its good to see them back in the tourney and yes they may be a bad team but once your in this tourney any team can beat any team. Also BSU and UAH do have a mutual respect between eachother, even though they are bitter rivals.

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Wow, GOBEAVS, you're breaking with your I-hate-UAH past, man. It's like you're getting soft in your old age!

Seriously, thanks.

GFM <-- a rocket scientist, actually, but hey.
    I did a double take myself as well.....

Originally posted by GOBEAVS View Post
    Haha no problem GFM, best of luck to your boys in the tournament except when we meet with a frozen four berth on the line, then i can hate huntsville that day.
    Fair enough, continue.......

*****http://i15.***********.com/albums/a387/bigmrg74/popcorn.gif******
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
      For anyone making the trip to Fort Wayne here are some restaurant ideas.

Across the street from the Coliseum is a place called Casa Mare. Excellent Italian food. There are actually other Casa restaurants in Fort Wayne all owned by the same family. There is a place called Casa Grille on the north side of town with a big wood fire hearth style oven that has pizzas and other italian. There are 2 other Casa restaurants in town but they have the same basic menu as Casa Mare.

Also lots of other great restaurants on or near Coliseum Blvd...some local, several chain. A few others that are farther away from the Coliseum (like 10 minutes most) but worth the drive:

Askausa - Japanese and Sushi
      Trolley Bar - Steaks and Seafood with a very good salad bar
      Oyster Bar, Chappelles, Paulas On Main - Seafood restaurants
      Mad Anthony Brewing Company

and of course many others.
      Trolley bar and Mad Anthony brewing company are both phenominal and I highly recommend them.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I'm just saying a team that is 12-19 doesn't belong in the frozen four tournament. And I bet if you asked every guy on that team they'd say that they are just happy to be there. I don't know is that wrong?
        If they beat Miami and Bemidji/Michigan they deserve to be in the Frozen Four. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just ignorant. If you didn't want them there you should of won your own tournament....
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I'm just saying a team that is 12-19 doesn't belong in the frozen four tournament. And I bet if you asked every guy on that team they'd say that they are just happy to be there. I don't know is that wrong?
          Not sure where you get the "they don't belong" argument. They obviously belong....they won their conference tournament. That is all that's required.

And I hope the guys on UAH (corrected myself this time, lol!) on aren't "just happy to be there." Because, if so, it's going to be a very short stint. I realize I'm rooting for their opponent, but they had better have the expectation of fighting to go on to the FF - even if they are playing one of the best teams in the country. Keep in mind, that both Miami and BSU were in a similar position last year.
          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
            For anyone making the trip to Fort Wayne here are some restaurant ideas.

Across the street from the Coliseum is a place called Casa Mare. Excellent Italian food. There are actually other Casa restaurants in Fort Wayne all owned by the same family. There is a place called Casa Grille on the north side of town with a big wood fire hearth style oven that has pizzas and other italian. There are 2 other Casa restaurants in town but they have the same basic menu as Casa Mare.

Also lots of other great restaurants on or near Coliseum Blvd...some local, several chain. A few others that are farther away from the Coliseum (like 10 minutes most) but worth the drive:

Askausa - Japanese and Sushi
            Trolley Bar - Steaks and Seafood with a very good salad bar
            Oyster Bar, Chappelles, Paulas On Main - Seafood restaurants
            Mad Anthony Brewing Company

and of course many others.
            I'll second the Casa's. There's nothing better than a local family place gone local chain.

The Cork and Cleaver up on E. Washington Center is a good steak place if that's your thing.

Anything "Don Hall's" is usually pretty good, particularly for breakfast. The Takaoka downtown is a fun place for one of those Japanese "they fix it right at your table and make a show of it" places. That's in the upper floor of the Old Gas House, which is also good.

All your usual chain stuff is around town as well if you want to eat at someplace with a sign you recognize.

If you're looking for something to do that's "different" the IBA will be having the Indiana State Gradeschool Basketball tourney that weekend at the Spiece Fieldhouse. If your'e into grassroots basketball 3rd grade to 8th grade, it'll be a big thing. (Also...that may make some hotels right around the area get booked for some nights.)

The Ft. Wayne Zoo is one of the best in the region and worth a visit. (http://www.kidszoo.org/)

The Old Historic Ft. Wayne (http://www.oldfortwayne.org/index.html) is another thing around town. So is Science Central (http://www.sciencecentral.org/)

The Ft. Wayne Derby Girls will have a match in the expo center of the Coliseum Saturday at 5:30 if you're not that interested in the Miami-UAH game

I also looked up what the Grand Wayne Convention Center downtown might be having and there's apparently a Tattoo convention scheduled.

There's also Glenbrook Mall if you're a teenager looking to hang out or something more conventional like that.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              If they beat Miami and Bemidji/Michigan they deserve to be in the Frozen Four. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just ignorant. If you didn't want them there you should of won your own tournament....
              Word.

Go Chargers!!!
              "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                You wouldn't happen to be related to the morris that runs the Wright st. program are you?

I hear the endeavor is being retired, shouldn't the final mission be taking huntsville to ft. wayne?
                No, I'm not related to that Morris, although I lived in the area from 1983-1991 and lived about three miles from the WSU campus. [Wright-Patterson, how I miss thee.]

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

As a PROUD BSU Alum, I say GO BEAVERS. But I am disappointed they couldn't bring it home this year, to be placed in Saint Paul would of been PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter what I CAN NOT WAIT to be in the stands for the first game against North Dakota next year...... It will be a great time.
                  - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                  Go you Green and White
                  Go Bemidji Beavers
                  Fight with all your might!
                  Rah! Rah! Rah!
                  We are here to cheer you
                  We are out to win your fame,
                  So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                  Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

All good suggestions for stuff to do BuPHd. I would highly recommend the zoo as it just underwent some major renovations and added several species/exhibits.

I actually know a few of the Derby Girls. Never seen a match but I do know they do a lot of charity work.

I was going to suggest a TinCaps (Single A baseball) game but they dont start for another few weeks. But their new field downtown is awesome.

Another restaurant I just thought of is Munchie Emporium which is also downtown. I havent eaten there in a long time but its good. They also brew their own beers I believe. There are at least half a dozen local diners that are also fantastic for breakfast...I just with I could remember their names! I will look them up and list them here. Im talking about those huge breakfasts that could feed a small army but only cost like 5 bucks.

BuPHd you ever eat at Powers downtown? Now that place was good. If you are a White Caslte fan this place will knock your socks off.

Fort Wayne is a suprisingly fun town. I encourage visitors to go down early/stay late and check out a few things. Too bad its not fall...you could attend the Johnny Appleseed Festival and place an apple on his grave. Johnny Appleseed park is right next to the Coliseum so if you really wanted to you could go see it anyway.
                    Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 03-21-2010, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

I-65 is 6 lanes for a very solid portion of Kentucky. I would know, I've driven it multiple times. The dirt roads are in eastern Kentucky, near Lexington

With no dog in this NCAA tourney fight, I'm throwing my lot in with BSU. I love Beavers.

Comment

• Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                        I-65 is 6 lanes for a very solid portion of Kentucky. I would know, I've driven it multiple times. The dirt roads are in eastern Kentucky, near Lexington

With no dog in this NCAA tourney fight, I'm throwing my lot in with BSU. I love Beavers.
                        Furry Green Beavers or Edible Beavers?
                        - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                        Go you Green and White
                        Go Bemidji Beavers
                        Fight with all your might!
                        Rah! Rah! Rah!
                        We are here to cheer you
                        We are out to win your fame,
                        So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                        Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                          This was the (my) expectation of Danton Cole from the day he was hired. Year three, NCAA tournament.

We're not "happy to be here." We expected to be here. And we are.
                          Are you kidding?! This is the best most far fetched comment yet! You are Bemidji States perennial whipping boy year in and year out!! I laughed out loud when i read it. Your team is six games below .500 has no conference to even call its own next year. Was ranked DEAD LAST in the inside college hockey's Great 58 and you "Expected to be here." Hahaha awesome!! Completely Amazing. One question... What's it like in your fantasy world?
                          Last edited by BeaverFever09; 03-22-2010, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                            You're right, you don't. And it is.

Take out our abysmal homestand in November and this is an over .500 team.

Any Charger who is just "happy to be here" is a Charger who needs to find another team as far as I'm concerned.
                            Yeah and they will find a new team. When your college stops having it's own team. "Take out our abysmal".... Stop making excuses for your team's inadequacies! Just stop it's sad. This is supposed to be a happy time.
                            Last edited by BeaverFever09; 03-22-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                              Didn't Michigan get swept by UNO?
                              Yes, and UNO earned it, but that was weeks ago.

But, what's that got to do with Miami losing to them? OSU taking Miami to three games? I saw a 2-2 trend coming into the CCHA championships- maybe a bit of relaxation/overconfidence on their part, even though they wanted to win the tourney. They were on cruise mode since December.

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                              Yes we didn't play well, but with all the posts that we hit and Hunwick leaving out 3726 rebounds in front of the net that hopped over our sticks, that game still could have gone either way. Those 3 quick goals in the 3rd hurt, but up until that point it was still a close game.
                              Is it that hard to give your opponent a little credit? Your team got outplayed, period. The rest are excuses. How many times did Reichard get yanked this season? It may be the best thing that happened to your team going into the NCAA's.

Comment

I'm sorry but putting my beloved beavs against Michigan in Michigan a vitural home game. When Michigan is a three seed. Way to go committee!! Hope we stick it to them just like notre dame last year. Cinderalla is back people!!
                                Last I checked, Ft. Wayne is in Indiana, about a 2 hour drive from A2.
                                I'm guessing the same distance via air for UAH and BSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X