No announcement yet.

Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
    Folks will be getting home pretty late for morning classes tomorrow!
    Good job NCAA! Way to look out for the students (and fans) who attended this game (or even wanted to).

Comment

• Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

apologies to the Wolverines for our Hockey East REF Gravelese blowing the call in OT.
      As we saw last year with an exceptionally talented BU team, to win it all BU was not only good but needed the fortunate bounces/calls to reel in the championship.

Maybe Michigan still pulls this one out.
      Last edited by DaveDan; 03-28-2010, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Miami looks like they're out of gas.

Comment

Originally posted by thehockeymaven View Post
          Miami looks like they're out of gas.
          This is a lot more fun to watch when my team's fortunes aren't hanging in the balance. Having flashbacks of UW's 3 OT game against Cornell in 06.

I know EXACTLY how nervous these fans are.

Michigan is a scary team right now and should win this game based on the first OT. We'll see though.

Comment

Just like that.

Great game. Congrats to Miami.

Comment

Michigan deserved better than that. But what would an NCAA tournament be without Michigan getting screwed by an incompetent officiating crew?

Still waiting on Miami to drop in a second goal to win it for real.

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
                Michigan deserved better than that. But what would an NCAA tournament be without Michigan getting screwed by an incompetent officiating crew?

Still waiting on Miami to drop in a second goal to win it for real.
                Yawn.

Great game. Awesome game. THIS is why I heart playoff hockey.

Congrats to Miami, and to Michigan I will tip my hat. Nice run at the end of the season.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Well, I'm dissappointed losing but I didn't expect to get that far. I'm still proud of the team for the way they rebounded after that h3llish season this year. Oh well, I get to shave again...
                  Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Shame that such a great game will be remembered for a controversy.

Shame that Michigan won't be in Detroit for the Frozen Four, which would have made for a good atmosphere.

But while the referees do deserve an ounce of blame, the bottom line is that this was something we've seen too often before...Michigan outshoots the other team but can't put the puck in the net. We had many, many chances in the first overtime after the referee messed up and didn't make anything of them. And for that, we can only blame ourselves.

I will be pulling for Miami next weekend. Go CCHA...
                    Last edited by MichFan; 03-28-2010, 11:11 PM. Reason: Grammatical mistake

Comment

Congratulations Miami! Great game by both teams. Good luck in Detroit.

Comment

Oooooooooooooooooooooooo

Excuses...blah...blah...excuses...blah...blah...Go Skins!

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                          That was awesome when that guy was doing the wooo woo wooo thing against Michigan when they were on the powerplay. The wolverine fans over there were ****ed
                          Once again it proves my point that a Redhawk is incapable of an original thought. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Comment

Originally posted by Redskins4evr View Post
                            Oooooooooooooooooooooooo

Excuses...blah...blah...excuses...blah...blah...Go Skins!
                            Have fun with your MAC education.

Good game though.

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
                              Yeah I'm sure Colgate fans agree with this sentiment
                              Congrats Miami, best of luck in the Frozen Four...

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
                                Have fun with your MAC education.

Good game though.
                                Wow a Michigan fan throwing out academics when their team ****s the bed...THAT is tradition! If I am not allowed to compare the basketball tournament to hockey...well this post just takes the cake. But hey, now you guys can look forward to football season because that's all that matters at Michigan, right?

countdown until he calls me Sparty and then reminds me that my team didn't even make the tournament.
                                MICHIGAN STATE
                                1966:1986:2007

Comment

Working...
                                X