No announcement yet.

Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
    While that is appropriate I believe that since this is Michigan Hockey it would be more fitting for Jagermeister rather than Cognac.
    Michigan hockey is more fitting for Aristocrat vodka than anything else. The ****tiest vodka ever.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Michigan hockey is more fitting for Aristocrat vodka than anything else. The ****tiest vodka ever.
      Never heard of it. You must be an expert on flamer liquor...
      Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
        Never heard of it. You must be an expert on flamer liquor...
        You are the TAB of cola. The Kumho of tires. The Mississippi of states. The lacrosse of sports. The UP of the United States. The Top Flite of golf balls. The Toyota of accelerator pedals. In other words, you are the worst, most terrible at everything you try to do. You cause cancer, you kill people and you cause the worst slices in the game. You are worthless.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Not the atmosphere I feared, but it could have been better. The early game was awful. To someone with no vested interest if felt like the game faced off at 6:00 a.m. It was somewhat better for the second game, but not much. No BSU presence to speak of. They were nearly absent at GR last year as well. The team has been a good story the last two seasons, now the fans need to get on board as best they can.

Very few UM fans at the early game, they numbered in the dozens. Equally small contingent of MU fans for the night cap, possibly a few more. Why don't people stay for both games? Aren't we all college hockey fans as well as fans of particular schools? For the ridiculous amount of $$$ Notre Dame and the NC$$ wanted for tickets, I'd sure want to get my money's worth. Since the two schools not playing were barely represented at the gate, today will have a similar crowd. One would hope for perhaps a few more to make the trip up or down, maybe waiting to see if their team was going to make Sunday, but the cost of a ticket for one game being so prohibitively high (as much as 8 times the price of some Fighting Irish hockey tix) you can count on seeing few if any casuals or locals.

Good luck to both teams tonight. No matter what happens the CCHA will be one of four conferences represented at the FFFF.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
            Not the atmosphere I feared, but it could have been better. The early game was awful. To someone with no vested interest if felt like the game faced off at 6:00 a.m. It was somewhat better for the second game, but not much. No BSU presence to speak of. They were nearly absent at GR last year as well. The team has been a good story the last two seasons, now the fans need to get on board as best they can.

Very few UM fans at the early game, they numbered in the dozens. Equally small contingent of MU fans for the night cap, possibly a few more. Why don't people stay for both games? Aren't we all college hockey fans as well as fans of particular schools? For the ridiculous amount of $$$ Notre Dame and the NC$$ wanted for tickets, I'd sure want to get my money's worth. Since the two schools not playing were barely represented at the gate, today will have a similar crowd. One would hope for perhaps a few more to make the trip up or down, maybe waiting to see if their team was going to make Sunday, but the cost of a ticket for one game being so prohibitively high (as much as 8 times the price of some Fighting Irish hockey tix) you can count on seeing few if any casuals or locals.

Good luck to both teams tonight. No matter what happens the CCHA will be one of four conferences represented at the FFFF.
            Ridiculous cost + 8pm puck drop on a Sunday... not sure what to expect for crowd size. I know there are quite a few Miami fans who weren't able to make it yesterday but are driving up for tonight, but I know of many others who just couldn't justify coming up for the game when they have to be up early for work or classes tomorrow morning.

However, I saw both games yesterday and I'll be there tonight, and though I can't out-cheer the entire Michigan student section, I hope I can at least be loud enough to cancel 2 or 3 of them out. Let's Go RedHawks!!!
            Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
              Ridiculous cost + 8pm puck drop on a Sunday... not sure what to expect for crowd size. I know there are quite a few Miami fans who weren't able to make it yesterday but are driving up for tonight, but I know of many others who just couldn't justify coming up for the game when they have to be up early for work or classes tomorrow morning.
              Yeah I haven't heard too much as far as people going but we'll see. Everyone can make it back to Oxford by 2 so classes in the morning shouldn't stop anyone, this is college after all, 5 hours of sleep is plenty!

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
              However, I saw both games yesterday and I'll be there tonight, and though I can't out-cheer the entire Michigan student section, I hope I can at least be loud enough to cancel 2 or 3 of them out.
              I'll try my best to make it 4 or 5

Heading up in about 4 hours, can't wait for round 2!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                The Kumho of tires.
                All the rest may be quite valid, but the Kuhmo racing tires I've used over the last decade are pretty killer.

None the less, with the snobs that surround me here in Ann Arbor, whatever you choose- it has to be expensive. Not good, neccessarily, expensive.

For recent years, it should also be more local- so instead of Cognac, I need to get a good brandy made somewhere near Traverse City. And IIRC, there IS a vodka distillery in the state. And plenty of wine and beer. Choose what you like.

Anyway, the way both Miami and Michigan played was not like last week. IMHO, Michigan got really lucky at key times last night, else those penalties they took would have been quite the opposite. Can NOT do that against Miami tonight, as I'm sure rickey will get them ready for the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

For recent years, it should also be more local- so instead of Cognac, I need to get a good brandy made somewhere near Traverse City. And IIRC, there IS a vodka distillery in the state. And plenty of wine and beer. Choose what you like.
                  You're a HOCKEY fan, fer cryin' out loud! Just drink BEER!!!

Comment

I was at both games last night. While at the bar in between games I met some nice Michigan fans, but man were most of them sitting around me dumb. Sorry UofM fans, but this game was probably the reason why I finally understand why people don't like your fans.

For instance, everytime a penalty was called against UofM not just one, but most of the fans would break out in "boo's" and yell obscenities at the refs. Not saying that doesn't happen at Miami games every now and then, but ALMOST EVERY single call? Really? Like every call they made was not jusitified. There was a lot of the "hit to the head"/high hit enforcement going on last night. It's not hard to get around it, just don't lift your arms in the air when you hit the guy. Fans were being very sensitive to almost every single call, even one of the fans behind me last night said "For every 10 penalties they call against Michigan they should at least call one on them". I just shook my head.

Now I'm not saying that all of you were like this but geez. Most of them around me were.

I seriously hope this isn't the case tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawksFan10 View Post
                      I was at both games last night. While at the bar in between games I met some nice Michigan fans, but man were most of them sitting around me dumb. Sorry UofM fans, but this game was probably the reason why I finally understand why people don't like your fans.

For instance, everytime a penalty was called against UofM not just one, but most of the fans would break out in "boo's" and yell obscenities at the refs. Not saying that doesn't happen at Miami games every now and then, but ALMOST EVERY single call? Really? Like every call they made was not jusitified. There was a lot of the "hit to the head"/high hit enforcement going on last night. It's not hard to get around it, just don't lift your arms in the air when you hit the guy. Fans were being very sensitive to almost every single call, even one of the fans behind me last night said "For every 10 penalties they call against Michigan they should at least call one on them". I just shook my head.

Now I'm not saying that all of you were like this but geez. Most of them around me were.

I don't see the distinction between this and any other fanbase. Doesn't make the fanbase dumb, biased, yes... but not dumb.

Comment

Coverage of the games from the Journal Gazette and UND.com.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          I don't see the distinction between this and any other fanbase. Doesn't make the fanbase dumb, biased, yes... but not dumb.
                          Well glad that's something you can be proud of.

Comment

Well glad that's something you can be proud of.
                            I'm glad you're joking because Miami has its share of tools, also. One particular RedHawk fan trying to shout down the whole Michigan student section was quite enjoyable. Hope that wasn't you.

Without whining too much, I think that the officiating was a bit excessive. Michigan deserved some calls due to their characteristically aggressive (read: dumb) play all season, and may have a bit of a reputation this season amongst the officiating crowd. But five calls in a row with some borderline at best would have me howling too, especially when they were letting go overaggressive play on the part of BSU.

Here's an excerpt from Packer's Blog "The Blog That Yost Built".

"Where this game was really won, however, was on the penalty kill. From the 9 minute mark of the first period until the 3 minute mark of the second, the Wolverines had to kill off five full BSU power plays. That's 10 minutes of penalty killing in a 14 minute span, and an incredible eight minutes in a ten minute span from 13 minutes of the first to 3 minutes of the second. They killed off the rough equivalent of back-to-back major penalties and gave up 5 shots on goal in the process. The penalty kill was just ridiculous."

Can't get away with this tonight, but then again, hopefully the officiating is a bit less lopsided.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                              Miami has its share of tools, also.
                              Understatement of the century, they usually stay away from hockey though.

Comment

Yea, I don't get your beef with that. It's kind of the point for the fans to be biased for our team, against the other team, and against calls against us, regardless if they are correct or not.

It's not like we are on some message board pounding our chests proclaiming that we are not afraid of anyone, yadda, yadda, yadda. Nor is our press saying that we are a dynasty when we HAVE won numerous championships (CCHA regular season, CCHA Tourny, GLI, championships, and now 20 years in a row NCAA appearences...).

And the number of us that complain about the other teams fans is generally down to toolz. wT does hate rickey, due to a personal incident...

Should our fans just sit on their hands all the time???

While I recognize the stupid penalties that we take, I also have no problem with our students raining boos onto the refs. It's what they do.

Seriously, if it bugs you, then they are doing their job. that's kind of the POINT.

Comment

Working...
                                X