No announcement yet.

Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

I'm sorry but putting my beloved beavs against Michigan in Michigan a vitural home game. When Michigan is a three seed. Way to go committee!! Hope we stick it to them just like notre dame last year. Cinderalla is back people!!

Comment

The argument here of Miami getting hosed is completely different if Michigan was a .500 team over their last 15 games, dropping from a potential 1 seed to a 3 seed. I'm not saying that there's no argument to be had, just that a lot of people are factoring Michigan's current play into this decision that Miami got hosed. The fact is that Michigan is the last 3 seed, so bracket integrity was preserved while boosting attendance.

And this is only an argument should either of them win the first game. Period.
      Last edited by KC8NIY; 03-21-2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
        I'll bet a 12 ounce beverage that BSU has more fans at the regional than Miami. They did at last years FF.
        I said it was great and dedicated, not big

Ohio is not the hockey state that Minnesota is.

Comment

Attendance and flights were the key here. Ft. Wayne is just not a very easily "flying to" city if you're looking for a team with traveling fans, it's smart to look for one who's fan base can drive there.

That and the money it'll generate from the tickets of course.

Comment

I agree man this is a steaming load. It's wrong to give Michigan a gift like this to a team that isn't even the best team in the state "N Michigan" that's right wolverines. Not even the best in the state. And guess what my beavers are not gonna just lay down for ya. We don't care were we played we beat Notre Dame miles from their campus last year. And we beat Miami this year. Let's dance! Just cause you have that "M" on the front of your jersey people think your intidaled you got hot and the end of the year. That's it!

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverFever09 View Post
              I agree man this is a steaming load. It's wrong to give Michigan a gift like this to a team that isn't even the best team in the state "N Michigan" that's right wolverines. Not even the best in the state. And guess what my beavers are not gonna just lay down for ya. We don't care were we played we beat Notre Dame miles from their campus last year. And we beat Miami this year. Let's dance! Just cause you have that "M" on the front of your jersey people think your intidaled you got hot and the end of the year. That's it!
              Could you translate to English, please? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                And lets be fair the 40 minute drive for Michigan students is a little more economical then the 4 hour trek from Oxford
                MUhawks, don't be discouraged. According to my calculations . . .

Ann Arbor - Fort Wayne: 150.6 mi/ 40 min = 226 mph
                Miami - Fort Wayne: 136.9 mi/ 4 hrs = 34 mph

The hundred or so plodders from Miami who manage to make Fort Wayne without being rear-ended should be the only CCHA fans in attendance after all the Wolverine 226-MPHers are either wrapped around trees or jailed for speeding.

And just look at the screwing Michigan got in the bracket assignments. Even if they manage to get past a team from a real conference in the first round, they could face the team that's #1 in the National PWR, took the regular-season conference title by a margin of 20 points, only missed being national champions last year because they blew a two-goal lead in the last minutes of the game while we all watched in absolute disbelief, managed to plop in a late-game goal to cut their margin of loss to only three just two days ago, and found a way to get past Alabama-Huntsville.

Or, worse, Michigan could face a cinderella team that's absolutely out of control with emotion after beating the team that's #1 in the National PWR, took the regular-season conference title by a margin of 20 points, only missed being national champions last year because they blew a two-goal lead in the last minutes of the game while we all watched in absolute disbelief, managed to plop in a late-game goal to cut their margin of loss to only three goals just two days ago, and couldn't find a way to beat Alabama-Huntsville.

Sounds like a hopeless proposition for Michigan. This is clear discrimination against cinderella finishers.

Comment

Woooosh.

I'll take what was muhawks referring to for 1000 Alex.

What is He was talking about the distance between Ann arbor and the Joe. Not fort Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundance View Post

The hundred or so plodders from Miami who manage to make Fort Wayne without being rear-ended should be the only CCHA fans in attendance after all the Wolverine 226-MPHers are either wrapped around trees or jailed for speeding.

And just look at the screwing Michigan got in the bracket assignments. Even if they manage to get past a team from a real conference in the first round, they could face the team that's #1 in the National PWR, took the regular-season conference title by a margin of 20 points, only missed being national champions last year because they blew a two-goal lead in the last minutes of the game while we all watched in absolute disbelief, managed to plop in a late-game goal to cut their margin of loss to only three just two days ago, and found a way to get past Alabama-Huntsville.

Or, worse, Michigan could face a cinderella team that's absolutely out of control with emotion after beating the team that's #1 in the National PWR, took the regular-season conference title by a margin of 20 points, only missed being national champions last year because they blew a two-goal lead in the last minutes of the game while we all watched in absolute disbelief, managed to plop in a late-game goal to cut their margin of loss to only three goals just two days ago, and couldn't find a way to beat Alabama-Huntsville.

Sounds like a hopeless proposition for Michigan. This is clear discrimination against cinderella finishers.
                    He was talking about the CCHA attendance at the Joe, not in FW. MU saving up for NCAA instead of CCHA.
                    Anybody but Northern

Comment

Originally posted by Sundance View Post

Simple math.

Yeah I thought those numbers were a bit off. Those coming from Ann Arbor do have Interstate the whole way. Those coming from Oxford get to deal with US 27. Around 2 1/2 -3 hours either trip depending on traffic and how heavy the lead is in your shoes.

Edit: Please add me to the whoosh-a-thon!

I'm from Ft. Wayne so I have Ft. Wayne on the brain.

Comment

BEST. POST. EVER. ....

Comment

Just cause you have that "M" on the front of your jersey people think your intidaled you got hot and the end of the year.
                          Wow, as much as I hate the spelling police, that's not even close. We're not on a sinking shrimp boat, cap'n.
                          Anybody but Northern

Comment

Come on Miami guys, quit bi*ching. We can't change it. Deal with it, we don't even play Michigan. We got to beat Alabama-Huntsville first.

The committee made a point to avoid flights across the board. Atleast they did it with everyone and not just in Ft. Wayne. Michigan played well getting into the tourny and beat us in the semi's but Michigan guys if thats what your going to hang your hat out good luck with that. You had to play your way into the tourny, we have been in since christmas. Congrats on winning the CCHA and getting in but to stick your chests out like that is just arogant.

Bemidji is well rested, I think it will be 20 days off for them? They beat Miami early in the year, lost to OSU though but are capable of hanging with anyone. If I were Michigan fan I would be worrying about them rather than Miami and vice versa.

Bemidji Fan, you may have an arguement in being frustrated. But nothing you can do about it. I know your coach wont use it as an excuse. You have a good team, go out and show it. You have just as much speed as Michigan. May be an underdog with the crowd but you were last year when you beat Notre Dame.

Regardless, this will be a great regional with 4 quality teams. I am looking forward to it and can't wait to get to Ft. Wayne.
                            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

My team beat your team 3 years ago... your team beat their team last year... their team beat my team early in the season... All of that is crap!!! This is a one-and-done tournament and ANY one of these teams can beat ANY one of these teams on any given day. If you don't belive that you're living in a dream. Worry about your NEXT game... you are just as likely as not to not have to play that Miami/Michigan game... The teams and locations are chosen, all the bi-itching in the world won't change that; live with it.
                              Doug
                              UAH 1974
                              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                                Simple math.

Yeah I thought those numbers were a bit off. Those coming from Ann Arbor do have Interstate the whole way. Those coming from Oxford get to deal with US 27. Around 2 1/2 -3 hours either trip depending on traffic and how heavy the lead is in your shoes.

Edit: Please add me to the whoosh-a-thon!

I'm from Ft. Wayne so I have Ft. Wayne on the brain.
                                Not even far to that far from Oxford. Its 2 hrs max and isn't a bad drive at all. Especially on a saturday. Miami will be well represented there, they had about 4k at the frozen four in D.C.
                                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Working...
                                X