Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: East Regional: #1 Denver v. #4 RIT; #2 Cornell v. #3 New Hampshire

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    Cornell will again be split hoops or hockey will Denver fans travel? Will unh and rit drive 3 hours?
    It's not a split: Syracuse Thursday, Albany (145 miles away) Friday. They're even in the correct order from Ithaca. Saturday is a potential huge problem that we will hopefully have.

UNH has traveled very well in the past, I expect the building will be 40%/40% Cornell-UNH with another 10% or so uncommitted and the rest mostly RIT.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-22-2010, 02:34 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      It's not a split: Syracuse Thursday, Albany Friday. Saturday is a potential huge problem that we will hopefully have.
      We will dominate the Thruway this weekend!!!!!1!!!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

It's not a split: Syracuse Thursday, Albany (145 miles away) Friday. They're even in the correct order from Ithaca. Saturday is a potential huge problem that we will hopefully have.

UNH has traveled very well in the past, I expect the building will be 40%/40% Cornell-UNH with another 10% or so uncommitted and the rest mostly RIT.
        To help you out it is OK if the hockey team has a loss to UNH on Friday, that will help Saturday out right?...
        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
          Where are other UNH fans sitting? Looking at buying tickets, want to make as much noise as possible.
          Just picked up my tickets at the box office today. According to their seating chart at the ticket window, UNH will occupy the vicinity of sections 102-103 (same corner Union had last weekend).

Also, for anyone confused about the game times, the ticket agent was adamant that the Friday games are 3:00 and 6:00, despite what was printed on my ticket...even though I told him I was more concerned about the start time of the first game.
          Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Rosie's Rebounds: NCAA Tournament Edition:

http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/6267

Comment

Originally posted by InsideHockey View Post
              Rosie's Rebounds: NCAA Tournament Edition:

http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/6267
              Nice to mention Alaska, but I think RIT making the tournament after only 5 years in DI should have gotten a mention.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                We'll see. After that awful weekend in St. Paul, there are a lot more question marks for this Denver team then there were a few weeks ago. I hope you're right, but after 30 years of watching college players, I've learned not to count on anything.
                After watching the crazyness that is the NCAA basketball tournament - I wholeheartedly agree.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                  Trust me, DU won't be looking past RIT. DU was shamed by last weekend's humbling debacle in St. Paul, where they did not exert enough effort and got beat twice. I expect them to be very focused and intense this weekend. I think the coaching staff, seniors and captains will be spending the next few days doing whatever they can to get the DU into a laser-like focus on the task at hand.
                  For their sake they better not or could get a real big surprise. Someone already pointed out RIT out of conference record, but what most people do not know is most of those out of conference were at the start of the season when RIT was really just coming together as a team. They where hit pretty hard with goal scoring losses from last year and it showed early as the Tigers had trouble putting the puck in the net early. They outplayed a lot of those ECAC teams, especially Saint Lawerence but goal scoring let them down. As the season progressed they found their goal scoring touch and you really see in the last 8 games or so it really turn them into a dominate team.

RIT can match up goaltending and defensively in the region. They have very fast forward that can really shut down a power play and block a lot of shots. If RIT gets the kind of Goaltending DiMike has done all most every game this year and can use their speed they have a chance to pull the upset. RIT MUST CASH IN THEIR SCORING CHANCES

If your looking for goal scoring this could be the wrong region to watch....
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                    Just picked up my tickets at the box office today. According to their seating chart at the ticket window, UNH will occupy the vicinity of sections 102-103 (same corner Union had last weekend).

Also, for anyone confused about the game times, the ticket agent was adamant that the Friday games are 3:00 and 6:00, despite what was printed on my ticket...even though I told him I was more concerned about the start time of the first game.
                    The Times Union Arena website says 3:00 & 6:30. Every other regional has a 3 1/2 hour gap between the games.

Comment

• Re: East Regional: #1 Denver v. #4 RIT; #2 Cornell v. #3 New Hampshire

To be honest, kep, I'd be surprised, or shocked if UNH has 1/3 the amount of fans Cornell has on Friday...

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                        To be honest, kep, I'd be surprised, or shocked if UNH has 1/3 the amount of fans Cornell has on Friday...
                        Agreed, brotha.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                          The Times Union Arena website says 3:00 & 6:30. Every other regional has a 3 1/2 hour gap between the games.
                          That makes sense; there's a minimum time between games, and with the game being on ESPNU there is NO WAY the first game was done in time for a 6pm start. Really, the second time listed on the ticket is superfluous anyway; puck drops at 3pm for game 1, they play 60 minutes (at least) of hockey; I believe it's 45 minutes between games, and the puck drops whenever that time is up. Consider that before a normal game, players are on the ice for warmups with about 39 minutes to go before game time, so there's gotta be a large gap between games. 6pm would never happen -- regardless of what the ticket says.
                          I haven't been on here in a year...
                          Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by smitre View Post
                            I think dumping Dries and his idiotic penalties is part of the reason Coach Umile won Co-Coach honors.
                            Yes, and the not unexpected loss of key seniors and JVR, leading to incredibly gloomy prospects for this season, which the Cats clearly overcame during the regular season before running into a desperate UVM team and sensational 7-period goal-tending performance in the HE quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                              DU is going to 'rick roll' RIT,
                              That doesn't even make sense. Unless you mean Rick Astley is going to show up to Albany in place of the DU hockey team, in which case, GREAT!

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by ken892 View Post
                                Look at the schedule, RIT hasn't beaten anyone outside of the weak conference they play in. Thinking that they can play with the "real big boys" is a pipe dream. I think that your already smoking from it.
                                Have you checked thier roster yet?

Does Vancouver 2010 ring any bells
                                Lets go Brampton Battalions

Comment

Working...
                                X