No announcement yet.

UAF is in (for the first time evah!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAF is in (for the first time evah!)

Awesome! Good luck to Coach Ferguson and Co.
    "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Nice going 'Laskans. It's really nice to see you folks in the tournament.

- a Wooferine

Comment

I like that "evah" is included as part of the title. Is that supposed to be a reference to the fact that Alaska is heading out to Worcester (or Woostah as people in Mass call it)?

Anyway, congrats Alaska. If you guys even bring 1/100th of the fans to Worcester that Maine brought to the Garden this weekend, I'll be impressed. See you next week!

P.S. Will your state's most famous hockey mom be making the trip? Or is she an Anchorage fan?
        Boston College '12
        1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Woohoooooooo!
          The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
            I like that "evah" is included as part of the title. Is that supposed to be a reference to the fact that Alaska is heading out to Worcester (or Woostah as people in Mass call it)?

Anyway, congrats Alaska. If you guys even bring 1/100th of the fans to Worcester that Maine brought to the Garden this weekend, I'll be impressed. See you next week!

P.S. Will your state's most famous hockey mom be making the trip? Or is she an Anchorage fan?
            The evah was a nod to where it looked like the team would end up.

On the road UAF usually gets a small but vocal groups of fans that show up at games. Anyone in the area with any connection at all to Alaska hockey will be at the game, might only be a couple hundred but you should know they are there.

I hope Palin doesn't show up, she did I think drop the puck at a Governor's Cup game years ago, but I don't want this team to be associated with her. I could almost imagine her trying to get some facetime somehow and it would bring attention to the team and hockey, I wouldn't be shocked if she somehow showed up.

Comment

9:30 AM next Saturday vs. BC on ESPN360.

Time to figure out how to use ESPN360.

If I didn't have commitments next weekend I can't get out of you could bet that I'd be burning up the frequent flier miles and getting on a plane to Boston. Go Nooks!!!
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                9:30 AM next Saturday vs. BC on ESPN360.

Time to figure out how to use ESPN360.

If I didn't have commitments next weekend I can't get out of you could bet that I'd be burning up the frequent flier miles and getting on a plane to Boston. Go Nooks!!!
                Same here. I was thinking about looking into tickets, and then I remembered the Home Show is this weekend. The one weekend out of the whole year that if I were to ask for time off work, they'd just look at me and laugh

I dunno about down in Anchorage, but up here, I think ESPN360.com is impossible to access. I remember not being able to last year or the year before, and the Nanook hockey blog confirms that. Hopefully they can figure out some sort of workaround. REALLY don't wanna miss this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
                  Same here. I was thinking about looking into tickets, and then I remembered the Home Show is this weekend. The one weekend out of the whole year that if I were to ask for time off work, they'd just look at me and laugh

I dunno about down in Anchorage, but up here, I think ESPN360.com is impossible to access. I remember not being able to last year or the year before, and the Nanook hockey blog confirms that. Hopefully they can figure out some sort of workaround. REALLY don't wanna miss this weekend
                  It's impossible in Anchorage, too. Supposedly it's available to college campuses so UAF might be able to pick up a feed and broadcast it in Schaible or the Wood Center. Us Anchorage-based Nanooks are likely ****-out-of-luck for this game, unless the alumni association cuts a deal to broadcast it at UAA for us (fat chance!).
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

go alaska fairbanks

Comment

This is thrilling!
                      Go Nooks!
                      Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Congrats to the Nooks and especially to former standout UAH player and assistant coach Lance "Westy" West... and his lovely wife Christina. Great Job!!!
                        Doug
                        UAH 1974
                        Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                        Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                        Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                        Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                        Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

GO NOOKS!
                          All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Working...
                          X